1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suh Vouches for Timmons- Still no Contact

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by KeyFin, Sep 21, 2017.

1. KeyFin

KeyFin Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I figured I'd start a new "Update thread" since the other one got a little derailed. Suh went on record saying that Timmons is a real pro and the team would welcome him back with open arms if Gase decided to go that route. He also said that he has called Timmons but his phone has been turned off, so none of the players really know what the situation was. From what little he has heard about the situation though, he believes that Timmons "is in good hands."

I take that to mean that he's getting treatment for a mental issue/mental breakdown.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ndamukong-suh-sticks-up-for-lawrence-timmons/

2. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    it is really a weird situation. But this isn't a low drafted rookie. He is a FA with $11MG and was expected to make a huge diff. If we didn't sign him, what else would we have done in free agency and the draft. Maybe we would not have drafted Harris?

Gase has left the door open, it's just a matter of when. We have the Jets this week, and that allowed Gase to push the case and not play him.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    We will be a better team when he is back and im all for him coming back.

But until then i fully support Gase's decision. he's got a philosophy and culture in mind and if he feels he needs to get the message out that we are here to show up on time, practice hard, play harder, and win, then the rest of the league knows he means business and they will also know this guy is just trying to win.

4. dirtylandry

dirtylandry Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2015
    I'm ok for the Jets, but we need him back right after lol

5. danmarino

danmarino Tua is H1M! Club Member

Sep 4, 2014
    All of you need to join the club. ;)

6. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Sounds dumb but where's the button?

7. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    Click your name in the top right hand corner. You should see this:

upload_2017-9-21_14-45-2.png

8. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Club me.

9. SocaCasualuk

SocaCasualuk Active Member

Sep 21, 2014
    U.K.
    Any other means of paying bar PayPal??

10. Finatik

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    Do I get a shirt?

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Suh needs to follow Gase's lead on this.

Gase is not speaking about this openly. I don't want to see Suh doing it either. And don't break ranks at all by saying you're open to Timmons' return while your HC is NOT saying that.

Reminds me of how much input they'd been giving Suh in his first couple offseasons here re: defensive shceme, personnel opinions and whatnot. Suh is a HoF talent but sometimes it seems like he thinks he should have a lot of say in decision-making off the field. It's important, right now, that he not undermine the head coach, even indirectly.

The biggest risk here is not losing Timmons. It's a faction in the lockeroom starting to feel Gase is 'wrong'.

That must be avoided at all costs.

CashInFist, Puka-head and KeyFin like this.
  12. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Make sure they use your affiliate link so you get your commission.

danmarino likes this.
  13. danmarino

Sep 4, 2014
    We will split it!

Bpk likes this.
  14. Colmax

Colmax Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2007
    I read the article and really have no issue with what Suh said. I think he's using the media to get to Timmons. It wasn't damaging or against Gase at all.

The players know Timmons can help, hence, welcoming him back "with open arms".

At this level, what Timmons did was pretty immature. But hey, people make mistakes. Gase doesn't, and really shouldn't, spend a lot of time on this. The decision has been made to hold him accountable, as he should be held accountable.

What will be interesting is how Timmons reacts to this. I think Gase is reasonable and will allow him back. This feels like it's all on Timmons. Gase is doing a great job by not speaking about it. It'll be done soon, either way.

Pauly likes this.