1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straz's troubles during the Dolphins/Jets Game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Straz, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Straz

Straz Me and my girl :)

Mar 23, 2008
    So, I wake up on Sunday at about 8:30, and I realize that my parents decided now to wake me up for church, which is very odd becuase we go almost every Sunday. I then go to turn on my T.V. in my room, and it won't turn on. I look around my room and I notice that my IHome is also not on, so I have just realized that my power is out. So I decide to think positively and tell myself that, "Oh it'll be on in a few hours, no big deal." My mom and I call DTE (our energy provider) and the estimate they give us is that our power will be back on by 11. So I was like, "Oh that's just perfect, I won't miss any football today :hi5:." Well, it comes to be 11 o'clock and no power is on, so I talk my mom into calling again. This time DTE cannot provide an estimate. So this is the point where I started to get a little worried. Now, I live in Michigan, on 40 acres of land, so I decided that I would go outside and play a little basketball, maybe throw around the football a little bit while I waited to get some power back. I come back inside and it's about 1:30, and still no power, so I am getting really impatient so my mom gets a clock radio that has a battery backup and I listen to the Detroit Lions game till about 3:15. So now I call my girl friend (in the avatar :shifty:) and we were talking all day up to this point as well via texting, but I call her and I ask if I can come over to watch the Dolphins game, and she tells me, "Oh no I don't think so becuase I'm going to a spa with my mom for her birthday so I don;t think you can unless you want to watch it with my dad." And i passed on that offer, so I then called my best friend and ask him if he was doing anything and thankfully he just got done eating at Red Robin (which is by my house) and he swung by and picked me up so I could watch the Dolphins game. And thankfully I got to see the whole Dolphins game at his house, and I ended spending the night at his house becuase my power didn't come on until about 6 that evening :pity:

But it was all worth it to see the Dolphins crowned AFC East Champs! :knucks:

Silverphin, Kanye West, cnc66 and 4 others like this.
  2. first&goal

first&goal Luxury Box Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Charlotte
    Good for you Straz, glad to hear that finally you were able to watch the Dolphins! :up:

3. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2007
    The Adventures of Straz The Michigan Man!

Silverphin, cnc66 and Straz like this.
  4. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    :lol:

See usually I'd go to my girl friends house becuase she had dircettv, and since she signed up for it when they were offerin the NFL Sunday Ticket package, she had it for three months, but now it expired. :pity:

5. opfinistic

opfinistic Braaaaains!

Dec 7, 2007
    Peeking in Nabo's Basement
    You missed a good chance at male bonding (and an uncomfortable array of questions) bro.

6. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Im sure dads are just as afraid of us as we are of them.

Glad you got to see the game dude. My prefernece would've been the person with the biggest TV and the most beer.

Kanye West likes this.
  7. Vampire Baby

Vampire Baby New Member

May 5, 2008
    Good times in kiddie kingdom.....

Just razzin' you mate. Glad you saw the game......:wink2:

Straz likes this.
  8. Straz

Mar 23, 2008

Well, my friends TV is actually bigger, and it has HD, so I enjoyed watching the game their.

9. Straz

Mar 23, 2008

I would have called DTE if I didn't see the game, and complain if I missed the game man. :lol:

10. Straz

Mar 23, 2008

Yeah, well he's a pretty cool guy, I mean he's a football fan so whenever we talk it's usually just about football, so it's not too bad.

opfinistic likes this.
  11. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    That's always been one of my worries on game days. I was sweating on the Sunday morning of the Chiefs game because it was raining/snowing outside and we had no satellite signal. Thankfully it went back on around 11:30, well before kickoff and I didn't miss anything.

12. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ

no. dads have no fear of beating manslaughter raps.

Alex44 and cnc66 like this.
  13. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    glad you could see the game...looks like you tried every avenue too lol

14. Kanye West

Kanye West 'Parcells' Guy

Mar 23, 2008
    You did not call me

15. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    It's the worst feeling in the world man.

Nice to see ya on here bro. :hi5:

Rocky Raccoon likes this.
  16. Straz

Mar 23, 2008

I meant to say I'm calling my best friend in my state :wink2:

17. Straz

Mar 23, 2008
    Yeah, I really did. I'm just glad I got to see it. :up:

finsgirlie likes this.