1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports Buzz • Clemons, Misi are making strides for Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Oct 24, 2010.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Clemons wouldn't even be starting if the Dolphins had been able to sign Clark. ``Had I gotten along better with Jeff Ireland and some of the brass there, I would have left [Pittsburgh],'' Clark said in August. The Dolphins liked Antrel Rolle but didn't want to outbid the Giants and didn't pursue Atogwe.
    But Pro Football Focus, which studies every play, said Clemons has outplayed them -- it ranks him 17th of 81 safeties, with Rolle 31st, Atogwe 32nd and Clark 36th.
    ``He's doing his job very well,'' defensive coordinator Mike Nolan said. ``He's going to become a very good pro because he takes his job very seriously.''
    Clemons said he is surprised he hasn't been thrown at more: ``I want some picks, but I've graded out well. I'm good at confusing the quarterback

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/23/1888355/clemons-misi-are-making-strides.html#ixzz13HKsnatD

I admit I was skeptical about him but the coaches knew more than we did.....yet again.:wink2:

2. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Coaches like Misi's improvement in setting the edge on runs -- a problem in preseason. ``Koa was relentless in his rush'' last Sunday, Tony Sparano said. He had modest sack numbers at Utah -- three in 2008, five in 2009 -- and he has ``still got to work on rush moves,'' Sparano said. ``But he's getting better.''
    Misi said he has three pass-rush moves he's comfortable with and must ``perfect them.''
    Besides his high motor, the Dolphins like his diligence. One example: During the offseason, he asked the team to make a DVD of Taylor's pass-rush moves so he could study them. He soon will do the same for Denver's Elvis Dumervil, at Brandon Marshall's suggestion. ``I've come a long way,'' he said.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/10/23/1888355/clemons-misi-are-making-strides.html#ixzz13HL9vf5H

There is more about Parcells ,Nolan and other tidbits.Its worth a read :yes:

3. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

One thing Miami has done a great job at...is getting guys who are football heads...if you look at all of our players...one constant theme is...."willing to work" "willing to study"...they all want to be the best at their positions...but they want to work to get to that point....

One guy we aren't seeing much now...but I think we will at some point..is Nolan Carroll...we have the makings of a VERY VERY good defense...VERY good. Wait till this time next year....Odrick back...Misi in his second year....Our DB's in their second and third years....Wake in his second full NFL season....

If you cant get excited about the future of our defense....man....

CrunchTime likes this.