1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano says he needs to see 8-10 do some things Thurs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Sep 1, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    8-10 guys?

Who?

Hmmm:

1. Lex Hilliard
    2. John Nalbone
    3. JD Folsom
    4. Andrew Gardner

Who are the other 6?

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    wake, london, mcdaniel, dotson........

3. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Maybe, the thing of that is, Sparano mentioned roster or practice squad, none of those guys are either eligible for the PS or likely to last being put on the Squad.

And McD doesn't play ST.

4. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    Rod Wright, Moses. I think Wake is safe.

5. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Imho, both Moses and Wake are safe, they got run time with the first stringers and performed well, Rod Wright should probably go on the list, though he may be a goner and not one of the 8-10 players Sparano was referencing.

6. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    McDaniel and Wake are near locks on the roster, especially McDaniel. McDaniel has been subbing in with the ones the entire preseason.

7. Drowning

Drowning ONCE MORE UNTO THE BREACH

Dec 20, 2007
    If Cameron Wake doesn't make the 53 man roster I will begin to lose confidence in this staff. Cameron Wake has shown that he has the ability to give OC's migranes especially if used in a JT mold.

padre31 likes this.
  8. Big Red

Big Red Long Lasting Freshness

Oct 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    1. Haynos
    2. Nalbone
    3. Anderson
    4. Moses
    5. Frye
    6. Garner
    7. Folsom
    8. Kershaw
    9. London
    10. Lewis

9. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Haynos or Nalbone will stick due to the need for a third Te, Anderson is the ST tackler/play maker, Moses is JT's backup.

But the other players...yep.

10. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Cam Wake has made himself into someone that has to be accounted for this preseason, leave a scrub on Wake and the Qb will get sacked or pressured, however that is our view.

What is Sparano thinking about Cam?

Drowning likes this.
  11. Drowning

Dec 20, 2007
    I know I'd be thinking of all the various ways I'm going to blitz him. In the Tampa game, towards the end, JT was blitizing from almost the nickle DB position he was so far wide. I'd love to see Wake in that same blitz.

As far as I can tell, JT has lost a step and I think it's been evident since a slow Culpepper beat him to the corner of the endzone.

12. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    In my mind,
    1) London (this may be to showcase him for a trade)
    2) Haynos
    3) Nalbone
    4) Turner
    5) Frye
    6) Anderson

and our backup ILB, esp.
    7) Walden (ok, I guess he is OLB)
    8) Kershaw

that doesn't mean all of these guys are code red for cuts, but that it will affect what playing time they might see, and determine how hard they can the Sept 5th waiver wire. I think backup LB and a special teams is a particular area to be concerned about.

NJFINSFAN1 and padre31 like this.
  13. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm...I'm not 100% JT has lost that step, he did miss sacking McCown in Tampa by a step, but then again...two a day legs and the third game in 11 days.

As for Cam Wake, man, when Nate Jones scored the sack on McCown he went underneath a Wake double team, the word is sort of out on Mr. Wake, single block him at your Qb's peril.

To me, Wake draws such a predictable reaction that a Def Cord can use that on all manner of twists and stunts, Wake a RDE and JT or JP can come underneath his speed rushing arc and face a running back or no one on the path to the Qb.

Wake is one of the 42 players who made the grade imho.

14. Drowning

Dec 20, 2007
    I'd hate to lose Hilliard. The kid runs downhill with bad intentions. I see a reall football player there. Handling our RB situation must really be a point of dispair for the staff. I know they like Hilliard. They selected him. But can you roster 4 RBs? And Cobbs would be the one I'd hate to lose most. He just does it all and does it better than average.

I've also seen ability in William Kershaw. He's impressed me a heck of a lot more than Charlie Anderson which should be progressing instead of regressing.

15. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Anderson is better at ST, hopefully Anderson/Kershaw/Folsom is one of the slots that Sparano is speaking of, Kershaw has impressed at ILB.

16. Drowning

Dec 20, 2007
    I've actually seen Anderson miss 2 tackles on kick offs this preseason. That's why I brought his name up. And he's shown me nothing on defense over Kershaw.

17. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    He also has had a strip on a punt coverage and Anderson does apply pressure to the Qb.

Kershaw is a back up ILB type who will rarely see the field over CC, Akin A and Torbor.

18. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey
    Turner is definitely one.

Moses I think is safe.

I think you will see Hillard at FB Thursday and more on special teams.

19. Drowning

Dec 20, 2007
    That may be true.

I haven't been all to impressed with Akin's tackling as of late either though. This regime likes to boast about having those younger guys out on the field and Ayodele is turning 30 on the 17th. It's a stretch, I know.

Walden seems to be the odd man out and I think Folsom will make it clear through wires for a practice squad spot. With Roth seeming more and more to be heading to the inactive PUP list, I think we can roster 7 LBs.

I forgot about Moses. Darn.

20. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Hmm...I see Walden as Anderson's main competition for a roster spot, both players are good, and have made plays on defense, Walden works cheaper though, and is a clearer backup for JT/Moses/Porter/Wake.

Walden can play either side at OLB, Anderson's role has been supplanted by JT and Wake, so it comes down to ST between the two of them.

I also think Kershaw is practice squad eligible.

Akin A has not been very solid this preseason, in fact he has bounced off of tackles several times so far...Kershaw is a big hitter type of ILB who is much more explosive but much less savvy.

Many people do not realize Akin A has made the pro bowl and his 08 stats are mirror images of Bart Scott's.

21. m ino

m ino New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    one of those on that list imo should be phillip merling. he really needs to start stepping up his play or he could be on the ps himself.from what i can tell he has started to fall out of favor with the fo and hasn't played this season like the steal we were supposed to get in the 2nd round.the fact that randy starks and mcdaniels have moved up ahead of him even with the "it's preseason" notion does not bode well for him.