1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steeler pick watch

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Finatik, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Finatik

Finatik Season Ticket Holder Staff Member Club Member

May 2, 2014
    SO Cal
    The league announced that Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was suspended three games for his actions in the game last night.

Also while much of it was because of injuries before and during the game, their lack of offensive firepower was a concern after the 21-7 loss.

“It’s been the story of the whole season, us not being good enough on offense,” left tackle Al Villanueva said, via Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s frustrating, for sure. There’s no excuses that we can make. Obviously, the team needs the offense to pick it up.”

“This is probably as humbling as it can be,” veteran guard Ramon Foster added.

Much of the problem stems from the simple lack of bodies.

Running back James Conner, who missed the previous two games with a shoulder injury, left the game in the first quarter after aggravating it. Wide receivers JuJu Smith-Schuster and Diontae Johnson were knocked out with concussions. That left Johnny Holton and Tevin Jones alongside James Washington at receiver.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  2. TheHighExhaulted

TheHighExhaulted Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You could be a sportswriter.

resnor likes this.
  3. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins From south

May 4, 2008
    That steelers winning streak was really annoying. A projected top 10 pick turning into a 20th-25th pick would make the Minkah trade too bad for us. Let’s hope they slow down now due recent facts, despite the soft schedule

4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Team Raheem Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    It was refreshing to see the pick move from 22 to 15 after the game. I was inspired this morning to look into how much higher it might move this weekend if things went well, but unfortunately isn't much. The only real hope of a move up this Sunday is if the Bears beat the Rams, moving the pick that Oakland owns down one. However, if the Eagles lose to the Patriots, then they move ahead of us this week.

Jacksonville (4-5, pick #13) and Indy (5-4, #18) face one another in Indianapolis. Right now, its too tough to tell what the various strength of schedules will look like on Monday morning, but we could end up either ahead or behind both of them. Either way, even after next week when the Steelers are off, the highest that the pick can end up after Week 12 is #13.

The Steelers finish with the Bengals, Browns, Cardinals, Bills, Jets and Ravens down the stretch, and I'd say its really difficult to guess what their record is going to look like after that. It would obviously be nice if they didn't face so many lousy opponents.

5. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    That winning streak was almost entirely pure luck based off of absurd turnover ratios for INTs and fumbles (both in recovered and in not lost by themselves). While their schedule is favorable the rest of the way, the injuries and inevitable TO regression likely means they will hover in the .500 range.

BrazForPhins likes this.
  6. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that you're right, and the pick ends up in the middle of the round. Which means that we likely end up picking once every ten selections or so through the first 35ish picks.

Puka-head likes this.
  7. Pauly

Pauly Season Ticket Holder

Nov 29, 2007
    Well Baker Mayfield was making plays and avoiding mistakes last night, so if he continues that then the Browns have a chance of sweeping the Steelers.

8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that's likely. And given that they play the Fins, Cardinals and Bengals twice the rest of the way, I think its likely that Cleveland ends up ahead of Pittsburgh in the standings. I think its also likely that the Chargers, Bears and Jaguars do too. I don't feel as good about the Lions, given Stafford's injury and their opponents.

The good news is that at this moment, the Steelers have the second lowest SoS of any team with 3 to 5 wins, so they would win almost any tiebreaker should that continue.

9. jdallen1222

jdallen1222 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Plantation, Fl
    If you're interested in tracking Miami's future draft picks in real time, and by real time I mean updated every wednesday, check out this reddit thread:

[​IMG]

The game last night is part of week 11 so the results wont be updated until wednesday next week.

resnor, Pauly, xphinfanx and 2 others like this.
  10. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    That's really cool. Thank you for sharing that.

jdallen1222 and BrazForPhins like this.
  11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I honestly think the Browns will beat the Steelers convincingly in Heinz... something about Baker Mayfield, he wins those kind of games...

steelers are going to be headhunting and there will be ejections... but as long as Chubb, Odell and Landry are not involved... then the browns offense is more than capable of beating a very overrated and mediocre Steelers defense... baker was picking them apart last night..

12. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Also John Ross and Aj Green returns ... that bengals game next week isnt a gimme for the steelers

rafael likes this.
  13. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    One of the most important games for Miami all year long, and we aren't even playing in it!

Jets/Bengals the next week too.

resnor likes this.