1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday playff thread..

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by djphinfan, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jpep13

jpep13 Coach Of The Year Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    wow

2. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    LOL, the CBS crew Tebowing.

Frumundah Finnatic likes this.
  3. PhinsRDbest

PhinsRDbest Transform and Transcend

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    So Brady vs Tebow, in a rematch of who god loves most?

ToddsPhins likes this.
  4. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey, he might not be Brady, but he has to have some redeemable qualities as a passer to be a starting NFL QB since we know it's not due to a quick release or pinpoint accuracy, no?

5. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009

LOL. I think that SNL skit made it quite clear. Brady. Although Belichick is getting it from both sides.

6. Paul 13

Paul 13 Chaotic Neutral & Unstable Genius Staff Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Patriots are going to kill the Broncos... sadly...

7. muscle979

muscle979 Season Ticket Holder

Dec 12, 2007
    Evans, GA
    They won't be able to keep pace with that Pats offense. I'd love to see the Pats get Tebowed though. I just don't think it will happen. The Ravens are our best hope for keeping the Pats out of the Super Bowl now.

8. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    So are they gonna seriously start asking for religous point of views at the combine now?

9. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    The NE psyche is ripe to get Tebowed. They've been kicked out of the playoffs too often lately not to be nervous about playing Tebow.

10. schisno

schisno Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    AFC East Represent, we'll show those pesky west coasters

11. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    ok, time for me to catch up on Dexter & Homeland.

12. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    not sure if serious

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Dude has the heart of a lion.

14. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    Crow. I am eating it.

15. gilv13

gilv13 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

16. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    When you have innate anticipation skills, there's hope...He displayed the word on the game winning throw...Tebow debate over for now..Him not winning in this league, over, this kind of offense not being able to win in this league, Over...People who defended Tebow's successes against the majority, thought he was worthy of a first round pick, and the evolution of this style of offense, good job.Winning a playoff game against the Steelers will get you that credit..

Give that dude a serious tight end like Finley, draft a kendall wright, and that team will compete next year two.

17. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Keep crowding the kine of scrimmage and I could design an offense to win football games..True wildcat QB..

18. PhinsRDbest

Jan 5, 2010
    the next dimension
    Nah he just needs some more Christ commandos

19. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Thomas was a stud, the throw was easy, but the way he used his hands in fighting gave him a burst of speed that led him to score..

20. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    he's got a lot more now..He's a humble kid so I'am rootin for him..and I would take him on my team anytime.

Dilfer just comments on How Mcdaniels will face the two heroes he drafted, Tebow and Thomas..

BTW, Tebow does have some weapons, I loved Thomas coming out, thought he was legit top 15 pick, really liked Erik Deckers game {better Hartline}, and I've said several times my thought on eddie royal..good football player..They just need a tight end, a Running back, and 1 more receiver, thats what I would be focused on if I were Elway.

21. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009

On the other hand, I'm sure he'll have plenty of film to study :shifty:

22. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    lol. I was just thinking Tebow & that offensive scheme could use another vertical threat like Wright and a stud #1 TE like Fleener or Allen.
    Maybe Julius Thomas & Virgil Green will develop into that 1-2 TE punch he needs.

I'm not sure if I'd give Tebow another deep threat, TE, or interior lineman with the first 2 picks, or if I'd keep building that nice looking D. I might look to go defense and pick up a DT & CB.

23. ToddsPhins

ToddsPhins Banned

Mar 15, 2009
    IMO the trio of Thomas, Decker, and Royal are a nice compliment to each other. Thomas is your playmaking vertical threat; Decker is your big, reliable, possession guy, and Royal is a stud in the slot when healthy.

djphinfan likes this.
  24. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    That TE Fells is a nice big target as well...

25. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Defender of the Truth

Nov 24, 2007
    Rockledge, FL
    That's what I thought was going to happen today when Denver played Pittsburgh. I thought the defense was going to swarm Tebow much like the Giants' defense swarmed Matt Ryan.

I was wrong about that.

Everyone keeps saying that Denver/Tebow "can't" week after week and not only did they win, they got into the playoffs and defeated the league's number one ranked defense.

Stranger things can happen. :wink2:

26. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, maybe matters only to me, but I happen to follow a atheist cat on Twitter, and he simply goes bananas when Tebow does well, says stuff like "I'd go to jail if I had a chance to F Tebow up" and it sort of goes down hill from there.

This is one of the reasons why I enjoy watching Tebow doing what he supposedly cannot "do" on the football field, the cadre of, imo, deranged atheists simply become unhinged and I'm amazed at some of the stuff they say

A few of the greatest hits:

"I'm Tim Tebow, and Valtrex helps me inbetween flair ups"

"Steelers please, for the sake of my ears for the next week, step the **** up"

"nope, hate him, would break his legs if I could"

Etc, which from my pov, is really quite funny,

Tebow cannot be stopped, Tebow cannot be reasoned with, Tebow will not stop until every single NFL fan.."Tebows'

:lol:

djphinfan likes this.
  27. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    I am agnostic and have gotten very tired of the religious aspect behind Tebow. I thought he was crap coming out, and continued throughout the year holding onto my belief. Its the polarizing nature that blinds every single person involved. Football wise, the kid is a top notch competitor, second to maybe none ON THE FIELD. He however is a horrendous QB, but that being said, put aside his religion and the hype surrounding it,the kid has a fire that is amazing and whatever builds that inside of him is something to be appreciated. But as a culture we really need to separate religion from physical achievements. He is a great kid, period, and I am happy for him. Wont last though. Atheist, Religious, Agnostic, just appreciate the athlete.

28. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Eh, I can see that, I also think what players do outside of their religion or lack their of on the field is sufficiently over the top that Tebow to me is not all that remarkable.

He witnesses, a Wr stuff a cell phone under the padding of the goal posts, same same to me.

[​IMG]

29. MikeHoncho

Nov 13, 2009
    D-Rose of the NFL

30. ether79

ether79 ****

Dec 21, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Eh, ok, agreed somewhat. Except the feverent fanbase on either side to the caustic nature of the thing that he celebrates in a game.

oh and i am stealing that pic for facebook.

31. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm still in shock that the Broncos won.

32. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    you like that tight end huh Rillla??

33. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    [​IMG]

Balls!

34. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    I love watching and hearing the analysts try to protect their projection of failure, amidst the intangibles working in front of their eyes, along with the different ways his athleticism allows him to pick up first downs, and the ability to keep his eyes downfield while extending the play, and how important that is, are all reasons they don't seem to properly quantify as it relates to winning.

35. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
    i was just happy to see Pittsburgh lose. I'm completely over that team.

I'm not sure what the issue is with Tim and his religion. I can see how is outward displays could annoy people, but there are also players that merely worship themselves and demonstrate it on the field. I find faith less caustic than vanity.

My only issue with Tebow is the media attention and giving credit when it wasn't deserved. But he made the throws tonight. I don't see how they can beat NE, esp. on the road. Bill B. is game planning as we speak. The Broncos will have to play mistake free. I doubt they can

The game was interesting because despite the injuries working against the Steelers, they had few things go their way. there was the obvious facemask on Tebow, they got advantage on a problem with the NFL rulebook (i thought they were going to fix the premature whistle thing. The whole point of replay is to correct errors by officials on things like turnovers and incomplete passes.) the Champ Bailey dropped INT. very entertaining game

36. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    [​IMG]

Paul 13 likes this.
  37. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I was getting pissed during that game thinking that Pitt might win on another quick whistle. It just hit too close to home after last year. And then there were those missed facemask calls. The last one was incredibly obvious. In a league that goes out of it's way to protect the QB and calls even the slightest head contact I find it incredulous that the ref didn't see Tebow's head get yanked to the side.

As for the Denver win, the "experts" are dumbfounded b/c they don't understand what a QB does. In simple terms there are two parts to any QB's game. One is what he does when everything goes right and the other is what he does when things break down. You have to be able to do both. Tebow has always struggled with that first category in part b/c of the system and in part b/c he has young receivers and in part b/c he has inconsistent footwork. IMO as long as the QB has enough arm talent (very general catch-all term), you can teach him to play well when everything else goes right. If you can guarantee that everything else would always go right, Miami could win the SB with Moore or even Devlin. However, things don't go right all the time. Tebow has more than enough arm talent. If the system fits him he will develop on that side. But Tebow has always when everything else doesn't go right.

muscle979 and DeDolfan like this.
  38. DeDolfan

DeDolfan Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Rehoboth Beach
    We say sit here all day long and say this and that about for and against tebow. But, for whatever reason, he is winning and you can't argue with success. But, he does have 3 more games to play before total success but it's a trivial point. Had we have drafted Tebow, we undoubtedly would be better at th QB postion and even so, his style of play would just drive me nuts. I have no clue how he does it but often times, the simple things can not get done and others when he has no business doing it, it goes off like clockwork it seems. Maybe it's because no one has him figured out yet. But he does make for some interesting conversation tho!! :)

39. rafael

rafael Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I don't agree with "the no one has figured him out" thing. I feel that my read on Tebow from before the draft was pretty accurate. I think that people can't get over that he looks different when he throws and it prevents them from objectively looking at the rest of his game. To a lesser extent you saw that when Marino came out. That release of Marino's, which is now the standard, was divisive among the "experts" back then. With Tebow, there was so much wasted talk about his throwing mechanics that was just irrelevant. The loop only mattered if it made his release too slow. Some video guy put together a comparison of Tebow's release and all of the starting NFL QBs from the previous season. Tebow's release was average among that group. All the people who kept repeating that he was as slow as Leftwich were empirically wrong. Not as a matter of opinion, but empirically. The next was about his accuracy. Some kept saying he couldn't throw into tight windows. I know for a fact that he could b/c I saw him do it at UF. I think it was just one of those cases where people saw so much tape of him throwing to wide open receivers that they forgot about the times he threw into tight windows. Now Tebow does have inconsistent accuracy and he struggles in throwing on time, but that is generally something that can be fixed as long as the QB puts in the work. Nobody has ever doubted that he could put in the work. My main concern with Tebow's timing game was that too often he didn't pull the trigger. I was impressed when Elway said that b/c it was actually an astute assessment from an executive. That's incredibly rare. I know that Tebow was clearly inclined to not throw the ball in situations when there was an interception risk, but I worried that he just didn't see it. In the NFL you sometimes just have to trust the receiver and throw it even when he's not open.

The other part that people got wrong is that throwing on time is only part of it. The elite QBs are elite b/c they perform when everything doesn't go right. I know coaches tend to be control freaks and have trouble understanding that you're never going to have perfect execution, but it's a fact of life. Tebow is a big, strong guy who can run. Since HS and probably before he learned that if he runs around long enough the defense will screw up and he can throw it to a wide open guy. Or he can just run for a first down. Now Tebow isn't elite, but he's doing some of what the elite QBs do in creating when things break down. That ability is much more rare than the guy who can be taught to throw on time. Coaches look for the guy that can throw on time, but they should be looking for the guy that can create and has enough arm talent and motivation to learn the timing part.

Maybe it's as simple as your sig. NFL people are just using old thinking.

DeDolfan likes this.
  40. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    Well of course Tebow cant play Defense, duh.