1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starks' attorney refutes police report

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, May 26, 2009.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    He also called the allegations "ludicrous" and says race played a factor.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1066883.html

DOLPHAN1 likes this.
  2. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    Sounds like this is going to get interesting/ugly as time goes on... Hopefully Starks comes out clean in the end. He played well for us when needed last year.

3. like2god

like2god Typical white person Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    CNY
    Unless he had it jacked up, it's not impossible to reach the windows. I know a guy who has one and it's not impossible at all. I don't even think a regular tractor trailer has windows that are 15 ft in the air, adding the rest of the vehicle (exhaust pipes, etc) it would make bridge clearance awfully tricky.

DOLPHAN1 and late again like this.
  4. Colorado Dolfan

Colorado Dolfan ...dirty drownin' man?

You, sir, are absolutely correct:

[​IMG]

http://www.uship.com/shipment/FREIGHTLINER-SEMI-TRUCK/501598784/

Onehondo and like2god like this.
  5. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    like2god and Irish Phin Fan like this.
  6. ascii

ascii People Watcher

Nov 27, 2007
    Etters, Pa
    I'd love to see the cop that can reach the windows of that while standing on the ground. If he can, I'm thinking he picked the wrong profession. :yes:

EDIT: What I meant is be able to knock AND see into the window. I'd find it hard to believe the cop reached up to the window when the door could have just been knocked on. JMO.

As for the allegations, each altercation has it's own story and the true story will come out through the system. I'm hoping, for the Dolphins sake, that Mr. Starks didn't attempt anything overly stupid.

7. Irish Phin Fan

Irish Phin Fan New Member

Dec 19, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Funny how that "race" factor seems to pop up all the time.......

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

The sad part is "race factor" is still a legitimate possibility, even in today's society. If he plays that card and it wasn't a factor, then shame on him. I am hoping this story turns out to be a minimal offense that keeps Randy Starks on the playing field, we need his services he is a good player for us.

It does sound like Randy will ave at least 8 witnesses that would likely testify on his behalf.

9. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    hopefully for both us and Randys sake, hes telling the truth.

and like Phinsrock said, people can laugh and groan at race being a factor, but lets not act like there are no more racists or something all the sudden because our president is black...

PhinsRock likes this.
  10. Gitrdone

Gitrdone New Member

May 22, 2009
    Canada EH!
    Even the trailors don't get to 15ft in height unless they are an oversized load. A normal van trailor is 13ft6in. But anyways, the cop woulda needed to be fairly tall to knock on the window of that. He probably climbed onto the truck and well that is a no-no anyways. Always bang on the door, it echo's thru the truck.

11. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    DWB? Doubt it, but hey you never know.

12. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    Did Starks win the Race in question???? :up: :tongue2:

13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Starks' attorney refutes police report...

Methinks he wouldn't be his attorney for very long if he didn't. Also, it would be absolutely irresponsible of his attorney to NOT bring up the race card. Its his job after all, to create doubt.

14. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

But it would be a bit of a reach. We'll see as more info comes out what happened, hopefully.

15. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Please..... save it for the gullible.

I laugh because like clockwork, if anything negative happens to one and only one group of people that claim is the immediate argument to dismiss any and all focus on the actual facts of said event. It's as predictable as the sun rising every morning.

Are you really going to sit there and claim that if a white, asian or hispanic idiot was driving a semi truck filled with way too many people, driving in bumper to bumper traffic during a large event where police are staffed and instructed to look for problems, that those other races wouldn't have been stopped in this instance.

Horse**** argument plain and simple!

16. PhinishLine

PhinishLine Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Maryland
    Seeing as though the actual facts have yet to come to light, its anyone's guess who is in the right here. There is already question to the officer's testimony independent of any accusations of race, so lets do the whole "presumed innocent until proven guilty" thing in that regard.

And, I feel where you are coming from CR. Sometimes people do pull the race card like gambit. Hower, we live in a hypersensitive culture. As a minority I know it only takes a few incidents (bad apples) for it to change the mindset that all negative actions are somehow racially motivated. Does that mean race played a factor in this situation? No. But it also doesn't rule out the possibility that it could be racially motivated as well. We'll just have to wait and see.

Fin D likes this.
  17. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Starks' Attorney speaks

We'll have to see how this boils down over the next few months. Hopefully he can still play this year.

DOLPHAN1 and Ophinerated like this.