1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano pointed out we play 3 preseason games in 10 days

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by padre31, Aug 3, 2009.

1. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    I listened to the HC Sparano presser on aquavision several times this evening and he made a great point, the Phins will play 3 games in 10 days this preseason.

To me that means the players, the bubble players, will have additional pressure to perform and to do so in a hurry as we play the Jags, the Panthers and the Bucs in the Aug 17 to 27th window.

Which players will benefit the most from that, and which ones will be hurt the most?

To me, what this means is the rookies and untested players are going to see the field...alot...the Wakes and Clemmons and Turners and Nalbone's.

Putting Vets in that situation is a recipe for injuries like hamstrings and groin issues.

2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

Play the rookies it's the only way they'll know what they've got and the only way we'll know how they're doing.

**** man we've already got "the toughest schedule in the league" pre-season may as well be a ***** too..

3. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    had noticed this before, still not quite sure as to how i think about it.

4. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    Well, the rooks should look at this as an opportunity, and cats like Moses and Wake and Anderson will have a chance to show what they are made of.

Henne and White are in for an interesting 10 days, Sparano also mentioned he wants to see what Henne can do in the 8 minutes of halftime.

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

What do you mean in the 8 minutes of halftime?

6. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    sparano wants to see how henne handles adjustments during halftime and then comes out in the third.

anlgp likes this.
  7. padre31

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    As a practical matter, a team has 8 minutes during halftime to make adjustments and Sparano wants to see how Henne, and presumably White, handles the adjustments.

BTW, I read some of Reggie White's autobiography and he mentioned that most guys have to use the john during halftime.

8. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

Never thought of that, but I can imagine there are some lines at the johns at halftime. I know I sure would need to, but a lot of that is my old age. :sad:

9. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    this will actually help us. we play the bucs and panthers in a 4 days span during the REGULAR SEASON.

anlgp likes this.
  10. Rhody Phins Fan

Rhody Phins Fan Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    If I was a runningback I would just piss my pants. Who wants to tackle a guy soaked in uran. You trade in a little self respect for a better chance of a broken tackle.

padre31 likes this.