1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Louis Rams ready to rip under new Management

Discussion in '2011 GM League Forum' started by Nappy Roots, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Nappy Roots

Nappy Roots Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Bradenton,FL
    As the clocked ticked to triple zero's on the clock in its final game of the season against the Seattle Seahawks, there were many different facts the Rams had realized. Instead of hosting a NFL playoff game in the first round, they once again finished the season with a losing record, their 5th of their last 6 seasons. They still havent had winning season since 2003. Rams owner decided to move into a different direction for their player personnel. New General Manager Nappy Roots knows there is a lot of pieces to start with, and knows they are very close to pushing it over the top.

"We like our team that we have now, and would be perfectly happy moving forward into Free Agency and the Draft with this team. But we will turnover every rock and see what we find. There are certain players that you would like not discuss in trade, such as a Bradford." Nappy Roots noted. "But you have to come into this with an open mind. It should be a fun off-season"

When asked about running back Steven Jackson, Roots seem to dodge the question slightly. "Steven is a great great talent. He's going to be apart of the evaluation process just like the rest of the team. But you have to like his skill set and how well his skills fit this team."

Roots does have some work to do. He obviously has to do some work on offense. But he also has question marks at the outside linebackers position and the defensive line, who is getting a little long in the tooth. Nappy Roots was sure to reassure this Ram fan base with his final comments though saying with a large smile, showing off his gold teeth. "The West title is running through St. Louis next year and years to come. You can bet that." If I was a betting man, which I am, I certainly wouldn't bet against Roots.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

alen1 and Paul 13 like this.