Tannehill Foot Injury

9 replies

PhinGeneralPhinGeneralSupporterOP
Jan 10, 2012, 01:18 PM

Tony Pauline (who sounds like he should have been in the Sopranos) is reporting Ryan Tannehill will most likely miss the Senior Bowl.

It's apparently a significant foot injury.

Tony Pauline

If this is going to effect further workouts this might put the brakes on his rise in draft stock a bit.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2012, 03:23 PM

If he can't workout before the draft, then it has to knock him out of the first round entirely.

BigDogsHuntBigDogsHuntNew Member
Jan 10, 2012, 03:29 PM

Last time we came across a player with a foot injury that kept them out of many off season workouts leading up to the draft, we ended up taking his whole family @ #9 in the 1st round......

BDH -

"To me, there are three things we all should do every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

Jimmy V. (Mar '93)

Tin IndianTin IndianForum Veteran
Jan 10, 2012, 03:42 PM

"BigDogsHunt wrote:

Last time we came across a player with a foot injury that kept them out of many off season workouts leading up to the draft, we ended up taking his whole family @ #9 in the 1st round......

That does appear to be a legitimate hazard.

Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Jan 11, 2012, 09:53 PM

"rafael wrote:

If he can't workout before the draft, then it has to knock him out of the first round entirely.

Maybe. If a team had a high grade on him prior to this I think it would b very tempting to get a late first round pick and use that on him. A team could get really bold and get Ryan Broyles as well . Have to be a secure orginization , but could be great long term gain .

SpeedySpeedyNew Member
Jan 12, 2012, 08:42 AM

I was looking forward to watching him play in the Senior Bowl. I think if we can't get Luck or RG3 (which will likely be the case), he will be our best option. If the Fins think he is the guy, they have to take him, even if they have to reach for him.

Anybody else feeling like me? :wink2:

GO FINS! :marble:

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 12:40 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

Maybe. If a team had a high grade on him prior to this I think it would b very tempting to get a late first round pick and use that on him. A team could get really bold and get Ryan Broyles as well . Have to be a secure orginization , but could be great long term gain .

Those are two players I really like and would not complain about getting them. I would not care if neither guy even saw the field that first year.

dolfan22dolfan22Supporter
Jan 12, 2012, 01:33 PM

"rafael wrote:

Those are two players I really like and would not complain about getting them. I would not care if neither guy even saw the field that first year.

I totally agree with you , and personally I would approach the draft that way . I would delay gratification for a longer term benefit and if I was the owner this is how I would direct my management team to address the issue of getting to be an elite team.

Sure you want to win now and if you can , do that , but not to the detriment of increased future success. It would take a strong owner and GM to do this but , wow is that ever tempting for me .

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 01:42 PM

"dolfan22 wrote:

I totally agree with you , and personally I would approach the draft that way . I would delay gratification for a longer term benefit and if I was the owner this is how I would direct my management team to address the issue of getting to be an elite team.

Sure you want to win now and if you can , do that , but not to the detriment of increased future success. It would take a strong owner and GM to do this but , wow is that ever tempting for me .

I hate it when I see posters say stuff like "our first round pick has to have an impact this year". I find it short sighted and unreasonable. I'm sure people in Green Bay aren't complaining about drafting Rodgers since he didn't have an impact that first year.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Jan 12, 2012, 02:15 PM

"rafael wrote:

I hate it when I see posters say stuff like "our first round pick has to have an impact this year". I find it short sighted and unreasonable. I'm sure people in Green Bay aren't complaining about drafting Rodgers since he didn't have an impact that first year.

That is something I totally agree with.

I think one of the beauties of Matt Moore looking servicable is that Miami has a little extra room to draft a quarterback that needs a year or two of work. If they draft a Tanninhill or Super Tall Quarterback from ASU and they turn out to be better than Moore their rookie year, awesome, if they need work the team can go on and still compete.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty