1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stability ?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PHINFAN 4 LIFE, Jan 8, 2008.

Tags:
  1. PHINFAN 4 LIFE

PHINFAN 4 LIFE Season Ticket Holder

Jan 6, 2008
    Fair Hill,Maryland
    We have been through so many coaching changes the past couple of years; I pray we can finally put together a staff that will be here for a long period of time. We got so use to coach Shula being here for such a long stretch, that we didn't realize how hard it can be to put together a great staff. It has got to be frustrating for some of the players as well, every year re-learning a new system. Every year a new staff is re-evaluating our players. I have faith in Parcells that he will fix this quickly. Do a lot of people feel this same way ??

2. Passrusher

Passrusher New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    In the draft war room
    We need motivated coaches who want to be a part of the retooling of the Dolphins. Guys who are not afraid of the challenges that lie ahead.

djphinfan likes this.
  3. #1dolphinsfan

#1dolphinsfan New Member

Nov 23, 2007
    as long as parcells is here he will keep the HC that he hired

Bpk likes this.
  4. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I feel the same way. I just hope bp lives up to the hype.

5. sabanhater

sabanhater New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I doubt Parcells is here for his entire contract, but I'm hoping he does.
    We couldn't keep Wanny, nor did anyone want to.
    We couldn't keep Saban because he didn't want to even be here.
    And Cameron didn't have the fire or player support he needed to be a head coach.

Bpk likes this.
  6. Whitedolphin54

Whitedolphin54 From the land of legends Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    Somerset UK
    I too hope we can get a HC that will be here for a while.

7. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Yeah I like stability but first you gotta find something worth making stable too. It's a balance.

8. sleek

sleek Member

Jan 3, 2008
    My concern is when Parcells leaves in a few years will the team unravel without him here. We know how Wayne is when it comes to football knowledge and decisions. it would be nice to be competitive for more than a year or two. My hope is Parcells staff is strong enough to keep things together or Parcells really likes the position of VP and Wayne showers him with money so he stays longer.

Bpk likes this.
  9. Dolphins13Fan

Dolphins13Fan New Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Not to sound like I'm defending Parcells here, but I also think his "nomad" reputation is a little bit overblown.

Before you call me crazy, hear me out.. Each of his last three jobs that he left in short order had logical reasons.

In Dallas, he had to deal with Jerry Jones, who we all know is by no means easy to deal with. The two were on different continents when it came to what they wanted done.. Case in point, the open disagreement the two had over the acquisition of Owens. In Dallas, Parcells had a say, but at the end of the day, Jerreh did what he does best-- meddled in the team's business.

In New York, he dealt with the death of Leon Hess and the new ownership.

In New England, the stories of him openly feuding with Robert Kraft are well known.

In this position, he's pretty much got full control. If Wayne sits back and chooses not to meddle in things, I can see Parcells sticking around for awhile. I also can see Ireland and the next coach having a fairly decent run.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I think stability may finally be here at the top. Once you get that, the on field stability works itself out.

endorPHINS72 likes this.
  10. Swampfox

Swampfox Season Ticket Holder

Nov 27, 2007
    I just want coaches that can evaluate and develope talent. We could have had Donald Lee at TE instead of Martin. Im tired of losing talent because we cant do very basic things like evaluate and develope talent.

11. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Interesting to go back and look at some of these threads from the LAST time we were looking at Head Coach prospects.

This was an argument fo rParcells bringing long term stability. As one poster said though, the Head Coach is only safe until Parcells leaves, which he did. Now Tony may go too.

Stability? Nope.

12. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    not to confuse stability with mediocrity... who would stabilize a perennial mid-tier team?
    the winds of change are blowing in our direction, the storm will follow, the cleansing is needed