1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano's presser with as much explaination as we will have

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 5, 2010.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-notebook-0906-20100905,0,6016536.story

I love that part "if they had not been out there.." as if they were shocked to find four players who were waived.

Up in Club poking some fun at Ireland I said:

"they will go in a direction none of us fans see coming, kick returner?

Oh no.."James Snodgrass Left Tackle from Wichita Technical College is a player we've had our eyes on for 2 years now"

And there it is, one guy never played football..

And I love that qualified statement "certainly maybe"

What sort of qualified statement is that?

Coach just added a new term to the CoachSpeak lexicon..the positive dismissive affirmation..

2. Samphin

Samphin Κακό σκυλί ψόφο δεν έχει

In a way, it is hard to argue against going younger and having more bodies in the trenches. Both are constant goals that just about every team goes for, and to be honest, while our CB's are young (and make MORE than their fair share of mistakes), we have five (Davis, Smith, J.Allen, Sapp, Carroll) that have talent and can contribute.

My fear however, is if we maybe have become TOO young and if Ireland and Sparano are digging too deep and convincing themselves that the fool's gold they keep mining is the real thing...?

And not to go TOO "Janus," on these boards, but maybe this speaks volumes about where are young guys are in terms of leadership in the eyes of our coaches. Maybe Chad Henne/Pennington, Brandon Marshall, Ricky Williams, Jake Long (who spoke extensively this offseason about being more of a vocal leader) and Ronnie Brown are stepping in to leadership roles both by example and vocally for the offense.

Maybe the same can be said for Randy Starks, Yeremiah Bell, Karlos Dansby and Channing Crowder on defense. It is possible that the coaching staff believes in our front line starters so much that they are willing to bet that it will be passed down to the next wave automatically, so the need for vets like Grant, Douglas and Will Allen aren't really needed any more.

Or maybe Sparano and company are like I was as a kid and simply likes to play with their toys until they break...

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I think they are happy with their Db depth and want more developmental Bigs.

I've speculated before that they plan on developing Bigs and Left Tackles the way some teams develop Qb's, and this year that has born out.

Reitz and Parnell are outstanding athletes with size, so is Geathers.

And I'm curious to see who winds up on the practice squad.

And that "certainly maybe" kills me, what an outstanding example of CoachSpeak.

It sounds sincere but actually means nothing at all.

4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    This isn't all the explanation we'll get. Jeff Darlington is hinting on Twitter that he has some information to be revealed tomorrow.

Bpk likes this.
  5. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    You know, I've been a fan just long enough to enjoy watching a head coach fall apart for my own team. This one sounds like it could be epic.

BTW- very nice with the positive dismissive affirmation call.

padre31 likes this.
  6. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Not from Sparano himself, they do not roll that way, Darlington will cite a "source" which means the entire Darlington column can be disavowed.

Bpk likes this.
  7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Everything I've seen, read and watched of Karlos Dansby tells me he is the leader of this defense. He's only been here a few months, but i guarantee he has all of their respect. He will make plays, he will work his *** off and if the defense fails at any point, he will be the first to say it and own up to it. We didn't just sign one of the best LBs in the game, we signed one of the best captains a team could have as well.

Yeremiah is also another guy who has to be looked at as a leader. Veteran, coming off a pro bowl, working in a unit with nothing but young guys. If this secondary is going to get it together, it will be by his influence.

As for the DL, strongest unit we have IMO. Starks, Langford, and Oddrick (with Soliai and McDaniel) all know what is expected of them.

djphinfan likes this.
  8. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm..I do not see Sparano falling apart, what I do see is Sparano defaulting back to what he knows, he is a Teacher first and foremost, and the Staff is manned with Fmr Head Coaches so his culture is one of teaching a certain discipline and technique and that is what he is comfortable with doing.

John Beck was the surprise cut back in 08..along with Zach Thomas, pretty much the same reactions to..ZOMG!

Trading Taylor was met with mixed emotions.

I'm going to add a third theme to the 2010 season:

-Nolan had better be the Nin-ja Tokoru Black Bag o Tricks Defensive Coordinator master or it will be a long season.

-Chad Henne had better be a Starting NFL Qb who produces at a high level

-Do not, under any circumstances, fall in love/root for/ any player outside of the Starting 22 players, they all are expendable, from Benny Sapp to Pat McQuistan.

Bpk and siciliansith like this.
  9. Samphin

In case anyone doesn't know, Yeremiah Bell is the longest tenured Dolphin currently. The Bullfrog is hopefully a team captain this year.

djphinfan likes this.
  10. CaribPhin

CaribPhin Guest

Sky tearing open yet?

11. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Couldn't believe the rhetoric in that quote from above so I just watched the presser. Sparano kinda garbled his words at the time of his infamous quote and I'm not gonna jump on coach for that.

He looks thinner than ever and was very bristly at the beginning refusing to give reasons for the decisions made over the last couple of days. I wouldn't certainly maybe say he's falling apart, but he looks like he's suffering from information overload.

12. DOLPHAN1

DOLPHAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

I see what you did there....:shifty:

Until the wheels come completely off I will stand by these guys. Completely transformed this team, now let's see what they do with it.

Pandarilla likes this.
  13. Mcduffie81

Mcduffie81 Wildcat Club Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Lake Worth, Fl.
    Im tired of all the crying around here. The season hasnt started. Get a GRIP!

14. Bpk

Bpk Premium Member Luxury Box

Man, I wish we would do Hard Knocks.. just once, so I could see how they think about and discuss roster cuts.

15. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Yeah, right. Sparano is always entirely forthcoming with the whole truth and nothing but the truth. That's why we know exactly what happened with Matt Roth.

16. Pandarilla

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    That's easy...

Here's Sparano

[​IMG]

And Here's Bill

[​IMG]

And just for kicks, here's Ireland

[​IMG]
    Your mom's a whore!

17. Samphin

I managed to sneak out some still shots for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:shifty:

Pandarilla likes this.
  18. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sparano is in control..I see nothing to be worried about...He knows this team has been taking heat, and I think he's smilin inside.

adamprez2003 likes this.
  19. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    you just nailed it. Rather than bemoaning the fact that we got rid of a bunch of 30 year olds who could add to our depth, the real story here is the coaching staff feels comfortable enough with our front line guys that they felt they could afford to pick up these physical monstrosities and try to develop them. This is very good news though obviously its going to be contingent on how well they evaluated what they have as starters. They seem to be pretty good evaluators so I'm even more confident that our preseason offensive line woes were more a product of preseason vanilla outcomes and less about the lines individual ability. We will come out and have a good game vs Buffalo and the line will be ready.

As for the pickups, have you seen the size of these guys? Jeezus, but we better not play in Japan or we will frighten the hellout of the populace since they will be convinced that Godzilla had children and they have returned

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Gojirra?

GOJIRRA!!!

adamprez2003 likes this.
  21. Frumundah Finnatic

Frumundah Finnatic U Mad Miami?

Dec 2, 2007
    Miami FL
    :omg: