1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T.O anyone

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by 2socks, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    With T.O possibly on the outside looking in in Cinci. Would we consider bringing him in to compliment Brandon Marshall. His contract is up so no draft comp would be necessary.........if yes what is he worth? The thought process here is he potentially could make a big difference for our "O".

The first thought that went through my head was HELL No, this guy is a Diva!! Then I watched an interview and T.O is actually a likeable guy. Not sure if the on camera has anything to do with 3 years of the T.O show, but I found it entertaining. Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d81e61487/T-O-talks-Carson-Bengals

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

I don't know man... I mean, I do like him a lot, but he's essentially an older Brandon Marshall.

Everything from his style of play to his attitude.

Could we win more games with him? Maybe... but a locker room with him, Marshall, maybe Shockey? It'd be like junior high.

3. Shamboubou

Shamboubou Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not sure that we have the QB to handle T.O. You have to have a strong vet to put that guy on your team and not let him destroy it.

4. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    I think CK astutely pointed out in a "Carson Palmer to Miami" thread that Carson was actually a bit of a victim of forcing balls into both TO and OchoJohnson's. From what I remember a majority of his picks where throwing their way, and he seemed to really benefit when they were not in the lineup.

IMO if an experienced vet like Carson, who was at one point in the upper echelon of QB's, had a hard time dealing with him, I doubt Henne, a young kid, or a throw away vet (hopefully Carson!) would benefit in dealing with TO.

If we were a WR away from the Superbowl, I am selling my soul. Unfortunately we aren't there.

5. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I would love it. T.O still has 2 or 3 years in him. He produced the most in Cinci, even with Ochocinco there. He's a solid #2. If he was cheap enough I would say give him a shot. Whats the worst that could happen, another 7-9 season. Man the sound of Shocky, Fasano, T.O, Marshall and Bess all lined up together with Henne behind center gives me the giggles

6. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I don't know what else to say except Henne needs to step up, MAN UP, if you will or get out of the way. I hate it but this is his last chance. This is the big boy league.

7. 2socks

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    I guess I was surprised at the interview. The cockyness that used to be there was not there during this interview. T.O seemed relaxed, confident and comfortable. He really came off as a likable guy. At the end of the interview I was like.....Wow this guy is something. It was obvious he is still in the best shape of his life. The questions he was asked about Palmer etc he was smooth and nonchalant with his responses.....very careful not to say the wrong thing.................has he learned......it seems so.

8. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Would be a bad move even if you set aside everything except Owens on the field performance. The Bengals fed him like 140 targets and he barely came down with half. That's an absolutely atrocious sinkhole, for someone who does what Brandon Marshall does but much worse.

9. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Rather have B.O.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    or B.I.N.G.O... what?

11. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    Let me make my position on Terrel Owens QUITE clear...
    No
    Nin
    Nix
    Nil
    Nay

For his on field talents, Owens is not a leader. The mettle of a leader is tested when teams don't win and Owens has shown time and time again, when adversity hits the team, he's a divider and not a uniter.

If we had a QB the caliber and leadership strength of a Marino, Elway, Kelly, Manning or Brady, then I MIGHT say maybe, but since we don't...

texanphinatic likes this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    I can't believe at this point that anyone still would stump for TO or Moss. Really?

13. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Hell no. Why in world is everyone so enamored with bringing in WR's that are done. Especially T.O.
    We already have an over rated head case WR in Marshall. Why go after one who is washed up?

bamadolphin likes this.
  14. bamadolphin

bamadolphin New Member

Jan 5, 2011
    owens is done

15. godolphins

godolphins New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    A simple no

16. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    No, no... and uh.... NO

17. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member Luxury Box

I'd take the Wr's we have over TO at this point in his career. He is skilled but more of a mirror to Marshall.

18. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I was an unfortunate recipient/victim of having watched several Bengal games for some strange reason. Not local but...not the point either. What I noticed was Carson feeling the need to force it into TO and ignoring 85. I dont know who made this happen, TO, coaches, mindset whatever but 85 didnt seem to complain and the picks were often the balls forced to TO. I hope, especially if he becomes a fin, that the forced balls were an external problem. In either case though I would not in favor of bringing in another big receiver who isnt really a deep threat. I know he can get deep but does not have the blinding speed we need. Definitely pass on TO!

19. DFlo

DFlo New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Trust me, you don't want TO on your team

20. NaboCane

NaboCane Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    And displace whom? Roberto Wallace, who has the potential to be awesome? Davone Bess, who has simply done everything asked of him the whole time we've had him, and done it exceptionally well? Brian Hartline, who possesses both the size and speed, combined with exceptional athleticism, to become a top #2 WR?

And for what...a guy who can't fit in ANYWHERE he's ever played—and that's a lot of places? A guy who is, what? 54 years old?

TO would make sense—maybe—if we were one piece away from a Super Bowl appearance, and had little-to-no superlative talent at WR.

We're NOT that team.

21. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    the Receiving Corp is set
    needs: interior Offensive Linesmen, RB, QB & TE
    we are re-building an offense, not tweaking one
    & this may very well take two years to complete
    we're looking to compete not a SuperBowl run in 2011

22. Southbeach

Southbeach Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    2socks, Some may think me crazy but, I would consider TO. He has matured, and I believe he would help Marshall. TO is "Mr. DIVA" and Marshall should listen to him if he tells him to STFU. JMO

A vet WR, in his current state, should also help Hartline and the other young WR's. I would take the chance.

23. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    I've always liked T.O. and felt he gets a bit of an unfair rap. I wanted to bring him in last year before we signed Marshall. But I don't think he has the skillset we need at this point. We need a speedster. As someone already hinted at T.O. and Marshall are too much the same player.