1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Episode VII

Discussion in 'TV, Music and Movies' started by Bruzer, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree I drink your milkshake! Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    That is why I laugh when people say that the orig trig was a plan. It wasn't a huge plan. They winged it. They just made an amazing second movie.

Edit: The problem with Snoke was he was a mystery to the audience, however, to all of the characters in the story, he was known. No one wondered where he came from, who exactly he was, or anything. To have a big reveal about who Snoke is, would be stupid because everyone who would be there for this reveal would be like, "I know. Duh"

OR they would have to create a part of the movie just for him and his reveal, which would have added nothing to the narrative.

2. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    Who?

The only thing I can think of is if she is a secret child of Mara Jade. How do you not ruin those connected people?

3. GARDENHEAD

GARDENHEAD Season Ticket Holder Club Member

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    Unlucky 13 likes this.
  4. Unlucky 13

Unlucky 13 Just a Guy Staff Member Club Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    I think that its going to be huge. All signs point to this being the end of the story for most of the characters involved.

GARDENHEAD likes this.
  5. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    I showed the poster to my 7 year old daughter and it blew her mind. She yelled: whoa the Knights of Ren!

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  6. Fin D

Fin D Sigh Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I wonder why C3PO is holding Chewie's bowcaster and I wonder why is there a mighty morphing power ranger look alike in there?

7. GARDENHEAD

May 7, 2008
    New Orleans
    He also has Rey’s staff.

8. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia

I'm ready!

Also, Disney CEO Bob Iger says that this will be the last Star Wars movie for a while. How long that will be is unknown, although there are several in development, so likely only a couple of years.

#1 fan, danmarino and Fin D like this.
  9. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Ohio Fanatic, danmarino and Fin D like this.
  10. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    **** me can't wait.

The name of the film is interesting, and about the one thing that gives me pause - I really hope they don't retcon the whole thing to be "Lol yeah Rey is totally Luke's kid" or whatever. Heard some theories of "Skywalker" being titular, or basically the new "Jedi" which I find interesting considering the last film was The Last Jedi - Luke's passing ending the Jedi but beginning the Skywalkers, fitting.

The music of Star Wars man, that just puts one in the mood immediately, love it. Lando laughing at the helm of Falcon, yes please. Death Star debris, sign me up. The Emperor? WTF!?!?! I'm in. Rey and Kylo doing some weird fight/training on a desert planet? Yas! Give it to me!

My quick theory - somehow the Emperor survived RotJ, was responsible for the rise of the first order, Snoke and Kylo's betrayal. Rey stumbles upon/realizes this, presents to Ben who switches sides to put an end to Palpatine for good, forming the Skywalkers with Rey (with one of them dying). I could of course be entirely wrong, perhaps the Palpatine laugh was for dramatic effect more than an inkling of a role for him, but it still sounds good in my head for now.

Ohio Fanatic, The Rev and Unlucky 13 like this.
  11. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dec 11, 2007
    I think Rey and Kylo are totally going to bone

#1 fan likes this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin TX
    #insertGOTcousinsjokehere

For real though, everything points heavily to them in a relationship. Even after the ending of TLJ where Kylo takes on Luke and tries to destroy the rebels. It's just the Star Wars thing to do, and I won't be disappointed if they do go that route. Then again, maybe they do defy expectations and he really is the big bad.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  13. Fin D

Fin D Sigh Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I hope they undo everything from Last Jedi.

Rian Johnson just straight up pisses me off. I am all for people putting their own spin on a story, but he had utter contempt for entire story leading up to Last Jedi so he did everything he could to minimize everything 7 movies were building towards. The real heinous part is that the studio let him have his own trilogy, so that is where he should tell the non-skywalker story he wanted to tell.

Arrogant piece of crap hack, up there with Zach Synder.

Unlucky 13 likes this.
  14. Unlucky 13

Apr 24, 2012
    Troy, Virginia
    Well, given that Johnson has said that he's ok with his movie being retconned by this one, I'd say they're likely going to fix a few things. I have a lot more faith in Abrams. Hopefully, the series ends with most people happy with how it turned out.

https://geektyrant.com/news/jj-abra...the-story-for-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker

Also, Abrams met with Lucas before working on Ep 9 and the two of them talked out how to finish the series. Hopefully, cooler and smarter heads prevailed, and everyone puts their own egos and agendas away to make what people will enjoy.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  15. Fin D

Fin D Sigh Club Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Here's hoping.

Like I generally don't care if you change things that aren't integral to the essence of the story, like race or gender or changing time periods, etc. But the current Star Wars stuff is the story of the Skywalkers. If you don't like the Skywalker story, don't contribute to it. It is like Snyder with Batman. Batman doesn't kill. You don't get to change that just because you want grittier material. Go make a Punisher movie, or you know.....The Watchmen!!

Grrrrrrrrr...

<deep breath>

Ok, rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.....

Unlucky 13 likes this.