1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano Rewards Team With Extra Time Off; Other Notes

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
    Sparano Rewards Team With Extra Time Off; Other Notes
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/sparano-rewards-team-extra-time-other-notes

"

Miami Dolphins Transcripts - 10/15/09
    http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/miami-dolphins-transcripts-101509

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks Anthony, I looked all over for this transcipt yesterday... good stuff!

If anyone figures out where they are hiding the transcripts and archives I would be grateful if you would let me know. I have looked all over for the transcripts several times as I like to read and listen at the same time.. it allows me to actually understand the questions to Coach.

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    is it me, or does it seem like there are a lot less aquavision interviews since the new dolphin website started.

calphin and padre31 like this.
  4. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Good stuff, thanks. I too would love to find out where they hide the transcripts, I can hardly ever hear the questions. Maybe its just my old age and poor hearing, but, it would be nice to be able to read along.

cnc66 likes this.
  5. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    I can never hear the questions either. Have to guess by listening to coach.

6. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Purist Emeritus

Sep 10, 2009
    Boone, NC
    Phins.com usally lists a link to transcripts.

7. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    I guess I am old school but remember Pat Riley in the playoffs? How he turned off his cell phone, went to sleep early and only focused on the game? No tv, no nothing. I feel like the Dolphins should have this type of intesntiy, not necessarily that extreme, but some type of "do or die" mentality. Its only 17 weeks of the year and I honestly do not feel we are good enough to be having days off, especially after winning only 2 out of our 5 games. I know Dolfans are definitely going to disagree with me but come on, show all out intensity for 20 weeks and that will better our chances for bringing home the Lombardi trophy. I mean lets face it Dolfans, everything went our way offensively Monday night against the Jets and yet we only beat them by 4 points with 10 seconds left to go in the game. Another truth is if Ricky or Ronnie goes down, the Wildcat will become useless because the whole point of why the Dolphins run it better than anyone else in the league is because we have Ronnie Brown taking the snap and Ricky Williams coming across with the sweep and the defenders bite. So what happens if either Ricky or Ronnie get injured? I dont know, but I feel no second should be wasted but thats just me. Again, I know Dolfans are gonna say, "we"ll be fine" but I want to see the Fins win the Super Bowl, not just do "fine".

8. eric

eric New Member

Oct 11, 2009
    we'll be fine.

your being too controlling and demanding. a day off is great for team morale and health. especially when you don't have a game to play this week. and we will be lucky to make the playoffs. don't go around saying a day off in a bye week cost this rebuilding team a super bowl this year.

i think we at least need an inside linebacker, receiver and safety before we see a super bowl.

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Fighter of the Nightman

May 9, 2008
    You only get one bye week a season, it's important to rest up and recharge those batteries for the push. It's not as if this week has been wasted or anything. They've practiced, watched film, etc... and have a head start for next weeks game.

Regardless of the bye week, Ricky or Ronnie going down will **** us up a bit. not sure why that's such a concern for you now.

padre31 likes this.
  10. krypto

krypto Banned

Sep 22, 2009
    This isn't madden. At the the end of the day, it is whichever team executes better will win. Any team in the NFL could make it to the playoffs, its whoever executes. You see as the team focusing hard for 20 weeks being too controlling and too demanding, and i look at professionals doing their job, being professionals. Remember, these are professionals, not kids playing street ball. Every year for the Fins is a rebuilding year and its getting old. Let's face it, Ricky said he is playing one more year and thats it. Ronnie Brown has yet to impress as a conventional running back. As of right now, we could do whatever we want offensively and we should take advantage of that. I don't know, i guess i'm just old school and dont want to keep hearing about "tomorrow" and "we'll be fine" when we havent done anything for anyone to logically say we'll be fine. The new school is all about, "we'll be fine" and old school goes along the lines of, "we want to be amazing". If you're fine with the Fins just doing fine then whats the point of being a fan? Dudes nowadays are fine with good records but i guess i am stubborn where my view is without a championship, the season was a failure, because isnt that why you play? to win the championship? dont take it the wrong way, but i am a passionate SPORTS fan and its all about the championships. at the end of the day, we're all Dophins brothers. :hi5:

11. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    Bro I understand your thinking, but we need to re-charge, get healthy, because the rest of the schedule demands the very best of this team. Let's enjoy the down time, and watch the Saints game and get ready for them.:wink2:

12. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    :yes:

Intensity and attention to detail are as important to me as they are to anyone, but even the most focused of people need a break from the Grind.

The Dolphins have been going non stop since the Spring, even the break between the Rookie Mini Camp and the start of Training Camp had voluntary workouts and weight room sessions in between April and September added in are film sessions late into the night and no one is that focused so as to not need a break from it all.

Even the most intense body builders work in cycles and after this semi break they will be right back at it, but those nicks and bruises will have a chance to heal.

For example, Joey Porter has to get his hamstring right.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  13. Thunderbolt89

Thunderbolt89 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Completely agree with both of you besides after the good Monday night game and the bye week,now is the perfect time for them to rest. I will also be watching the Saints and Giants game because it looks like one of the best games of the week to me,I can't wait to see that game.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.