1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stephen King

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ILPhinFan88, Mar 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ILPhinFan88

ILPhinFan88 Premium Member Luxury Box

King And Son To Collaborate

Best-selling authors Stephen King and Joe Hill--who are father and son--are due to collaborate on a novella called "Throttle," which will appear in a forthcoming anthology honoring I Am Legend author Richard Matheson. It is the first collaboration for the father-son duo.

The anthology, called He Is Legend, is a tribute to Matheson and is being assembled with his cooperation. The collection will comprise new tales set in the fictional universes Matheson created.

The King/Hill collaboration, "Throttle," is set in the same world as Matheson's story "Duel," which was famously adapted into a television film by Steven Spielberg.

Other contributors include Matheson's son, Richard Christian Matheson, as well as F. Paul Wilson, Joe Lansdale, Whitley Strieber, William F. Nolan, Gary Braunbeck, Thomas Monteleone, John Shirley and Ed Gorman, among others. It will also feature an introduction by Ramsey Campbell.

He Is Legend will also include Matheson's original full-length screenplay Conjure Wife (based on the novel by Fritz Leiber), which was written in collaboration with the late Charles Beaumont. It was filmed as Night of the Eagle (aka Burn, Witch Burn).

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=50931

dolpns13 and NaboCane like this.
  2. ILPhinFan88

Christian Slater and Wes Bentley are set to headline and Emmanuelle Vaugier will play the female lead in an adaptation of Stephen King's short story Dolan's Cadillac.

Dolan's Cadillac is a thriller about a man (Bentley), who plots to avenge the murder of his wife (Vaugier) by notorious and untouchable Las Vegas mob boss Jimmy Dolan (Slater).

Erik Canuel is directing Dolan's Cadillac from an adaptation written by Richard Dooling. Production is scheduled to begin May 14.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=44439

His'nBeatYour'n and NaboCane like this.
  3. ILPhinFan88

Fans of Stephen King and Peter Straub's The Talisman are toughened, at this point, to Hollywood's fickle relationship to the fantasy novel. Last September, Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy canned TNT's proposed six-part mini-series while the budget was re-evaluated.

Canadian director Mathieu Ratthe took matters into his own hands and created a six-minute Talisman-related demo reel. Essentially, he made a scene from the book to "demonstrate my directing ability and my vision to the producers who own the rights to the story," as he tells SlashFilm. As Jack Sawyer, Ratthe cast Ultraviolet's Cameron Bright.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=6999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHFRF0mVho

4. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    I just re-read that short story 2 nights ago. Very cool.

5. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    was the 70's movie with the 18 wheeler chasing the guy in his red car? I love that movie

6. ILPhinFan88

:up:

[​IMG]

dolpns13 likes this.
  7. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero

Dec 3, 2007
    North Jersey
    thats a scene from the movie?

8. His'nBeatYour'n

His'nBeatYour'n Glass Ceiling Repairman

Dec 10, 2007
    New York
    No it was a hopeful director trying to create some buzz for himself and perhaps the film.

Stephen Spielberg optioned the rights to make the movie 2 decades ago. And nothing has happened.

9. Roman529

Roman529 Senior Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I am looking forward to reading it. I just read a book of his called Duma Key which was set in Florida.....a nice Summer read.

10. ILPhinFan88

King's IT Remake Lands Writer

This is my favorite King book, the mini series was ok but you can only put so much on tv, it left out so much. Hopefully this will be good even with the changes.

A theatrical redo of Stephen King's "It" has been on the table for years. Now Warner Bros. is partnering with Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment to get it on the screen.

They've enlisted Dave Kajganich (The Invasion) to pen the script and already talks of story changes are underway. According to THR, Kajganich tale is set in present day and will ignore the fact that King's narrative bounces between '58 and '85. The core of the story will still follow a group of youngsters who once took on a creature and are called back together in their adult years to battle "it" one more time.

"It," first published in 1986, was adapted into an ABC mini-series in 1990.

Kajganich has reportedly penned a Pet Sematary remake as well and he's at work on Escape from New York.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=9866

11. ILPhinFan88

The Dark Tower to Become a Film Trilogy and TV Series

Universal Pictures Chairman Adam Fogelson and Co-Chairman Donna Langley—along with Jeff Gaspin, Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment and Angela Bromstad, President, Primetime Entertainment, NBC & Universal Media Studios—today announced that Universal Pictures and NBC Universal Television Entertainment have acquired the rights to produce three films and a television series based on the seven epic novels, short stories and comic books from Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

Ron Howard will direct the first film and the first season of television, which will be written by Akiva Goldsman. Goldsman will produce the film through his Weed Road Pictures with Howard and Grazer for Imagine Entertainment. Howard, Grazer and Goldsman will executive produce the television series for Universal Media Studios. Kerry Foster will executive produce the first film for Weed Road Pictures along with Todd Hallowell and Erica Huggins for Imagine Entertainment.

Read more: The Dark Tower to Become a Film Trilogy and TV Series - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69652#ixzz0yzfLDnri