1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz...Day 2 Draft outlook

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Apr 27, 2012.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I am not an Ireland fan but I have to admit he played it well convincing everyone we were not interested in Tanny.
    I am very happy with the pick and I believe he will be the real deal .Now to draft some pass rushers and WRs.

There is a lot more

2. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks Crunch. Disappoints me that Upshaw's name isn't on that list.

CrunchTime likes this.
  3. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    I would love to get Fleener at 42 and double down in the 3rd with Quick and Streeter.

xphinfanx likes this.
  4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Your lips to God's ears.

5. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    Personally, I'd like to get skill players now, then go all D & O lines next year.

6. Fin-Omenal

Fin-Omenal Initiated

Mar 25, 2008
    Thee...Ohio State University
    No way he makes it past Indy sadly.

7. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
  8. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    "As far as his quarterback skill level is concerned, I doubt there is a player on Jeff Ireland's draft board who has been scrutinized more than Ryan Tannehill. The general consensus is that he is a talented quarterback with a tremendous upside. As his former head coach, I agree with that evaluation. He has just scratched the surface as a quarterback. His learning curve, however, will be enhanced and accelerated simply because he is coming to an offensive scheme and terminology where he has a lot of familiarity.
    He is an extremely competitive person and will embrace the responsibility that goes with being the 8th pick in the NFL draft. There is no doubt he will work to exceed those expectations.
    I am excited to have him in the quarterback room with Matt [Moore], David [Garrard], and Pat [Devlin]. He will be a great addition to that group. It will be very competitive to say the least."

9. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?70081-Sherman-on-Tannehill-after-the-pick
    Megre?

10. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Wayne State offensive tackle Joe Long, named the Division II Lineman of the Year for 2011, would be thrilled to be reunited with his brother, Dolphins All-Pro Jake Long. “It’s a huge dream of his to play with his brother,” Wayne State offensive line coach Terry Heffernan said. “They’re very close. He was the best man at Jake’s wedding in Naples” recently.

"Whereas Jake was drafted first overall in 2008, Joe might not be drafted. At 6-5, 307 pounds, he started every game of his career at left tackle but could also play on the right side. “No other team has evaluated him as long as Miami has,” Heffernan said. “They’ve sent a scout every year."

Last year, Jake Long recommended his brother to then-Dolphins offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo, who now has the same job with the Jets. The Jets brought him in for a visit recently."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

11. CrunchTime

Nov 23, 2007
    That would be ironic ,Longs brother going to the Jests

12. Fin D

Fin D Sigh

Nov 27, 2007
    If he goes undrafted, he's coming here. No way he chooses the Jets over his brother.

13. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Well assuming he doesn't get drafted, then he's as good as a Dolphin.

14. PhinPhanatic

PhinPhanatic New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    Dont know much about him but best OL in Div II sounds good for a 6-7 pick especially if it helps us get Jake for a lower price down the line. Long minor would have the most value to us IMO

15. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    Which would be a huge mistake. 52 sacks given up. Were short 3-4 OL to go into camp as it is right now. Were looking at a 33 year old RG and an injury prone Murtha at RT with Garner the only depth. Not to mention it's questionable if our depth guys even fit the new blocking scheme. I fully expect 2 OL/2WR as the double downs this year and quite a few undrafted OL to come in.

Plus Ireland said in round 2 they are looking at guys who can score TD's, sack the QB and defend the pass....which of course means were going OL ;p

ATLFINFAN likes this.