1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supplemental Draft?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Lee2000, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Lee2000

Lee2000 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Anyone hear anything on a supplemental draft this year?

2. byroan

byroan Giggity Staff Member Administrator Luxury Box

Nov 25, 2007
    NC
    July 12th is the draft. Josh Gordon is someone to keep an eye on. 6'4 225 WR. Hasn't played since 2010 because he was suspended.

[video=youtube;h6R_VKhnpNA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6R_VKhnpNA[/video]

[video=youtube;KxWbMH3OWQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxWbMH3OWQU[/video]

dolfan7171 likes this.
  3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    That's the guy I keep hearing about that is interesting, Flash Gordon. I haven't actually taken a look at him. The tailback Wesley doesn't interest me, nor anyone else that I know of on the list...but Flash Gordon would interest me if he's as good as some folks I trust say.

4. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    I was just looking at Josh Gordon. Miami is mentioned as a logical choice for him. With the extra 3rd it makes sense. He is big and fast, but didn't play in 2011 due to transfer rules. Another player is a de/lb from Texas St or Texas Southern.. I forgot his name, but he is the brother of the de from Tennessee that got drafted this year. It is interesting you mentioned Gordon. I literally was just looking at his bio.

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Is he worth a 3rd round pick or did you mean losing a later round pick?

6. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    Post removed, new thread...

7. ckparrothead

Dec 1, 2007
    We have made a lot (perhaps too much) out of Adam Engroff's prowess within the Dolphins' scouting network. Josh Gordon would fall squarely within his purview because of his transfer to Utah and having been practicing at Utah for a year. Daniel Jeremiah who worked for the Eagles a year ago has seen Gordon practice for the Utes and spoke highly of him, as did the Utah coaches. If Engroff covers the west as thoroughly as he's reputed then I'm sure he knows about Gordon and has also seen him at practice. Whatever things he recalls, whatever notes he has, might be critical in plotting a proper development arc for Gordon because Josh really ran very limited stuff at Baylor in the role they had him. Baylor used Terrance Williams and Kendall Wright in more versatile ways, while Gordon was stuck on the perimeter running three basic routes, plus screen plays. If Engroff has seen him at Utah practice running more advanced routes and doing well with it, and if he has enough contacts there to get his arms around why Gordon is leaving the Utes...that would be key in all of this.

Right now I'm using Tommy Streeter as a point of reference because Streeter was yet another size/speed combination story that didn't show up on the field but really for one year, had off field/character concerns, etc. I think Gordon gets off the blocks better than Streeter, flashes his timed speed more consistently on the football field, runs with better control, and is physically stronger...however, if some people disagree with that, I'm not going to name them idiots for doing so. It's just what I personally see, and I'm not saying the differences are obvious. Streeter went in the 6th round this year, and typically teams take whatever their grade is on a Supplemental Draft guy and bump it down a round (according to Daniel Jeremiah). That would put him in the 7th round, but I think some teams might recognize that he's a little bit better of a prospect than Streeter, although I don't have any insight into his off field stuff. So, I would say best guess is maybe 5th or 6th round.

8. Tin Indian

Tin Indian Rockin' The Bottom End Club Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Palm Bay Florida
    Didn't he have 70+ catches his last season? That combined with 4.3/4.4 speed interests me.

9. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    His name is Flash. What more needs to be said?

10. Lee2000

Mar 23, 2008
    Pearl, Mississippi
    Here is a list of all the players in the draft:

The NFL informed clubs on Monday that the 2012 NFL Supplemental Draft will take place at 1:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, July 12.

There will be, according to Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com, eight players eligible for the supplemental draft.

Those players are Boise St. cornerback Quaylon Ewing, former Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon, Syracuse fullback Adam Harris, Alabama A&M linebacker Larry Lumpkin, Iowa State lineman Adrian Haughton, Georgia defensive end Montez Robinson, Louisiana Tech wide receiver Houston Tuminello and TCU running back Ed Wesley. Rosenthal noted that "no other applications will be accepted."