1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano happy with Ginn

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Rocky Raccoon, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    Miami Dolphins coach: WR Ginn still growing - 09/19/2008 - MiamiHerald.com

I have a feeling Ginn will have some balls thrown his way Sunday, let's hope he can get it going!

2. SICK

SICK Lounge Moderator

Nov 29, 2007
    Charlotte NC
    im the first to bash this guy (ginn) but god im a phin fan....and i pray he lights it up....please ginn.....please make me eat crow for calling you out....ill have crow smothered with bbq sauce and a side of mashed potatos!!!! please prove me wrong! :pray:

azfinfanmang likes this.
  3. Dannyg28

Dannyg28 Say hi to the rings

Jan 4, 2008
    ok.....hes happy with ginn, but took him of special teams and all 3 receiver sets last game...............what

4. GridIronKing34

GridIronKing34 Silently Judging You

Nov 22, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Get outta here you stupid Toronto fan!:pity:

5. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    i thought you're an argonaut fan? :tongue:

anyway, i'm seriously disappointed in Ginn. I think this whole spiel from Sparano is to try and deflect a lack of progress. i think there really is something "up", or else Ginn wouldn't be bumped out of the normal rotation, or at the very least get more looks from Chad. we know that Ginn can make plays, so if they're not using him, there's a reason.

i don't believe that its just because the cards haven't fallen that way. that is complete BS

6. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    i wonder if theyre trying to give away something? usually guys that stand out early in the year are quickly snuffed out because of the lack of game film. but if they start using Ginn more later on, he may have a chance to gain some confidence before the defenses start to realize he is for real. that may be a tragically optimistic viewpoint, but i have faith in Ginn. There's absolutely no way that anyone can convince me that Ginn's explosiveness and game owning ability he had in college, is now gone.

7. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    hey, there was a stat correction on yahoo. they took your win away.

8. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    i just boggled by the fact that one week they take him almost entirely out of the game plan, and then this week supposedly in practice he is getting more snaps than usual with the first team, do the coaches know what they are trying to do with Ginn and the receiving core or are they just gonna just keep shuffling guys in and out?

9. texasPHINSfan

texasPHINSfan New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    x2... didn't Ginn have a KR for a touchdown in the preseason too?

i think the coaching staff just flat-out doesn't know what the piss they're doing.

all this talk about confidence around here, well i'll tell you what. my "confidence" in the coaching staff and some of the decisions being made are certainly in doubt.

10. Dannyg28

Jan 4, 2008
    yes, and he also tourched the jaguars secondary in one pre-season game(granted, it was the pre-season but still). i just don't understand what they are trying to do.:pity:

11. King Felix

King Felix Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 6, 2007
    i now take every word he has to say with a grain of salt. unless they actually involve ginn in the offense sunday

azfinfanmang likes this.
  12. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ
    Oh and we should believe him because ??? is this the guy thats leading our team on on 0-2 start , yea i trust him for sure...:no:

13. Rocky Raccoon

Rocky Raccoon Greasepaint Ghost Staff Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Jersey
    yea, it's Sparano's fault we're 0-2 :rolleyes:

Colorado Dolfan likes this.
  14. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    maybe if the coaches (including sparano) don't give Pennington the option to pass TWICE on a 3rd and goal on the 2, we maybe, MAY be, 1-1. Just maybe.

Oh, I've been railing on Pennington's arm and how his style clashes with Ginns, and guess what, Someone on the press agrees with me:
    Dolphins In Depth
    The fact that it's Armando though, makes me think maybe I'm wrong though :lol:

Larryfinfan and funkdat like this.
  15. funkdat

funkdat New Member

Dec 12, 2007
    The post funk era
    Apparently Tony is happy with everybody in his doghouse :rolleyes:

16. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

Well, as Sparano indicated, perhaps the issue isn't Ginn as much as it is the OL giving CP time to throw and/or CP just not seeing or looking Ginn's way ??

Either way, I'm with ya'....I hope they open things up, like they did in the preseason and start moving the ball...

17. finserg

finserg Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Linden,NJ

Just in case you dont know it start by the coaches ,If it dont matter why did our last coach get fired :yes:

18. GISH

GISH ~mUST wARN oTHERS~

Nov 23, 2007
    Over Yonder
    I think we should shoot first and ask nothing later!!! Send Ginn deep on 75% of plays. Then pick 15% of those plays and throw it to him.

19. resnor

resnor Derp Sherpa

Nov 25, 2007
    New Hampshire
    When they threw twice on the goal line, they did intend to run the ball, on at least the first try, but they didn't have enough guys to block, so they switched to a pass.

Oh, and Cameron had MANY things that were bad coaching last year, that's why he was fired. He lost the team, and he couldn't coach. However, there were many, MANY people on here who, even after going 1-15, still didn't think that Cameron should necessarily be fired. It's really hard to come in, with a team like the Dolphins are, and institute a new offense/defense, and be successful right off the bat. It takes time, and it takes patience. If we keep firing our coaches every year, you will NEVER see any improvement. A coach needs to be able to establish his program, and get his players in there to do what he wants to do. I think any "Fire Sparano" posts/threads should just be deleted at this point in the season.