1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano nervous but not about the Chargers

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Oct 4, 2008.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Its not the Chargers that worry him.....well maybe just a little :wink2:

Is the new sod that has been laid out in Dolphin Stadium

He is referring to the game that will be played on Saturday between the UM an the noles.

He is mostly concerned about the kicking game

The groundskeeper say there is nothing to worry about except for.......

Havent they ever heard of Murphy ? :pointlol:

Dolphins notebook: Sparano says new sod 'nerves him up a little bit' -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

2. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Thanks Derek, good/scary read. It is a 50% shot of rain from now until after gametime, with 80% this evening across the UM FSU game. A mostly stalled frontal boundry that has been pushing back and forth across south Florida is the culprit. This time it is moving north. The thing about these systems is that sometimes the rain bands will become entrenched... not moving, creating what is called a "train" effect. One of those over the stadium..... We will have a wet field and game no matter, maybe REALLY wet.. I think that is ous advantage.

CrunchTime likes this.
  3. 54Fins

54Fins "In Gase we trust"

Nov 29, 2007
    over there
    If the field is in bad playing condition,it might give us somewhat of an advantage.
    I like the idea of SD not being able to pass the ball all over the field.We have done a good job throughout the years of containing LT.Sproles might be a problem though.
    R&R should get plenty of carries,with a few quick hits to Fasano to keep them off balance with those short throws.This could end up being a lower scoring game which will help us a bunch. Dolphins win!

Fin Fan In Cali and azfinfanmang like this.
  4. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    All good points. Slowing down the game does indeed play into our favor IMO. With the power of Ronnie and Ricky and Fasano being our key receiver, I agree this could actually be a good thing

Of course, there is the injury concern....

:praying:

WharfRat likes this.
  5. cnc66

cnc66 wiley veteran, bad spelur Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    wet fields favor the receiver.. "they" know where they are going. :(

Lordy, could it be any sexier than a friggen smash mouth mud bowl where our running backs maul them for 60 minutes and the defense shuts them down... please please please

Bpk, HugeFinFan, WharfRat and 4 others like this.
  6. Fin Fan In Cali

Fin Fan In Cali Dolphin fan since 1970 Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    So. Cal
    LT coming off the bad toe may be more tentative. Sproles has a burst and has been doing really well as a returner, and RB. If conditions are not ideal, he is the one that I think we will have to really clamp down on. If special teams doesn't play well, he will eat us up.

7. dolphindebby

dolphindebby Season Ticket Holder Luxury Box

Nov 26, 2007
    GA
    A dream come true Marty.

WharfRat and cnc66 like this.
  8. BigDogsHunt

BigDogsHunt Enough talk...prove it!

Nov 27, 2007
    DC Metro Area
    Yes, Dolphins LOGO will be on the field....sad to have to be excited over such a little logical thing.

cnc66 likes this.
  9. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    so the Dolphins logo will be at midfield this season? Excellent news! It really bothered me for some reason to hear it wouldn't be there at all...glad to hear that wasn't true.

10. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Just curious - anyone know what color unis the Dolphins will be wearing? I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but just thought of it.

11. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007

Some water on the field WILL usually favor the receiver, however, a soggy field also affects the receiver/QB timing and can also greatly affect the QB's ability to plant and throw.
    This might actually be another plus for the Phins as our Long-passing game isnt really a threat to begin with and that is what will be affected the most. San Diego's ability to go deep to Gates and Chambers should be affected IMO.

cnc66 likes this.
  12. texanphinatic

texanphinatic Senior Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Detroit Metro Area MI
    No doubt, he gives them some great field position. If they are starting drives from the 40 or even in our territory most of the game like they were in the second half against Oakland we will lose.

Fin Fan In Cali likes this.
  13. AbideN703

AbideN703 Yes, I'd hit it

Jan 7, 2008
    Springfield, Virginia
    White on white probably man :up:

RoninFin4 likes this.
  14. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Sproiles and tomlinson on turf or dry grass...adavantage chargers....sproiles and LT on wet muddy grass...advantage dolphins..i shall start my ancient americam indian rain dance now.