Stadium Remodel Begins

1714 replies

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 10, 2015, 05:57 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Anyone know how many seats are there in the new lower bowl?

nope..I do know however there was a concrete way to have a lot more though..but they took a perfectly good section in the heart of the lower bowl and put in lazy boys...so adorbable those suits..

A13OVEAVERAGEA13OVEAVERAGESupporter
Aug 10, 2015, 06:07 PM

I'm pretty sure it has been posted here before, but the Virtual Venue program on the Dolphins website is pretty cool. http://miamidolphins.io-media.com/#
This is where I'll be sitting on the 29th..

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 10, 2015, 06:15 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

nope..I do know however there was a concrete way to have a lot more though..but they took a perfectly good section in the heart of the lower bowl and put in lazy boys...so adorbable those suits..

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

ITItsdahumidityForum Veteran
Aug 10, 2015, 10:26 PM

1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"

Unlucky 13Unlucky 13Supporter
Aug 10, 2015, 10:35 PM

That's a beautiful shot. They have really done such a good job updating the place.

Aug 10, 2015, 10:44 PM

"djphinfan wrote:

nope..I do know however there was a concrete way to have a lot more though..but they took a perfectly good section in the heart of the lower bowl and put in lazy boys...so adorbable those suits..

Do the math man... you're talking about around 192 less seats in a bowl of 35,000. And isn't located in the redzone where noise is most crucial. I get it... it's really about the principal of it rather than its actual impact (which is null)... but you have to let it go. There is no decibel difference in noise between 35,000 and 35,200 people. There just isn't. So, you can not like the concept, and not like the look of it, etc... but when you come to grasp with the fact that it doesn't actually impact the noise level on the field... it's easier to let go and come to terms with the fact that they are in our stadium. B/c no matter how much you focus on that... it isn't going to change. Focus on the rest of all the improvements they're making instead of that one change you disagree with in principle.

JDelenneJDelenneSupporter
Aug 10, 2015, 11:45 PM

I'm curious how much maintenance is going to come with those leather seats.. out doors in the elements, sweat/beer/food drenched during gamedays. Are they going to have a crew that comes out and cleans them after every game and put some kind of cover on them during the week?

Alex13Alex13Supporter
Aug 10, 2015, 11:50 PM

"JDelenne wrote:

I'm curious how much maintenance is going to come with those leather seats.. out doors in the elements, sweat/beer/food drenched during gamedays. Are they going to have a crew that comes out and cleans them after every game and put some kind of cover on them during the week?

this was talked about some pages back, its a non issue

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Aug 11, 2015, 04:07 AM

"JDelenne wrote:

I'm curious how much maintenance is going to come with those leather seats.. out doors in the elements, sweat/beer/food drenched during gamedays. Are they going to have a crew that comes out and cleans them after every game and put some kind of cover on them during the week?

They are not leather, they are marine vinyl. Like boat seats. Their biggest enemy is the sun, which the canopy will take care of next year. They are definitely going to need extra maintenance compared to the regular seats but, as far as food and drink goes, it's anything but a movie theater. This is a seat you practically own. The same one you paid a crap-ton of money for and the same seat you have to sit in for each game. I would think one would take good care of it.

FIFin4EverSupporter
Aug 11, 2015, 04:18 AM

I agree 8er.

PhinFan1968PhinFan1968Supporter
Aug 11, 2015, 07:04 AM

"jason8er wrote:

They are not leather, they are marine vinyl. Like boat seats. Their biggest enemy is the sun, which the canopy will take care of next year. They are definitely going to need extra maintenance compared to the regular seats but, as far as food and drink goes, it's anything but a movie theater. This is a seat you practically own. The same one you paid a crap-ton of money for and the same seat you have to sit in for each game. I would think one would take good care of it.

They're passing maintenance costs to the consumer, of course.

Brian Flores when asked about tanking: “Again, no we’re not (tanking). We’re going to try to win every game. I think that’s disrespectful to even say that.”

:rimshot:

ITItsdahumidityForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2015, 08:14 AM

1/4/16 - Chris Grier : "The talk of dysfunction within the organization is over."
Today - Me & every other Dolfan : "Lies!!!"

jason8erjason8erLuxury Box
Aug 11, 2015, 08:16 AM

"PhinFan1968 wrote:

They're passing maintenance costs to the consumer, of course.

Haha! $200 seats + $7800 CAM = $8000.

The G ManThe G ManForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2015, 12:06 PM

"Itsdahumidity wrote:

That looks awesome. Can't wait for the roof next year.

That is still the plan, isn't it?

http://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/071511-NFL-Larry-Csonka-PI_2011071516291173_660_320.jpg

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2015, 12:35 PM

I thought those recliners were going to be that whole middle section on 50. I'm glad that it was more limited than I expected.

Stringer BellStringer BellSupporter
Aug 11, 2015, 12:37 PM

I don't think those seats even recline. The living room ones do IIRC.

I don't really understand the problem either? I don't think cushioning on a seat will have a tangible impact.

“Come on, shake your body baby, do that conga!”

Aug 11, 2015, 12:41 PM

"rafael wrote:

I thought those recliners were going to be that whole middle section on 50. I'm glad that it was more limited than I expected.

Yep, it really isn't much. I'm estimating that it will only reduce the number of seats by 192 in the lower bowl based on the size of the sections... and they are located in probably the least impactful places possible in regards to noise.

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 11, 2015, 01:29 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Yep, it really isn't much. I'm estimating that it will only reduce the number of seats by 192 in the lower bowl based on the size of the sections... and they are located in probably the least impactful places possible in regards to noise.

The original report basically just said they were going to be in that section and the accompanying picture showed an open section. So I envisioned a section of lazyboys all along the 50 on that one side. It also mentioned how those seats had access to some bar area inside. Having been at a ton of games and knowing the crowd that buys those seats, I envisioned weekly TV shots of empty seats before games and before halves due to late arriving fans and less fanatical fans hanging out at the bar. That just isn't a good look and would further cement the area's image for lackadaisical fans.

bigbrybigbryNew Member
Aug 11, 2015, 09:46 PM

The people paying for those seats will enjoy the hell out of um.

People complaining simply cant afford them. Its called jealousy.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 11, 2015, 11:14 PM

"FinNasty wrote:

Do the math man... you're talking about around 192 less seats in a bowl of 35,000. And isn't located in the redzone where noise is most crucial. I get it... it's really about the principal of it rather than its actual impact (which is null)... but you have to let it go. There is no decibel difference in noise between 35,000 and 35,200 people. There just isn't. So, you can not like the concept, and not like the look of it, etc... but when you come to grasp with the fact that it doesn't actually impact the noise level on the field... it's easier to let go and come to terms with the fact that they are in our stadium. B/c no matter how much you focus on that... it isn't going to change. Focus on the rest of all the improvements they're making instead of that one change you disagree with in principle.

im sooo happy they actually moved concrete closer to the field, its been my wish for a very loooong time, and they did it, so ill try not to fixate on such a mistake.

djphinfandjphinfanSupporter
Aug 11, 2015, 11:20 PM

"bigbry wrote:

The people paying for those seats will enjoy the hell out of um.

People complaining simply cant afford them. Its called jealousy.

no'one is jealous, trying to get the best homefield possible and lessen the degree for which our culture gets made fun of..

54Fins54FinsForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2015, 10:42 AM

http://www.wsvn.com/story/29765716/1st-look-at-sun-life-stadiums-400m-renovation?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=11757151

rafaelrafaelForum Veteran
Aug 12, 2015, 11:14 AM

"bigbry wrote:

The people paying for those seats will enjoy the hell out of um.

People complaining simply cant afford them. Its called jealousy.

That's a ridiculous and ignorant statement. I don't live in the area anymore, but when I go down to the games of late I've been in the skybox so I'm not jealous of somebody sitting in a less expensive area.

jdallen1222jdallen1222Forum Veteran
Aug 12, 2015, 11:24 AM

"bigbry wrote:

The people paying for those seats will enjoy the hell out of um.

People complaining simply cant afford them. Its called jealousy.

Jealousy is the fear of losing something that you already have, you mean envy.

🎃

bigbrybigbryNew Member
Aug 12, 2015, 06:52 PM

"rafael wrote:

That's a ridiculous and ignorant statement. I don't live in the area anymore, but when I go down to the games of late I've been in the skybox so I'm not jealous of somebody sitting in a less expensive area.

hahahah