1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano/Henne, next year

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by the 23rd, Nov 30, 2011.

1. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    we could always banter about the merits of bringing back Colombo @ LT, but I'd like to cut to the chase...
    remember all those Chad Henne advocates? how about the many Sparano supporters? What's to become of these guys?
    still think Sparano is HeadCoach material? want him back next season? how about the incredible Henne? still think he is the future of the franchise? tell me about it. I'm ready to listen now. :yes: I took a beating for two years on this forum over my steadfast views on the two of them. Now I'd like to hear your assessment once again on the subject. Go for it. tell me about the franchise & how these two incompetents will fit into it in 2012.

2. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    Oh but lets not forget about you claiming that Penny was the answer last season.

jetssuck and Ohio Fanatic like this.
  3. Bumrush

Bumrush Stable Genius Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Yes- I think Sparano should sign a 20 year extension with the team to overtake Shula's tenure here, and I think that Henne will break all of Marino's records next year.
    Any other questions, Dolphins Oracle?

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Post Hard, Post Often Club Member

Mar 22, 2008
    I suggest everyone here start behaving like adults, before we start treating you like children. If you have nothing to say about the subject of the thread, then please move along

5. Tone_E

Tone_E Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Seriously, how do you expect this post to be received? You took a lot of flack, and it was fun being the spectator, but you endless pessimism and BS posts borders on narcissism. Enough already man!

You want to know whats going to happen to the Henne and Sparano supporters? They will support the next QB and Coach. That is what being a fan is about. Re-read the posts, no-one said Sparano and Henne is the next coming of God and Jesus to the NFL. There were good debates, and then people like you who just come in with blind and baseless opinions to ruin everything and force a crowd to split.

Go somewhere else, perhaps the rant section where you state the franchise should move.

The franchise is good where it is, maybe you aren't. Go be a GB fan or something.

aesop, DHPVW, Ohio Fanatic and 14 others like this.
  6. DePhinistr8

DePhinistr8 Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    Weren't you the one sayin' Henne "made his bones" and Sparano was this inspirational leader of men? Selective memory at its best.

Moves, jetssuck, Ophinerated and 2 others like this.
  7. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    :dolphin:what can I say?
    no one likes to hear they were wrong, especially when they were so unkind in insisting on their error.
    I understand completely & this will be my last post on the thread. enjoy!

Gofish!:dolphin:

8. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    dolphin or dol·phins 1. Any of various marine cetacean mammals, such as the bottle-nosed dolphin, of the family Delphinidae, related to the whales but generally smaller and having a beaklike snout.

SICK likes this.
  9. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    Don't Sour the Milk of Human Kindness.....

aesop, SCall13, ToddsPhins and 9 others like this.
  10. JimToss

JimToss Thank You Chad Pennington

Oct 11, 2009
    Delaware
    05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
    I guess you gained your superpowers after 2010!
    Unless you live in an alternate reality where Henne is indeed the "charm" and Pat White is a hell of a scat back.

Sometimes resurrecting threads is a *****.....

11. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    Henne isn't playing but I felt he was their best option when he was there. Moore's play has proved me wrong as of now. I did not advocate a change in coaching this year and do not believe it would have made more than 1-2 win difference this year. All this being said, you are ranting about your great abilities of prediction and football knowledge but you are the same person who was like a puppy humping a pillow when Thigpen went in last year. He was the savior, the QB that would save the season, blah blah blah.

How many more threads will you start by claiming not only were you right but you have always been right in your predictions?

Moves and Ophinerated like this.
  12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Whoops.

jetssuck, JimToss and SICK like this.
  13. Ophinerated

Ophinerated Preposterous!

Apr 1, 2008
    I see you stuck by that statement, too.

EDIT: LOL... he deleted his post that prompted me to respond to this... I knew I should have quoted both posts. LOL!

dolfan32323 likes this.
  14. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Draft Forum Moderator Luxury Box

Dec 1, 2007
    Personally I would be glad to admit exactly when I believed in Sparano and exactly when I stopped. Prior to 2010, I still believed in him. Toward the end of the season, that belief in him was stretching thin, and in Week 17 of the 2010 season that belief in Tony Sparano as a Head Coach of the Miami Dolphins snapped.

Prior to Week 17, I still would have better-dealed Tony Sparano for Jim Harbaugh because I was just that high on Jim Harbaugh the coach, and had been for many years. But after Week 17, there was no doubt in my mind that the Dolphins needed to throw everything they had into firing Tony Sparano, not just hiring Jim Harbaugh but getting rid of Tony for the sake of getting rid of him.

As for Chad Henne, I was as optimistic about him after 2009 as anyone. But my faith in him snapped somewhere around mid season 2010.

Thing is...I'm not going to lie, taking a strong stance against Tony Sparano and Chad Henne around here during this off season was met with extreme derision, pettiness, immaturity, childish behavior, name-calling, ganging up on, breaking of the TOS, etc. So when the 23rd comes in here with his own pettiness trying to rub it in everyone's face that he was right, I can at least see where that bitterness comes from for better or worse.

Aquafin, ssmiami, RevRick and 3 others like this.
  15. dolfan32323

dolfan32323 ty xphinfanx

Nov 27, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yeah... things definitely were getting heated on these boards then. Gotta love the passion we all share for the Phins though, regardless.

Ophinerated likes this.
  16. pacadermng67

pacadermng67 New Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Vienna, VA
    Its really pointless now, IMO Henne most likely wont be coming back. I still think he can be a solid QB and still believe that he is better than Sanchez. I honestly like the guy and am just disappointed he didnt get to go the whole season. Its a moot point now but I wish him success, but would prefer he wins in the NFC.

17. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

When was the last time Colombo played Left Tackle?

As for Henne, before he got hurt, he was showing some improvement IMO, and if we resigned him to compete with MM and our first round rookie, I wouldn't consider it a bad idea.
    However, Henne would probably be better off to get a fresh start elsewhere.

MAFishFan, Aquafin, RevRick and 4 others like this.
  18. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

Just going by memory, it seems like those of us who supported Henne in the offseason were met with extreme derision, ridicule, etc, at times too. It went both ways.

pacadermng67, Moves, RevRick and 8 others like this.
  19. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I'll say this 23rd, you didn't support the two before the 2011 season, I did, and their both not likely to be here next year, so you can say it, it don't bother me, my reasons to support were based on what I think is fair in this game with the cards that your dealt...I still don't think my analysis of the QB was inaccurate, the player was ascending, relative to his draft status, and some shady variables, and I coveted Jim Harbaugh.

MrClean likes this.
  20. PhinsRock

PhinsRock Premium Member Luxury Box

And the value of this thread is? Would prefer a thread promoting harmony in the "family" of posters. We all want the Fins to win, and hope springs eternal. Your post smacks of bitterness and I hope you put it behind you very soon.

Personally almost every player/coach I have supported here, has been a disappointment, but I don't take it personally when called out on my errors, I prefer to use it as a growth mechanism.

I was a supporter of Sparano and Henne, but this season that opinion has turned around 100%. Moving along already, in fact somewhat excited about getting a good HC and drafting a Franchise QB. With a 2-8 record, this season is a bust and I can't wait to get it over with and see what this offseason brings.

21. Zod

Zod Ruler of the Universe

Nov 25, 2007
    Charred Walls of the Damned (Fiedler/Wannstedt) revisited.........

22. RevRick

RevRick Long Haired Leaping Gnome Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Thomasville, GA
    Ah, yes. Weren't those such charming, even-tempered, and insightful conversations????? At least a few of us grew up during that phase. Thanks be to God.

Zod likes this.
  23. PHINANALYST

PHINANALYST Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2008
    North Carolina
    still back Henne as a competent QB in this league -- but realize that it won't be here ... most likely anyway

didn't really like Sparano going into '10 ... and certainly didn't want him by the end ... and definitely didn't want him to return - nice guy, bad HC.

24. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    Tony Sparano has a 28-31 record heading into Sunday's game.The Dolphins would need to win 4 of the last 5 to get him to .500 as a head coach.........That's one Hell of a milestone for a Miami head coach!!! Should he reach .500 in four years, we give him another extension. (Sarcasm)

25. pitted151

pitted151 New Member

Sep 21, 2011
    South Florida
    Nice Guy? have you met him in person? I'm not doubting you, but everytime I hear him give a press conference, I want to throw a brick at my $1,500 tv! Tony has the most annoying New York accent I ever heard!!!!!!!!!! I want him gone just for the reason I'm embarrassed he is the face of the Miami Dolphins franchise!! Nice guy or not, he's terrible as HC and has yet to fully understand when the proper time to call a time out. If I have to watch him wave players off and on the field after every play next season, I will vomit!!!!

26. GreysonWinfield

GreysonWinfield Release The Hounds

Nov 1, 2009
    $1,500 TV? That **** better give happy ending when watching certain types of movies.

27. Dolfan4Life

Dolfan4Life BostonStrong

May 3, 2008
    Germany
    I wouldn't mind Henne! :couch: But no Sparano! :pity:

aesop and Styla like this.
  28. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Never seen the point of the " I told you so" posts. Everyone here is right sometimes, wrong sometimes. I definitely wanted Sparano fired in the offseason, the whole chasing Harbaugh thing was so horribly mishandled it had to blow up on us, but I still don't see the reasoning in starting a thread just to rub it in someone's face. We've all been wrong about predictions and players (I liked Pat White....) so its all a wash in the end.

MrClean likes this.
  29. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I just find it funny when a guy makes a post with the statement that it's their last in a thread that they made. He's obviously reading every post in this thread but it absolves him from the need to respond to an obviously indefensible statement.

30. aesop

aesop Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    NYC
    I still would like to see Henne back in some capacity. He'd be great competition in camp for any rookie QB we bring in.

31. "I told you so" posts, shows no class.