1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano wants Jake Long to learn from Taylor, Holliday

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, May 4, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    - Dolphins coach Tony Sparano has advised Jake Long it would be in his best interest to become instant buddies with Jason Taylor and Vonnie Holliday.

Sparano's hope is that the Dolphins' two veteran pass rushers will take a liking to their new teammate and eventually mentor the draft's No. 1 overall pick, speeding up his development as the starting left tackle.

"They need to be your best friends," Sparano said he told Long. "He kind of looked at me and wondered why I would say something like that. I've seen it all the time happen to young players. They go against the veteran players and the veteran players can help them with some of the craft, some of the things they expect or that give them some problems.

link to rest of story
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolnotes04sbmay04,0,399360.story

2. jaxdolfan

jaxdolfan Journeyman

Apr 16, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Doesn't seem like Parcells gives a **** about Jake Long even meeting Jason Taylor.

3. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    He has to face the best pass rushers in the league as left tackle, every game! To learn from our guys on the team can only help him!

4. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    I couldnt agree more with this. Get great defensive guys like this to give away their secrets to Jake, and let him try and figure out ways to stop them, just give him the inside edge. That could be huge down the road for the development of Jake Long... now if only JT would show up... hmmm.