1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano: Dolphins may add players before opener

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Styla, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Styla

Styla #1 Davone Bess Fan!!!

Apr 1, 2008
    Chillaxin' in So.Cal
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-sparano0826,0,6046939.story

Puka-head and alen1 like this.
  2. IBleedOrangeAndAqua

IBleedOrangeAndAqua New Member

Aug 24, 2008
    I wonder who they are looking at most

3. PMZQ

PMZQ Banned

Nov 24, 2007
    Miami, FL
    It's refreshing to see the team as pro-active instead of getting rid of players at this time of the year. How smart was it to be UNDER the limit, now we can go get some players. The Trio is making me smile a lot lately.

WharfRat, HULKFish and jason8er like this.
  4. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Receivers, I hope. We have some extra depth at safety; I can see sending one of those guys to another team for a legitimate 3rd receiver.

Corner is a big need too, though apparently Parcells thinks rule changes have rendered corners unimportant.

Might be trying to swing some OL depth, as well.

HULKFish likes this.
  5. Puka-head

Puka-head My2nd Fav team:___vs Jets Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Slightly left of center
    I don't see very much WR depth out there right now thats better than what we have. Ther are a couple of teams, Cle and Cinci looking hard for WR at the moment, we may be able to get a pick for Wilford fr Cle today.
    We still need O-line, especially Gaurd, but I could see the picking up a C too. And I don't thinke they'll turn down a CB, not if somebody decent loses out on the #'s game, like Webster fr New England or one of the Oak CB's

6. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Of course we'll check the wire, we'd be absolute fools not to. After last season, you look for help anywhere you can get it waiver wire, Arena league, etc.... There will be some decent players available that teams try to sneak to the practise squad, that's the reason we cut down the roster early, so we can pluck them ASAP. I'm interested to see if we focus on particular positions or just pick them up based on their talent.

7. padre31

padre31 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 22, 2007
    inching to 100k posts
    We need some Oline depth, we are paper thin there and at CB unless the ex Cowpokes are better then advertised or Jason Allen will play all over the field.

8. jason8er

jason8er Luxury Box Luxury Box

Dec 7, 2007
    Beaufort, SC
    This confidence says alot about the homework that they are doing. And, at the same time, says alot about what they thought about the players we've already released. It's almost like saying ANYONE we get now will be an upgrade.

PMZQ likes this.