1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop the run and make Chad Henne beat us

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by LikeUntoGod, Oct 8, 2009.

1. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    yea well.. he doesn't have the same talent and there really wasn't anything new in his defense.. they beat us one on one.. stopped the base running game too.. if you lose the individual matchups, you get beat...me thinks you will have a tough time replicating that success

DOLPHAN1 and NyPhinfan like this.
  2. NyPhinfan

NyPhinfan Season Ticket Holder

Dec 21, 2007
    I agree on alot of what you say except for the fact that EVERYONE has alot of tape on the Wildcat and so far ..it has not helped alot. I think it always comes down to who can keep thier gap assignments..who blocks better and who can make the initial tackle and bring down the runner. The Jets are playing very well..I really believe we are going to bring alot of energy and motivation to the table. Will be fun to watch

cnc66 likes this.
  3. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Boy is he in for a rude awakening if he thinks Ryan 'defended' it. All Ryan did was bring up a 9th defender into the box in an all out blitz on the wildcat. Miami has countered this by removing the useless qb flanked wide and instead added a FB into the mix. Also (and this is the key) Baltimore was facing 3 linemen in the playoff game who are now backups. Grove/Thomas and Smiley are far superior in the run game compared to Alleman/Satele/Ndukwe. Miami is also running a lot more weakside runs which counteracts the Baltimore style that they thru at us last year (ie strongside stack blitzing). Guaranteed Miami puts up 150 rushing yards as a team. Only way they don't is if the Jets get up a couple scores early.

2socks and DOLPHAN1 like this.
  4. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I love the notion that because the Ravens did so well against the Phins last year that automatically the Jests will do the same with the same scheme. The Jests D is good, no denying that. But the Ravens they aren't. Not to mention that we have made significant changes on the O line this year and that is showing in our rankings. It's not like we have been playing dud teams so far this year, our rankings in the running game on both sides is well deserved. The secondary is improving and the Jests do not have Ryan/Manning/Rivers under center. this will be a very good physical game.

2socks likes this.
  5. BwanaZulia

BwanaZulia New Member

May 12, 2008
    Not saying Ryan has the same players, but he has some damn good ones. He knows how to defend against it and I think he will.

Again, interesting matchup.

BZ

6. joewilly

joewilly New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    a well thought out post with good points. the 09 jets D has superb talent on D this year, just not the household names yet. How we're playing as a unit is very impressive thru 4 games & with pace back, I expect week 5 to be no different.

what is not being talked about is your underrated Defense. If Cotchery has to sit out I'm very concerned on us being able to move the ball & avoid mistakes.

I think this game comes down to which q'back has a better day with fewer mistakes.

if close special teams may decide it. advantage jets.

my gut feeling is that both sides will struggle moving the chains. Our D is that good and our O is a question mark

7. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Agree that Ryan knows how to defend it, but if we are smart enough we don't show the same looks, and throw new looks in there especially for this game.:wink2:

8. jetssuck

jetssuck I hear Mandich's voice...

Aug 4, 2009
    Perfectville
    The Jesties are so giddy about keeping Brees out of the end zone, that they forget that Pierre Thomas and company, pounded them for 150+....