1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano turns Dolphins into winners

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    He told me to get a pair of pom poms!:lol:

dolfan32323 likes this.
  2. mullingan

mullingan New Grandbaby Pic!!!

Nov 27, 2007
    Gainesboro, TN
    How cool is it to be a Miami Dolphin fan at this moment?!?!?!??! Get up and read uplifting articles about the success we are having. Also knowing that a foundation for continued success has been put down.

3. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ

It's great like a little kid on christmas :yes:

mullingan and Fin Fan In Cali like this.
  4. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    I open up my local paper, and this article was in it with a nice pic of Tony.

Sparano turns Dolphins into winners

5. Mrtree

Mrtree Juan Huron's agent

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    That line is pure gold.

6. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLMl0CLIDLg"]YouTube - Bull Durham's "Into the Shower" scene[/ame]

7. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Agua and anlgp like this.
  8. late again

late again Senior Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Something I wonder about:
    Looking at our one year turn around, as well as ATL's - how much patience will team owners have with future HC hires?
    Sparano and Smith have set the bar really, really high. Two teams that were in total disarray just a year ago have done a complete about face and are now contending. I mean we've seen it done here in Miami with a few key FA acquisitions - none broke the bank. And one successful draft.
    It's funny because if you just give it a superficial overview, the formula seems fairly simple. However, we as Dolphin fans, after several years of futility, know it's not simple.
    In any event, I wonder if our success will lead to a few more HC changes than we normally see. I also wonder if more owners will realize the importance of a symbiotic relationship between the HC, GM, Head of Football Operations, etc.

anlgp likes this.
  9. Onehondo

Onehondo Senior Member Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    Tony Sparano is the Job Superintendant, but Bill Parcells is the Architect. Without Parcells ability to wait and get the right people to put in the right places this would not be possible.
    Thats not meant to minimize Sparano's impact on the team or Ireland's abilities as GM, because they have both done outstanding jobs.
    Its so nice to feel respected once again.