Tannehill: 11th in NFL with 93.4 Passer Rating
198 replies
"vt_dolfan wrote:
I have the still if you would like to see. Landry clearly has position on the DB..and his left arm is being held down.
The pass skimmed off Knighton's right shoulder pad, but I'm not sure the officials seen it at the time.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"finwin wrote:
Not a good play design. I watched the play about 10 times. Tanne riffeled it and Landry was 4 yards past the LOS. He was jammed by Ward inside the legal area. What's troubling is no one was open and Wallace was taking a breather because he just ran a long route.
Watch the video at the 3:45 mark. In hindsight we should have ran the ball, thrown to 18 or throw the ball away.
Ward wasn't even covering Landry. How could he jam him? Ward came off his man and got the tipped pass.
“... I hope I never ridicule what is wise or good. Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
"TooGoodForDez wrote:
Sherman was very good. Our offense is basically Sherman offense, less deep balls and plus zone read. Also, turns out, Sherman knew how to run 2 minute offense, something we lost by losing Sherman.
This offense is nothing remotely close to Sherman' offense.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"MrClean wrote:
The pass skimmed off Knighton's right shoulder pad, but I'm not sure the officials seen it at the time.
Yeh.. Thats what alot of people are saying. The ball was still placed exactly where it needed to be.. Regardless if it brushed the shoulder pad.. And had Landry arm not been held.. He would have gotten both hands up to catch the ball.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
I have been impressed with his stretches of completed passes in multiple games this season. In one game he had what, 14 in a row to start and a few other games close to 10 in a row. Great stuff and smart.
"finwin wrote:
How was the last Int not on 17? I think we should have ran on that play, but aside from that, how was it not RT's fault that he threw an Int?
Because he hit the receiver in his hands and the ball popped up in the air. Are you suggesting that he now catch his own passes? How is putting the ball in front of the guy in his hands, which then tips off his hands and into the air the quarterback's fault?
I mean damn.

Haters will hang on to anything...
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"Conuficus wrote:
Because he hit the receiver in his hands and the ball popped up in the air. Are you suggesting that he now catch his own passes? How is putting the ball in front of the guy in his hands, which then tips off his hands and into the air the quarterback's fault?
I mean damn.
Didn't Ryan try that once this season already?
"Eop05 wrote:
I think this is overstated. The top Superbowl contenders sans Seattle all have 20 million dollar per year QBs.
And didn't we enter the season like 15 million under the cap with a ton of carry-over. If/when Tannehill signs a 5 year 88 million dollar contract, we'll still be able to contend I think
If the owner does not fire Philbin, then we might. Hickey has gained my trust, and I believe another good offseason will improve the roster enough to make the Dolphins a playoff favorite nest season.
"VManis wrote:
Didn't Ryan try that once this season already?
Yes. It didn't work out well. It would have bee better is he had just slapped it into the ground.

"jcliving wrote:
If the owner does not fire Philbin, then we might. Hickey has gained my trust, and I believe another good offseason will improve the roster enough to make the Dolphins a playoff favorite nest season.
We'll need a very good off season. You can't depend on rookies. They hit walls, they take time adjust etc. Not every single one no, but you get the idea. You need to bring on some vets too, and sign the ones we have coming up for FA.

"Conuficus wrote:
Because he hit the receiver in his hands and the ball popped up in the air. Are you suggesting that he now catch his own passes? How is putting the ball in front of the guy in his hands, which then tips off his hands and into the air the quarterback's fault?
I mean damn.
I'm not into assigning blame. Saying a particular INT is one person's fault isn't a good practice IMO. Landry should have caught the ball. But I also think that Tannehill didn't make a great decision. Landry has a guy draped on him, and it was a contested pass.
“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”
"vt_dolfan wrote:
Yeh.. Thats what alot of people are saying. The ball was still placed exactly where it needed to be.. Regardless if it brushed the shoulder pad.. And had Landry arm not been held.. He would have gotten both hands up to catch the ball.
I don't think the ball should of been thrown at all but that's just me.

"Clark Kent wrote:
Cam Newton, RGIII, and Kaepernick have all regressed terribly. CK is horribly overrated... Alex Smith > CK. Cam Newton's regression is somewhat justifiable. His offensive line and WR corps are a mess. And he's never been surrounded by a lot of talent to begin with. The other two can't play QB consistently from the pocket and their offensive production has suffered directly because of it. You don't learn to read defenses running around all the time.
You cited 5 qbs to make your assumption that basically they all are regressing..
Not true..
Kaepernik and Wilson have already proved they were undervalued coming out, the have the big game numbers, championships, champ appearances, playoffs, and critical playmaking ability to prove it..they win games unconventionally at the highest level.
Cam newton is the same to me, never was a fan, don't think hes nearly the passer that Wilson and Kap are..you call it regressed I call it means to an end.
Rg3 has regressed..and he's an idiot.
There really isn't a lot of these style if qbs, I think in general they have showed that their styles can be successful in this league, and should always be looking for the next one that has the dual threat skill set.

"Stringer Bell wrote:
I'm not into assigning blame. Saying a particular INT is one person's fault isn't a good practice IMO. Landry should have caught the ball. But I also think that Tannehill didn't make a great decision. Landry has a guy draped on him, and it was a contested pass.
You could very easily say both. Blaming someone or something isn't the way to go. You say things in different ways to get your point across. I haven't seen the all 11 to argue hey, ney or whatever so. Now if the guy does something blatant to directly cause the loss of a game, then you can say 'x' lead to the loss. It have to be a pretty big boo boo - like fumbling on a kneel down and the defender getting a TD off it etc.

"djphinfan wrote:
I don't think the ball should of been thrown at all but that's just me.
Yes but in your world DJ...the QB should only throw the ball when there is a brick wall keeping him from running.
Your very much a throwback..lol. Days of leather helmets and squared off boots.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"vt_dolfan wrote:
Yes but in your world DJ...the QB should only throw the ball when there is a brick wall keeping him from running.
Your very much a throwback..lol. Days of leather helmets and squared off boots.
your not funny or accurate in your assumptions, but its what you have been doing lately, making grand assumptions and generalizations based on specifics..
please don't tell me about my world, my world has been more accurate than any other world you will find..
I really don't need you stating your exaggerated generalizations based on the fact that I commented on a throw our qb makes.
Your easy to read at this point, you have a problem of taking someones analysis and making it into what you think the person is saying overall, when in reality, the person is just trying to make specific points, be critical while being fair.
why don't you try reading between the lines a bit more and stop trying to protect everything that is dolphin or Ryan related that you interpret as a negative..its deeper than your comprehending.

if someone could post a gif that could clear up a lot, sorry i can't.

"djphinfan wrote:
your not funny or accurate in your assumptions, but its what you have been doing lately, making grand assumptions and generalizations based on specifics..
please don't tell me about my world, my world has been more accurate than any other world you will find..
I really don't need you stating your exaggerated generalizations based on the fact that I commented on a throw our qb makes.
Your easy to read at this point, you have a problem of taking someones analysis and making it into what you think the person is saying overall, when in reality, the person is just trying to make specific points, be critical while being fair.
why don't you try reading between the lines a bit more and stop trying to protect everything that is dolphin or Ryan related that you interpret as a negative..its deeper than your comprehending.
huh..
Your call bro. Wont hear another word from me. What I said was in jest but..all good. Take care.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
"vt_dolfan wrote:
huh..
Your call bro. Wont hear another word from me. What I said was in jest but..all good. Take care.
check your jests thats all.
your making jokes because why?, I thought years ago that the read option could work on this level and that i wanted a skill set like it on our team, { have I not been justified there} or is it because I continually stress the importance of ryan tannehill using his complete skill set in order for him to be the best qb he can be, and for our offense to be the most effective it can be?..what have I been wrong there?
cause those are the specifics I'm referring to, so if you think those specific points of view deserve your jokes and exaggerations then like brothers do, Im gonna tell ya how I feel..you don't see me running away..

"djphinfan wrote:
check your jests thats all.
your making jokes because why?, I thought years ago that the read option could work on this level and that i wanted a skill set like it on our team, { have I not been justified there} or is it because I continually stress the importance of ryan tannehill using his complete skill set in order for him to be the best qb he can be, and for our offense to be the most effective it can be?..what have I been wrong there?
cause those are the specifics I'm referring to, so if you think those specific points of view deserve your jokes and exaggerations then like brothers do, Im gonna tell ya how I feel..you don't see me running away..
DJ..I know how you feel about running QBs. I was ribbing you about it...like in another post CK said something about Landry Nd I told him his opinion didnt count..because he never liked him. I didnt literally mean his opinion didnt count. I didnt literally mean you never want a QB to throw the ball.
"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele
I remember the Tannehill vs Luck vs Wilson vs RG3 vs Kirk Cousins vs Foles Thread.
Some had Tannehill last, 2nd to last behind RG3, but lets reevaluate. Only 3 are starting for an NFL team. Foles is unfair because he is hurt but Cousins and RG3 have no excuse. So yeah Luck was and is still the number one pick if you have to redraft.
Luck: 99.4 RAT 3,641 Yards 29 TDs 10 ints 63.4 comp Easily the best of the group but we all knew that going into the draft
Tannehill: 93.4 RAT 2,582 Yards 20 TDs 8 ints 66.1 comp Not bad Tannehill considering his start. Cant wait to see what he does next year with a full year under this system under his belt.
Russell Wilson:93.0 RAT 2,230 Yards 14 TDs 5 ints 63.6 comp Decent year but is projected to have his worst season in his NFL career minus the ints. He does have a scary amount of fumbles, with 7.
RG3: Not fair to base off stats because he only played 4 full games. But in those games, he only has 2 TDs and 3 interceptions. He just can't stay healthy for a full NFL season. Biggest disappointment in the draft, and he was the Rookie of the Year. Thats why you should wait the 3 years to see what you really have.
Kirk Cousins: 86.4 RAT 1,710 yards 10 TDS 9 ints 61.8 comp* Only played 5 full games in the NFL this season. Not great but not Terrible. I think he will be a great backup in this league. Hard to judge him on his little play in the NFL.
Nick Foles: 81.4 RAT 2,163 yards 13 TDs 10 ints 59.8* Only played 7 full games. Player who regressed the most imo. Having 2 ints last year in 13 games to 10 this year in 8
"MrClean wrote:
Well, watching them both in college in 2011, Weeden definitely looked like the better player to me. I am more than happy to be wrong about them though.
But at least you were right when you picked that sig.
🎃
Tannehill has grown by leaps and bounds this year. I'm psyched, because it's tough being a fan of this team and always waiting for people to fulfill their potential. I think the team can do great things next year even if Tannehill improves only a little bit over this next offseason, but Tannehill's record shows that expecting him to grow a little bit more would not be crazy.
There's one more cheap year of him, and then the team needs to get to work on an extension, because the one year cap hit for the option year doesn't make a lot of sense, IMO. A lot of the recent QB extensions have looked good, but have been team-friendly, so an extension isn't such a scary thing. For example, Dalton and Kaep got deals that are decent for both sides.