SuperBowl Bound?

23 replies

MRmrpennyeyesNew MemberOP
Sep 21, 2016, 11:25 AM

I can definitely see us making the Superbowl this year and if not a deep playoff run at the very least... What do you guys think?

DorfdadDorfdadForum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 11:26 AM

I think your either a Troll coming in here and trying to be funny, or your delusional. Most of us fans here have somewhat realistic expectations of the team and it isn't superbowl bound.

PandarillaPandarillaForum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 11:35 AM

We could catch fire, no doubt...but so could a dumpster.

StitchesStitchesLuxury Box
Sep 21, 2016, 11:54 AM

I could much easier see us as like 4-12 than the 10-6 (at a minimum) it'll probably take to get in the playoffs (let alone the Super Bowl).

I'm still guessing 7-9 though, just like I thought before the preseason.

2017 Dream Draft (3/17 – NFLDraftScout ~ Rankings used)

22. Zach Cunningham, LB, Vandy
54. Desmond King, S/DB, Iowa
97. Demarcus Walker, DE, FSU
166. Jermaine Eluemunor, OL, TAMU
178. George Kittle, TE, Iowa
184. Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma
223. Aviante Collins, OL, TCU

MAMarinoManiaxNew Member
Sep 21, 2016, 12:34 PM

"Aqua4Ever04 wrote:

I'm going to wait to see us play fringe playoff teams before making those judgements.

We're not good enough to beat elite teams like Seattle or New England (as depleted as they were) on the road.

We better destroy Cleveland and then the Cincinnati game is tricky. We really need that W.

Games against Tennessee, Buffalo and the Jets will be more telling. If we are 4-4 by the half way point, we've got a shot.

Seattle isn't looking elite this year.

CBcbradForum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 02:27 PM

"MarinoManiax wrote:

Seattle isn't looking elite this year.

I'd hold off on saying Seattle isn't elite.

Last two seasons they started out slow. In 2014 they were 3-3 before ending 12-4, and in 2015 they were 2-4 before ending 10-6.

Dol-Fan DupreeDol-Fan DupreeForum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 02:28 PM

"MarinoManiax wrote:

Seattle isn't looking elite this year.

Seattle hasn't looked elite against the Rams for sometime. That team has their number.

Holland is a huge upgrade over McCain

I want to be alive, I am alive! Alive, I tell you! Mother, I love you, those are no longer just words. I want to hold you, I want to run in a stream, I want to taste ice cream but not just put it in my mouth and let it slide down my throat but really eat it. - Robot Morty

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 21, 2016, 02:32 PM

"mrpennyeyes wrote:

I can definitely see us making the Superbowl this year and if not a deep playoff run at the very least... What do you guys think?

Undefeated Champeenship!

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

FinsterFinsterNew Member
Sep 21, 2016, 02:43 PM

Wow, can we win a game first...

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 21, 2016, 03:39 PM

"Finster wrote:

Wow, can we win a game first...

Tell me you know hes just trolling right?

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

Shane FalcoShane FalcoNew Member
Sep 21, 2016, 04:32 PM

So he created this account 3 years ago and waited till today to post that gem? :dunno:

vt_dolfanvt_dolfanSupporter
Sep 21, 2016, 04:55 PM

"Shane Falco wrote:

So he created this account 3 years ago and waited till today to post that gem? :dunno:

lol..7 posts since 2013. Oi.

Its probably someone's Alt...and they just remembered the password

"The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning"
Pele

ripper1961ripper1961Forum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 05:53 PM

Not worrying about a Super Bowl right now just hoping we can get by "Clipboard Jesus"!

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 06:28 PM

"mrpennyeyes wrote:

I can definitely see us making the Superbowl this year and if not a deep playoff run at the very least... What do you guys think?

What I think is that I would love for you to send me some of whatever it is you are smoking. Because it obviously allows you to see the world through rose colored glasses.

Personally I see the Dolphins going 6-10 this year and I just don't see that record getting them into the playoffs, much less the SB.

dirtylandrydirtylandryNew Member
Sep 21, 2016, 07:06 PM

We dont have a defense that can catch fire or help us be close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of mine and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the website

JShadyJShadyNew Member
Sep 21, 2016, 08:20 PM

I'll give us three years to be wildcard bound then 53 years to be Superb owl bound. I'm 23 now so I'll most likely will never witness the Dolphins winning a Superb owl

smahtazsmahtazForum Veteran
Sep 21, 2016, 08:23 PM

"jw3102 wrote:

What I think is that I would love for you to send me some of whatever it is you are smoking. Because it obviously allows you to see the world through rose colored glasses.

Personally I see the Dolphins going 6-10 this year and I just don't see that record getting them into the playoffs, much less the SB.

Says the guy living in Maui. lol



It's what you learn after you know it all that counts. ~ John Wooden

MonstBlitzMonstBlitzForum Veteran
Sep 22, 2016, 08:48 AM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Seattle hasn't looked elite against the Rams for sometime. That team has their number.

Good point. Just like the Dolphins for the past few seasons have done a good job against New England when playing in Miami.

MikeHonchoMikeHonchoSupporter
Sep 22, 2016, 02:47 PM

Headcoach material wouldn’t want to work somewhere they’re not trusted with actual football decisions.

DODolphinGregSupporter
Sep 22, 2016, 02:53 PM

Hahaha...zoidberg is a gem

JWjw3102Forum Veteran
Sep 22, 2016, 09:24 PM

"smahtaz wrote:

Says the guy living in Maui. lol

That may be, but I lived in South Florida for over 50 years before moving here. I also attended over 350 Dolphin games at home and on the road over the years I lived in South Florida.

So the last couple of decades watching the Dolphins has pretty well tainted my rose colored glasses. Even though I will admit that now living in Maui has certainly alleviated much of the aggravation the team gave me my last several years in South Florida.

ConuficusConuficusLuxury Box
Sep 22, 2016, 09:27 PM

"Dol-Fan Dupree wrote:

Seattle hasn't looked elite against the Rams for sometime. That team has their number.

Divisional game. Some games are just dog fights.

ForgotMahArrowsForgotMahArrowsNew Member
Sep 23, 2016, 06:48 AM

Just win a damn super bowl before its 'my time', and also before Miami (and the rest of Florida for that matter) becomes part of the Atlantic thanks to rising sea levels... then all is good.

dolphin25dolphin25Forum Veteran
Sep 23, 2016, 01:53 PM

We normally play the Bengals well. I'll be there !

Lord help us.