1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Trading Company Recommendations

Discussion in 'Economics and Financials' started by TokyoFishFan, Jun 23, 2009.

1. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    For those of you who have stocks and perhaps do some minor trading, I'd be interested in hearing which company(ies) you use to trade your stocks, what sort of stocks you're invested in, and anything else you may have to impart.

==========================READ ME=========================
    DISCLAIMER: Any and all recommendations and advice given in this thread should not be taken as a guarantee of anything. People or businesses or whomever who uses the information in this thread to make or lose money does so at their own personal risk. Investing is inherently risky. If you can't afford to lose the money, don't invest it.
    ==========================READ ME=========================

So...I use Sharebuilder.

Why?
    One of my co-workers uses it and seemed generally satisfied with it. Also, getting set up was very easy and I was able to place my first trade within a couple of hours.

What don't I like about it?
    I'm starting out investing in a lot of risky penny/pink/OTC stocks that cost less than $1. While Sharebuilder offers some of these stocks, most of the ones I've looked at cannot be bought using Sharebuilder, thus, I am considering moving to another firm in the future.

About me: I am a small investor. I only have about $1000 in the market and I have it spread across 4 stocks, DNE, ANX, ACTC, and NEXM. I have between 1000 and 1500 shares of each of the stocks. I look at this as my seed money to building a larger portfolio in the future. I am interested in short term trading (holding a stock for 3 months or less) in order to build up my account.

Firms I am looking at and would be interested in hearing personal experience with:
    NobleTrading
    Zecco (started to sign up with them, but their system didn't like my APO address)
    Ameritrade
    ScottTrade
    Anyone else

2. Agua

Agua Reality: Try It!

Apr 28, 2008
    I have an e-trade account that was preivously a Harris Direct account that was previously a DLJ account. The e-trade account has more features than any of the previous two, but I don't really know how it compares to other modern services.