1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannehill Foot Injury

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by PhinGeneral, Jan 10, 2012.

1. PhinGeneral

PhinGeneral PC Texas A&M, Bro Club Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Swamps of Jersey
    Tony Pauline (who sounds like he should have been in the Sopranos) is reporting Ryan Tannehill will most likely miss the Senior Bowl.

It's apparently a significant foot injury.

Tony Pauline

If this is going to effect further workouts this might put the brakes on his rise in draft stock a bit.

Zanno likes this.
  2. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    If he can't workout before the draft, then it has to knock him out of the first round entirely.

3. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Last time we came across a player with a foot injury that kept them out of many off season workouts leading up to the draft, we ended up taking his whole family @ #9 in the 1st round......

[​IMG]

Tin Indian likes this.
  4. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida

That does appear to be a legitimate hazard.

5. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Maybe. If a team had a high grade on him prior to this I think it would b very tempting to get a late first round pick and use that on him. A team could get really bold and get Ryan Broyles as well . Have to be a secure orginization , but could be great long term gain .

6. Speedy

Speedy Dolfan forever! :-)

Jan 12, 2010
    Germany
    I was looking forward to watching him play in the Senior Bowl. I think if we can't get Luck or RG3 (which will likely be the case), he will be our best option. If the Fins think he is the guy, they have to take him, even if they have to reach for him.

Anybody else feeling like me? :wink2:

7. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Those are two players I really like and would not complain about getting them. I would not care if neither guy even saw the field that first year.

dolfan22 likes this.
  8. dolfan22

dolfan22 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

I totally agree with you , and personally I would approach the draft that way . I would delay gratification for a longer term benefit and if I was the owner this is how I would direct my management team to address the issue of getting to be an elite team.

Sure you want to win now and if you can , do that , but not to the detriment of increased future success. It would take a strong owner and GM to do this but , wow is that ever tempting for me .

rafael likes this.
  9. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I hate it when I see posters say stuff like "our first round pick has to have an impact this year". I find it short sighted and unreasonable. I'm sure people in Green Bay aren't complaining about drafting Rodgers since he didn't have an impact that first year.

10. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    That is something I totally agree with.

I think one of the beauties of Matt Moore looking servicable is that Miami has a little extra room to draft a quarterback that needs a year or two of work. If they draft a Tanninhill or Super Tall Quarterback from ASU and they turn out to be better than Moore their rookie year, awesome, if they need work the team can go on and still compete.