1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek Voyager help.

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by Sethdaddy8, Dec 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. finsgirlie

finsgirlie break my Luxury Box

Dec 2, 2007
    Fantasy Land
    whoops, after next generation i quit watching lol

i guess i saw a couple episodes of deep space 9 since i knew about o brien....but that was it. i TRIED to watch this new enterprise one but its terrible

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  2. TokyoFishFan

TokyoFishFan New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Tokyo!
    LOL...it took a little while for "Enterprise" to grow on me. I wasn't sure how I was going to like the new theme song. I liked the theme song in the first couple of seasons better than when they changed it.

Voyager defintely got better when they started facing the Borg and Species 8472.

DS9 also got better when the Dominion and the Klingons came into the picture--lots more battles played out.

Will there be a new series? How long will we have to wait?

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  3. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    :lol:

4. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    good to know.

i know a remake of the original cast is being done for the movies...but a new show seems over due for you guys. (not for me, I have about 1,000 hours of catching up to do)

5. Miamian

Miamian Senior Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Another series is very unlikely. Some time ago, I read an interview with Connor Trineer, who played Trip on Enterprise. He said that they cut the series short because of falling ratings, despite the introduction of the Xindi, their attack on Earth (that hit especially hard for many of us, with Florida being devastated), and the very near destruction of the planet. The network is probably very skittish for right now.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  6. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    okay, so I officially change my stance on Tuvok. he's pretty $.

7. unluckyluciano

unluckyluciano For My Hero JetsSuck

Dec 7, 2007
    I still dont like that series though.....

8. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    A Star Trek thread? :thumbup:

Anyway.

I have memories of watching reruns of TOS with my father in the late 70's. So I am a pretty big fan although I have never been to a convention or any of that although I'd like to one day. I definitely want to check out the ST experience in Vegas.

Overall, DS9 will blow Voyager out of the water.

I liked Voyager as it was different....but towards the end they started to really ham it up and I just wanted to catch the end.

Enterprise never got a hold of me (which is very odd for a ST series). But it never, ever did.

I dont know what it was about it but it just didn't feel Star Trek to me and it felt more like a bad version of Andromeda (which was a great show for the first couple of seasons and then it went to hell). Maybe it was that song to start it off....when I watched the very first episode and the intro was that I already was like ..."Oh god what the hell are they doing." They messed around with canon to much for my taste in the end.

So I would say TOS, TNG, DS9, then Voyager and Enterprise in the series rankings.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  9. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    I am one of the people who does not like Voyager even though I feel like I should. I really do like Tom Paris a lot and Harry Kim and of course 7 of 9. The Doctor does get really interesting. There are a few seasons where Voyager is as good as any Star Trek show. Unfortunately I missed one because of my refusal to watch it due to the crappiness of the show. Still there are a few episodes that really stand out for me, especially the one with the Doctor in the future with the Borg security force. Still for some reason right when Voyager was getting really good they decided to mess everything up by creating romances that didn't even come close to existing and the Doctor becoming a HUGE jerk.

I am a HUGE DS9 fan. If you can get past the first few seasons, I thought it became gold when the Dominion happened. I still to this day say, "It's a fake." in a high whispery voice. I also loved the Episodes with Section 31. Even my least favorite character on the show Jake got some good episodes in where he was trying to save his father and the one where he saved everyone on accident.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.
  10. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf Senior Member

Nov 25, 2007
    FLORIDA
    Going back in time in season 3's 'Past Tense' was great too. (2 part episode if I recall).

11. Dolphin1184

Dolphin1184 Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Augusta, GA
    Why is this in the Games forum? :huh:

12. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    I never enjoyed voyager with the exception of a few episodes though it was fairly popular. I did however love ds9 and the next generation.

13. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    my guess is that gamers are geeks and star trek is for geeks so there is a good chance that the person thought that most people who would read this would be on this forum.

14. unluckyluciano

Dec 7, 2007
    Alright. Thanks for the harsh reality I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

15. Sethdaddy8

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    :lol: Geeks are $

16. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    Regardless, it should be in The Lounge. I don't come in here nearly as much as I do The Lounge, and I'm a HUGE Star Trek fan.

Sethdaddy8 likes this.