1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steelers Rooney envisions 17-game season

Discussion in 'Other NFL' started by ATVZ400, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Steelers: Rooney envisions 17-game season
    The News
    Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney isn't lobbying, but he believes the day will come when teams will play 17-game regular seasons and three-game exhibition seasons, according to the Rocky Mountain News. "If we went to 17 games, one of those would be in a different place," Rooney said.

Our View
    The 17th game for each team would like be at a neutral site, perhaps even an international affair.
    http://www.fanballnews.com/nfl/

2. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I would also like seventeen games but not the last one outside of the US. I know they are trying to promote football worldwide and want to have more fans but theres a reason its called America's Game.

3. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    If they added a 17th game it would only be fair that it be played on neutral turf.

If not there would be teams that had more home games than away games and vice versa.

Isn't that the main argument everyone had on teams having to host home games abroad, that they were at a disadvantage giving up a home game?

This plan would be perfect.

They wouldn't be adding anymore games overall, just adding a reg. season game and taking away a preseason game. Players and fans alike have complained about the long preseasons especially season ticket holders who are forced to pay for games they don't want to go to.

It's solves a number of problems. Shortens preseason, allows the NFL to showcase the sport and allows the continued balance of home v.s. away games for every team.

alen1 likes this.
  4. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    True. I am still not a fan of playing the games outside of the US but I guess that would work. Good points.