1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano Is Hard On Henne

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Georgia Fin, Aug 27, 2008.

1. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I think we have ourselves a ball coach for the first time since Shula and hopefully a promising young QB along with him.

RevRick and PMZQ like this.
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Lets play some games first guys...Sparano isn't the second coming just yet...

3. brandon27

brandon27 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Windsor, ON. CANADA
    tough love. gotta love it! Thats the best way to do this thing here with Henne. He's a tough guy, physically and mentally. he can take a coach yelling at him. the good thing here is its going to get henne to acknowledge his mistakes, and learn from them before they become bad habits. Nothing wrong with that.

4. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I like our coach, hes tough but honest and if you cant handle it then we dont want ya anyway..i trust our regime......I Respect The Code.

TheMageGandalf and alen1 like this.
  5. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I really like Henne. He looks like he can be something special for us. He make smart decisions (i.e. Against JAX, he went through his reads and saw nothing so got a short gain with his feet instead of throwing it into coverage like some young guys would). He looks comfortable back there and looks like he belongs. However, I'm not going to get overly optimistic. I've done it before and have been disappointed but I do like what I see from him.

As for Sparano, I really like what he brings to the table as a Head Coach. He's a tough SOB that will tell you how it is and if you don't like it, deal with it. If he's not impressed, he'll let you know. He demands respect and you have to love that each player is giving it.

One thing that I really liked was the "striving for perfection" part of the article. I know teams look for that in their players but the stress on it doesn't seem to do stand out. I hope that the "striving for perfection" saying will be stressed in Miami. I recently watched America's Game on NFLN and it was about the 1980's Raiders. They were lead by Gene Upshaw, Tim Hendricks and Matt Millen. I believe "striving for perfection" was one of the two things that were stressed, the other being "cheating is encouraged." That year, they won the Super Bowl. The Patriots recently stressed that saying and they nearly did it,coming up one game short. While I'm not saying is that we will be SB contenders but I do think that the saying is important because it sets high expectations. Those guys who continually commit those false start penalties or pass interference penalties need keep that in mind.

TheMageGandalf likes this.
  6. phinphever

phinphever Punk, Make My Day!!

Dec 20, 2007
    Ocala, FL
    Good! Toughen him up, he will need it.