1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take user bar across top, and dublicate on bottom of thread

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Questions' started by BigDogsHunt, Sep 4, 2009.

1. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Not sure if this is strickly based on how I set up TP to view threads...or if it would/could benefit others (hope so).

Ok, I browse by NEW POSTS most often, although on occasion stay within a specific forum....either way, once inside a given thread and reading and responding through posts, I often want to click on NEW POSTS again to refresh to main list of topics.

However, if I am at the last post in a thread, and viewing 40 post per page, I have to manually scroll back up to the top to click on NEW POSTS.

Wondering, if we can either add "NEW POSTs button" to bottom of page (similar to the list of options across on the top of TP list of options ex. Home, User CP, all the way to Logout), or add as link inside the FORUM JUMP list???

This would prevent the need to scroll all the way to top just to click on NEW POSTs.

----- Now its quite possible you have this feature, and I am just a dweeb that cant find it at the bottom.....if so, please point the dweeb to the proper location ----:pointlol:

Fin Fan In Cali and like2god like this.
  2. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    You are indeed a dweeb, but alas, not for this reason. ;)

Pretty good suggestion, but we'll have to wait to see what an admin says and whether or not it's possible to add it to the drop menu.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I can't give the OK but I think it should be theoretically possible to add the drop down menu.. it's just a certain code you put in.

Also maybe shorten your post views per page?

4. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    But the site rules say to set it up based on one's ummmm "Girth" shall we say....you can get away with 5 posts per page, but I have to set it to the max of 40 per page...its in the rules.

Now if this was Germany than I would set it at 5 and you would set it at 40, but its America....its regulations???

:lol::yes:

5. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=einZgVrnfG0&feature=related"]YouTube - Stripes Introductions[/ame]

6. anlgp

Hm I didn't realize the site had rules based upon how many posts you should have per page :confused2:

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  7. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    yeah, they didnt want to have the minimum be only 1 per page (too embarrasing for most)...so most of the folks get put into the 5 per page (even the females...and Lucky......its a catch-all this way).

Sad really!

8. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I actually asked for the same addition for the mobile version, but alas, haven't heard a response :pity:

You should try rolling back through a lengthy page on a blackberry :no:

And I don't think there is any way for me to set the number of posts per page through this interface

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  9. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    We are going to hold off making any major changes to the template until version 4.0 is released because 4.0 is completely template and CSS driven and those kind of changes will be easier to implement.

10. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

:yes:
    In Malgeorgecom we trust :hi5:

Celtkin and like2god like this.
  11. BigDogsHunt

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    So, good suggestion and following 4.0 the dweeb will be told where to find this function at the bottom of the page????

sweet!:pointlol::up:

12. Celtkin

Celtkin <B>Webmaster</b> Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    46.73° N, 117.00° W
    That will depend on if we are actually able to do it :) We haven't seen the version yet and I'm just going off of the hype that vB is giving out.

BigDogsHunt likes this.
  13. anlgp

CSS driven pages rock they are so much faster

*gets excited*