1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Teams Coach

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by thecoachingtree, Nov 7, 2010.

1. thecoachingtree

thecoachingtree New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    I don't know that anyone even cares about special teams, but what are your thoughts about the special teams coaching situation. Will Rizzi keep the job or will they try to bring someone else in?

2. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    No changes in coaches, players or play calling are needed.

3. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    at the end of the season i could see them looking to upgrade. rizzi doesnt suck like bonamego but he isnt that good either. basically if someone better is available i would consider it but change for the sake of change makes no sense

Bpk likes this.
  4. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Unless something good actually happens on STs before year's end, I think they'll hire someone. Probably after the Senior Bowl, the unofficial coaching job fair of the NFL offseason.

Unless they already have their eye on someone.

SHOULD have gotten Bobby April last offseason, oh no wait! Sparano couldn;t let his kids' godfather, family friend John "I suck' Bonamego go.

Also, Ireland and Sparano must reassess their idea that they won;t carry special teams aces who don;t play other positions.

ALso also, this crap about keeping the bottom of the roster cheap (per Ross, according to a source) is NOT gonna help us pick up guys with greater athleticism and ability. No way a Mastrud or Shuler becomes a game-changer on Special Teams.

5. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

No changes in results should be expected.

6. 2xBlown

2xBlown Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Rizzi should go if there is an upgrade.

I think its a given that Henning is walking away.

I'm happy to give Nolan another year with the D. Too many changes there and the D has been decent despite today.

One punt all game. And even that was a fake. One punt is not a good defensive performance. Much more than Henne, the D should take the fall for this one.