1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz-Players that are hot,those who are not

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Aug 9, 2009.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Unlike some of the other writers in the market who base their work mostly on opinion ,Barry Jackson is a writer who gets real information from people in the know.

Here are some of the latest tidbits from training camp.
    Those who have shown notable progress.

.'' .

Among those who have disappointed

An NFC executive cautioned on Gibril Wilson , ``He's not an ideal cover guy and struggles in space. He's better as a blitzer.''

There is more here
    http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/columnists/barry-jackson/story/1177825.html

BTW Expect a lot more blitzing this year.Read the article.:yes:

2. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Thanks Derek, good article. Appreciate it. You're up early. :up:

CrunchTime likes this.
  3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    There have been a few disapointments in camp but not as many as I would have thought.They are right about Merling,though.The boy NEEDS to pick up his game a bit,he's been invisble for the most part.
    Happy to hear about Wake.I'm sure it took him a while to get acclimated to the heat and new formations before we saw anything out of him.

So much more fun reading the positives from this team compaired to a few years ago.There is a certain aura surrounding this franchise again that only us older fan's can really understand.
    Being excited about this upcoming season would be an understatement.

4. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    I am still stunned that Devone Bess wasn't drafted. I just KNEW this kid was going to be good somewhere, I was very pleased when it was us that made him the offer he took. I see nothing but upside on this guy.. and really, we have several years of improvement to look forward to as the game continues to slow down for him, and he learns how to apply his skillset better.

5. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Agreed. At this point I'd consider an extension for Bess to be right up there in priorty with guys like Brown, Roth, and Fasano.

cnc66 likes this.
  6. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Cam Wake continuing to impress, Jake Long is a pro bowler.

Phil Merling underachieving is bad news.

cnc66 likes this.
  7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Thats a very nice endorsement for wake, When the Premier Left tackle in the game speaks, i listen.

8. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Its sad that Merling hasn't really taken it seriously, he has the ability and the skills. He just hasn't decided to apply himself and made a determined effort.

9. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    iam facinated to know why he isnt, dont understand it.. Would love to hear the answer to this question.

Hey Phillip ?...DJ from the phins.com here.

why does one who has the talent to play professional football, not take the craft serious and not give 100 percent? whats the matter with you?

siciliansith likes this.
  10. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I find it interesting that columnists and bloggers put these lists together and they write these columns of each player but they never bring up Kendall Langford. Langford is a quality player that isn't mentioned much but he gets the job done. I remember when he came to mini-camp as a rookie and Sparano immediately stated that Langford picks everything up quickly. I think he deserves some of the attention. I know he wasn't drafted as high as Merling but he's played better than him.

11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Marty did make the Bess call, and spot-on for certain.
    If/When Ginn excells, it will only make Bess that much better as well
    I think the biggest advantage Bess has, is he just flat out "Gets it".
    More and more, this kid reminds me of none other than John Stallworth. Same incredible drive and work ethic that is the result, and the incredible mental fortitude

12. UCF FINatic

UCF FINatic The Miami Dolphins select

Apr 17, 2008
    I love me some Kendall Langford!!! He became one of my favorite players from last years draft throughout the season. He completely dominates his side in the running game and gets fairly good pressure on the QB, but he sort of lacks a closing burst; most of the sacks he got and will get is by him creeping-up to the QB and sacking him before the QB sees or "feels" him. I think that is one of the biggest reasons he doesn't get a lot of publicity... Either way he is one hell of a ball player and will be a dominate 3-4 End for us for a while.

13. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    I'm very dissaponted that Merling has been struggling.

14. firedan

firedan Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    palm beach county fl
    Hopefully Merling will pick up the pace-some players do not practice well,no excuse for that I'm sure the coaches will light a fire under his azz.