Stadium Question
21 replies
I thought last year was the last year that we would have the dirt infield from the Marlins at our stadium. Did something change or am I just crazy?
All work and no play makes Mike a dull boy...
Well as long as the Marlins are sharing Dolphin's stadium, the Phins will have some games in September in which they have to play on the dirt infield, unless Miami starts off with four straight road games to open the season. It also takes a while for the sod to take hold.....I would just make the Marlins play on an all-grass infield with no dirt. :lol:
In 2011 we (Marlins) should have our own stadium.
Either way though the opponent plays on the same field, so it doesn't bother me.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"Alex44 wrote:
In 2011 we (Marlins) should have our own stadium.
Either way though the opponent plays on the same field, so it doesn't bother me.
Yeap! We should stop using this as an excuse cause its getting old


"Mbs3009 wrote:
I thought last year was the last year that we would have the dirt infield from the Marlins at our stadium. Did something change or am I just crazy?
crazy
"Skeet84 wrote:
Yeap! We should stop using this as an excuse cause its getting old
Who is using it as an excuse? It blows no matter what. It blows for both teams. There is no excuse being made here??
Carpenter looked ok on that dirt infield...
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
It's actually ridiculous that we haven't switched to FieldTurf. Espescially now with UM playing at Dolphins stadium. You're talking about baseball during the week and then potentially 2 football games. The field will be torn to shreds. Did you like watching the Pittsburgh game last yer? that field is coming to Miami.
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
Carpenter looked ok on that dirt infield...
Yea he did not look bad at all. He nailed his first fg from 40 yard away
You are actually correct.
The word was that the U of M was going to cover the infield for their games and they would repeat that process for the Fins games.
No word as to the status of that "promise".
@Alf_Arteaga on Twitter
"Being a part of success is more important than being personally indispensable. .''...- Pat Riley
3 Yards per Carry on itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/3-yards-per-carry-miami-dolphins/id1363764781?mt=2
3 Yards per Carry for Android:
https://threeyardspercarry.podbean.com/
The general condition of the field is going to be terrible in the early going, particularly with our late summer weather.
I think there are 2 03 weekends with UM/Fins games at the stadium which will be brutal. Part of Waynes 300 million should have gone to field turf.
A ****ty field might be advantageous to this team. If poor conditions result in a lower scoring, time of possession style game, that plays to the teams strength. Look at the Giants and Steelers games, and how relatively close they were.
"Disgustipate wrote:
A ****ty field might be advantageous to this team. If poor conditions result in a lower scoring, time of possession style game, that plays to the teams strength. Look at the Giants and Steelers games, and how relatively close they were.
Maybe, but it makes for crappy football and is dangerous for the players. I'd rather give up some minimal advantage.
I blame the Dolphins for the Marlins losing last night :tongue2:

Thank you Gish!
"Lt Dan wrote:
Who is using it as an excuse? It blows no matter what. It blows for both teams. There is no excuse being made here??
Not you or anyone here so far, but in the past a LOT of fans have somehow tried to blame our struggles on the dirt.
On the draft Quentin Rollins bandwagon.
"schmolioot wrote:
Maybe, but it makes for crappy football and is dangerous for the players. I'd rather give up some minimal advantage.
I dunno, I can't ever remember seeing anyone get hurt specifically because of the dirt infield.
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
Carpenter looked ok on that dirt infield...
:lol:
You must of forgotten all the injuries and missed kicks when it counted (dirt infield)
"54Fins wrote:
:lol:
You must of forgotten all the injuries and missed kicks when it counted (dirt infield)
Def haven't forgotten. All the more reason to believe Carpenter is pretty solid.
BTW, the only time I ever heard that dirt infield used as an escuse is when a PHINS kicker missed one off it. No one ever made an excuse for the opponent nor do I recall them missing many against us on it...
"Making people on the Internet feel better about their own lives since 2004"
"Alex44 wrote:
Not you or anyone here so far, but in the past a LOT of fans have somehow tried to blame our struggles on the dirt.
NOT this fan. I just want the Dolphins to play in "their own" stadium.
Then there would'nt be any dirt.:wink2:
"HardKoreXXX wrote:
Def haven't forgotten. All the more reason to believe Carpenter is pretty solid.
BTW, the only time I ever heard that dirt infield used as an escuse is when a PHINS kicker missed one off it. No one ever made an excuse for the opponent nor do I recall them missing many against us on it...
ive always wondered why that is...?