1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprint to release competitor to iPhone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Muck, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Muck

Muck Throwback Uniform Crusader Retired Administrator

Nov 25, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    It's the Samsung Instinct. Coming in June. Finally a device for the rest of us. And on Sprint's fast network. I just hope it's decent. Very curious as to standard operation of the thing. If it's smooth like the iPhone.

Specs/Story

Photos

Side view

2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I expect the price to drop on both after about a month on the market...

3. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i hate my iphone.... this looks good :up:

if this can do copy/paste, AND MMS, it would be a winner right off the bat.

4. HardKoreXXX

HardKoreXXX Insensitive to the Touch

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Sprints service is great, their phones are garbage. Ive been with Sprint/Nextel for years now and can't seem keep a phone for more then 8 months before it craps out. Hopefully this one is a little better.

texasPHINSfan likes this.
  5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    its good to see you over here man. :up:

6. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I love my sprint service and my phone. Granted, my phone isn't some super cool Sprint exclusive... It's a regular MotoQ. But I've had it forever and no issues.
    [​IMG]

On that note, this phone does look cool. So does the iPhone, but I found it a little over rated.

7. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Sprint's service was terrible in my area. Switched to Cingular/AT&T about 3 years ago.

There is supposed to be a $100 price drop on the iPhone soon anyway, new version coming out with more GB.

Don't really like the looks of that Samsung. Friend of mine has a nice phone by HTC on Sprint's network. Touch screen with slide out full keyboard. HTC makes some REALLY nice phones.

http://www.htc.com/www/default.aspx

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  8. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Thanks Bro, :up:

9. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

I have both a Nextel and Sprint and the service is pretty bad out here. Half of my territory for work is uncovered and severely hinders me. However, I feel pretty much every company is about the same so I won't be changing.

Assuming that the service plan doesn't bend me over, I will look into this.

10. mor911

mor911 pooping

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    The major issue with the iPhone (for me) isn't the phone itself... It's the ancient technology they used (Apple and ATT) to get information to it. The Edge Network is slow and groggy (is that a word?) as hell.

11. HardKoreXXX

Apr 2, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    The last 2 phone Ive purchased were Motorola's top of the line model for Nextel and were both horrible. Maybe Im just having some bad luck.

12. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i can vouch for that.

if that isn't problem enough, the iphone can't copy/paste, doesn't have ANY MMS ability, and believe it or not, mine has crashing issues and i'll have to restart it. I'm not an apple hater, but its funny to hear the apple fanboys always talk up how apples never crash like windows do.

i had the Cingular 8525 before this, and i actually preferred it. the iphone is "trick" and has cool little features here and there (love the youtube thing, and storing movies on it for playback is GREAT), but the loss of other functionalities sucks.

i also hate the fact you can't make/modify ringtones. oh yeah apple says they added that recently, but what they did was make you able to make ringtones out of songs you BUY on itunes. forget if you bought the track elsewhere... or if you had the CD and ripped it via itunes... or if its a rare european trance MP3 and you can't buy the track at all.... you're SOL.

screw that garbage. with my old 8525 i could take ANY mp3 (even a sound clip of arnold yelling "GET TO THA CHOPPAH!" and make that my ringtone. :up:

13. Motion

Motion New Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Tell us how you really feel. :lol:

14. Finfangirl

Finfangirl Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Bay Area, Ca
    i have been a sprint customer for 10 yrs and i always hated that they are soo behind on phone technology, it always seems the best phones come out for att and verizon first. But this phone looks the part, i have been researching it for a few hours and it seems the techies are very impressed with sprint's version. Now, if i could just get the customer service to be decent i would be happy.....sprint's customer service is abominable......