1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syracuse RB Delone Carter

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by KB21, Dec 30, 2010.

1. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    If Jeff and Tony are kept, keep an eye on this guy come draft time. Delone has a checkered past, but he appears to have turned the corner off the field. He's got the kind of size these guys like at RB, plus he's a tough, hardnosed in between the tackles runner that will be very good around the goal line. I've seen him rated in the third round area by a couple of scouting services. Today was the first time I watched him, but the guy has good balance and knows how to chop his steps to stay on his feet. Delone is listed at about the same size Marion Barber measured at when he came out.

[​IMG]

2. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Was impressed with Bilal Powell of Louisville as well. Great pad level and consistent tackle breaker.

3. KB21

KB21 Almost Never Wrong Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Hmm. I was on call that night, got slammed, and didn't get to watch that game.

4. Boomer

Boomer Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 30, 2007
    Lot of interesting prospects on both sides of the ball. Best talent was Deandre Brown of course, but he's really got to sort himself out mentally. Powell is a natural pass catcher, good blocker who really makes himself small and narrow between the tackles. Sees a hole and explodes into it, gets that ball tucked tightly away. He stumbles an awful lot and he doesn't have great patience which would be a concern, but he's a determined, downhill runner.

They have a TE called Josh Chichester who's 6'8 and really explodes out of his cuts, junior. Looks a real prospect. Brandon Heath at LB was the star of the show - looks a really good Tampa 2 LB. Johnny Patrick looks a good 3rd/4th round CB prospect. Will be interesting to see how he fares in Mobile.

Mikel Leshoure looked good again, albeit against a terrible Baylor defence.