1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz : Dolphins' three OTA practices this week

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Jun 17, 2014.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    A lot of this has already been reported on tweets but its worth going over it again IMO.:lol:

There is more :up:
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Larry Little, SICK, RoninFin4 and 5 others like this.
  2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    One of Jackson's points was that Pat Devlin had really shown the improvement you'd hope for, but he's still playing better than Brock Jensen in these practices. I wonder if Miami takes a look at T.J. Yates, who was released by Houston today.

Yates at least has game experience, including playoff experience; something neither Devlin (preseason only) and Jensen (rookie) have. With Matt Moore only under contract for one more season, would it makes sense to take a look at Yates (familiarity with John Benton) as a #3 for this year and have him be Tannehill's backup in 2015? Perhaps you could stash Brock Jensen on the practice squad this year and bring him up to the 53, if inclined, in 2015?

Pure spit-balling on my part, but Yates strikes me as capable of having a brighter future, with Miami if signed, than Matt Moore, Devlin and Jensen.

cuchulainn likes this.
  3. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS

Agreed. By this point if Devlin can't push Moore out the door, then he needs to go himself.

4. cuchulainn

cuchulainn Táin Bó Cúailnge Club Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    So Tannehill corrected 3 receivers today - Matthews, Ford, and Wooten.

No jokes that Tannehill "ranted" at Rantavious? :lol:

5. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    That was a kind of depressing read, but we'll have a better picture when the hitting really starts.

RoninFin4 likes this.
  6. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

One would really have to question Devlin's worth if he's not better than Brock Jensen at this point, what with Devlin starting his 4th season. The real question should be if Devlin is worth keeping then why isn't he showing up Moore at this stage rather than beating out a rookie.

7. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, Matt Moore, part Deux... I don't know that they make a change in backup guys, despite the cost of Moore, simply because Tanny is still reasonably cheap, the jury is still out on him and Yates will want to compete for a starting job, most likely...

8. xphinfanx

xphinfanx Stay strong my friends.

Nov 1, 2009
    Don't forget the year before Tannehill came into play Moore was MVP. I think it's going to be a money thing for him to go.