1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano doesn't want T.O. or Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by TheAnswer385, Mar 23, 2010.

1. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/23/sparano-doesnt-want-to-or-brandon-marshall/

steveincolorado and Fin-Omenal like this.
  2. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Yeah I read that too, suck suck suck...per Omar

OmarKelly
    Just listening to Tony Sparano I have to conclude WR isn't as much of a need as the fan base thinks. He likes his WRs...stone him, not me.

This is disappointing, because if it were, I would have to think they would get BM, it is common sense....for all those who think money is an issue with BM, the FO has the green light....by our very own Tim Graham...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/11857/fins-owner-lets-parcells-spend-whatever

Lastly I think it is safe to say we can all kill the Dez Bryant at 12 pick posts thank god..

3. finsnchips

finsnchips Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    sorry guys... but at this stage of the year what do you expect Sparano to say??

1) He's not gonna rip his current players, he's their coach.

2) He's definitely not gonna come out in the press and mention he want a TO or a Brandon Marshall

3) and he definitely isnt going to say that he wants Dez Bryant, a player that may not even be at #12 when we pick.

He cant showing his hand, especially not at this time of the year. In fact, the only thing the Dolphins have proven is that the want a FS, and have proven this by showing interest in FAs (Rolle and Clark) and draft prospects (meeting with Resahd Jones and Earl Thomas)

At the moment I think that the decisions at #12 comes down to Dez Bryant and Earl Thomas, just my opinion.

finfansince72, cdz12250 and finyank13 like this.
  4. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Provided he's not gone before #12, I think there's a really good chance that you'll be disappointed come draft day.

A month before the draft, you have to take any type of player-related/roster construction comments you hear from the FO with a gigantic grain of salt.

If anything, after hearing these comments, its probably more likely that they're targeting Dez @ #12.

djphinfan likes this.
  5. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    true true.....we will see...u getting psyched for Easter night big boy!!!?? I personally think Dez is gone by 12....I wouldn't be disappointed if they got Thomas at 12 at all....the only way I would be is if they got Bryant...and to some extent Williams...

6. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Absolutely, I know I will get killed for it, but Williams too....

7. azfinfanmang

azfinfanmang Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 23, 2007
    Yep, this exactly.
    WTF is the DUI context even doing in this?
    I am indeed very fortunate I don't have to endure the South Florida Media hacks. Are there any that don't have a visible agenda? Beyond rediculous.

8. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    OmarKelly
    "We did a lot of positive things," Sparano said. "We just have to continue to push the ball downfield and gain some of these chunk yards."

Memo to Tony....you wont be able to with this receiving corp, unless The Family finally breaks out...if Miami did get a true number one, IMO they would have one of the best corps in the game...if that true number one took on doubles, allowing Ginn to be free to fly down field and spread the opposition out of position, allowing all the other possession receivers to work underneath routes, quick slants, out/in......they really at that point could if they wanted to run a spread style offense alla the Pats did in 07...I know they wont cuz Tony and mostly Henning likes the ground game too much...

MonstBlitz likes this.
  9. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Also, FWIW, I wouldn't rule out a potential Marshall acquisition quite yet, either. I have a hard time seeing this organization giving up a high draft pick plus a huge contract but this is interesting nonetheless:

Logically, it makes sense. If Denver isn't going to pay the man, then it would only make sense to move him prior to TC and avoid another potential headache for McDaniels and his staff. With the draft rapidly approaching and no interest at the current price (a 1st rounder), Denver's going to have to consider lowering the price prior-to, or during, the draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5017597

SeanP and finyank13 like this.
  10. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    nice find......it does make sense....the signing of Incognito gives it some hope that they are willing to take on a mental project like BM....honeslty Incognito cost his team way more on the field than BM did his...it is just your worried if when the off season hits for BM.....if they don't get rid of him this year, they get nothing..

11. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I get the feeling sometimes that Tony is a block head...all year long we were like "Where is Turner? How can he not make it on the field? Even when they were out of the hunt all together, why not even try him? Some of the on-field time management issues...I wonder about his intelligence sometimes hahaha I do like him overall though..

OmarKelly
    Tony Sparano admitted that he failed to develop Patrick Turner properly. "I should have gotten him in the game, got him some exposure."

12. finsnchips

finsnchips Season Ticket Holder

Mar 24, 2008
    I was thinking about this earlier, we could even give up the 2011 first for him. If you look at some other trades involving veteran players - Boldin and Cromartie didnt cost that much, and it's not as if Marshall has got a barage of offers on the table.

If I go to bed on 22nd April with both Brandon Marshall and Earl Thomas on our roster, I'd be a very happy camper!!

finyank13 likes this.
  13. adamprez2003

adamprez2003 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2007
    new york ciity
    Good to hear.I felt that the first three picks were going to be olb, nt, te so this just reinforces my belief

14. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Happy that's it bro!!?? I took that Friday off of work...I would drink all night into the next day....

finsnchips likes this.
  15. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    who you think at 12 Prez.....Sergio??

16. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed, too.

I'll put this simply.. I have a hard time believing that the Front Office will be so inept as to continue neglecting the WR and FS positions through the remainder of the offseason (the Draft being essentially the last chance to make amends), especially when you consider how the NFL has transitioned into a pass-happy league.

If the Front Office doesn't address AT LEAST one of those needs in the first couple of rounds, then I will begin to lose faith in the ability of this group (Ireland, Parcells, Sparano, etc.), as currently constructed, to build a SB contender in Miami.

The disappointment will be compounded tenfold if they select one of your aforementioned positions at #12 (OLB, NT or TE), considering there isn't a player likely to be available at any of those positions that will offer even reasonable value in our current draft slot.

Eop05 likes this.
  17. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    I agree, however lets say they dont, and they have the same holes at NT, WR, and FS come April 22.....at that point what is the biggest need out of those 3?? Now while that is up for debate, IMO, even though a solid NT means more in a 3-4, I definately agree with you that there isnt a guy out there that will fill that void, as so we dont have to worry about it anymore...basically any NT in the first is a reach....Same thing for WR, we all read about the play making ability of Dez, but again IMO any WR in the first round is a reach unless it is someone heralded like CJ, AJ, Fitz someone comes out that had top 5 buzz....Dez simply doesn't have that top 5 buzz, even if he is selected in the top 5, he benefits from being the only really good quality WR in the draft, that is top 10 worthy....In the end IMO they will look at what makes sense at 12, as too what their need is, and FS is a major one that someone in the draft is there to fill it...too many big big plays, Thomas is the guy to stop those....

18. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Also just reading about the blurbs with the Sporano interview; he says that TO or BM doesn't fit on the team, but then asked about Dez he says this.....

When asked about Dez Bryant Sparano said it's about adding good players on the team. But "we have to be concerned with all things out there"

that could be taken as his issues, or it can be taken as they are concerned with everything out there in regards of adding good players to the team...which would include draft and non-draft, CFL, everything......(Pads loves that I threw the CFL plug in there)

19. steveincolorado

steveincolorado Spook, Storme & Pebbles

Mar 23, 2008
    Colorado
    I love Tony S. even more now......:tongue2:

20. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    ha ha unbelievable
    i think we should just fire all three of them right now and hire you that way you can have your way. obviously you know way more about putting together a SB contender than the current FO :wink2:

you do realize we havent been neglecting the FS position. In fact they brought two of them in as FA that signed elsewhere. As for WR I really am beginning that some fans would bring in anyone or give up anything just to say we did regardless of whether or not that player fits what we are doing. It is all about big names to some fans. It is ridiculous

this team is in dire need of a few OLB's so get ready to lose faith because they are on their way.

I'll put my faith in the FO to build the team instead of some knee-jerk reaction from a fan who can't have his way :up:

21. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    Hell, what's the point of even having a messageboard? If we as fans aren't allowed to offer our opinions on the construction of the roster and personnel decisions without being chastised for it, then what exactly is the purpose of this board?

And here we go with another poster who's willing to blindly take the Front Offices' personnel decisions as gospel for no good reason other than: "they know more about football than you do." As the basis for an arguement, that line of logic amounts to nothing more than a steaming pile of crap. You must have missed the Eric Green, Gibril Wilson, Ernest Wilford signings and the Pat White/Patrick Turner picks.

This Front Office group isn't infallible and if they have another draft this year that resembles any part of that abortion from last year, then I do believe there's a basis to question whether or not this Front Office is the "right group" to elevate this franchise back into national prominence.

22. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    even if they get some OLB's they wont be an SB contender too....this is a multi year project....I think fans get hung up on that fact, that with a couple of moves it is instant super bowl contender, and I know it is painful to say, especially for me, but it is the truth....I see yours and FPL's views...it isnt unfair to say that if they dont address it you wonder where they are going....I'm all for plugging holes according to what is good that is available...hence the multi year thing....

this year you have had multiple chances and still do to fill holes with quality at the FS, and WR position....just because the FO doesnt see it as a dire needs doesn't mean they wont go after something, look at Incognito, the OL you could say is Miami's best deepest and least dire need, but they sign him.....basically Dilla and your like one of my top 5 posters on here, love your thoughts all the time....but I dont think there is anything knee jerk about wanting a guy like Marshall over an OLB so to speak....

that being said I will now go vomit for kinda sticking up for a Red Sox fan....last time I ever do that....

23. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    dont give me that garbage cause i am probably one the most critical fans at this site. im not blindly taking anyones decisions as gospel but yet i don't cry and say i'm taking my ball and going home if i dont get my way which is exactly what you did in your post. fans like that make me sick. why root for the team if they dont do exactly what you want. I'm not sure the dolphins need fans like that. also you are so damn quick to talk abut how bad last years draft was. are you so impatient that you dont give players time to develop. that is pathetic. you give every player who comes here one year to be a pro bowler. how sad

24. FaninPatsyLand

FaninPatsyLand The Truth

Jun 26, 2008
    :lol:

I'm on a fan messageboard of an organization that has been largely irrelevant for the past 2 decades, yet here you are taking up the duties of a fan officer. Here's a hint: if there's a regular poster around this board these days, its a pretty good bet they're a loyal fan considering the Dolphins recent success (or lackthereof).

As for last year's draft, you'd have to be blind to not clearly see that the Pat White QB experiment was a complete and utter failure. Did you watch the season finale against Pittsburgh?

And finally, its not that I expect draft picks to be Pro-Bowlers in their rookie year, but it would be nice if they weren't inactive on gameday (Turner), either.

25. Killerphins

Killerphins The Finger

Nov 11, 2008
    read my psots from during the season and you will see that I thought the Pat White experiment was a total bust. as far as turner we dont know yet but will agree that sometime we need to find out. the two corners we drafted are both going to be good but you dont seem to want to give them time and we hit with hartline right on. the guy is scrappy and gets after it.

abortion of a draft eh?

26. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    Pat White thing is a bust, he was a second round pick...those have to be starters, not bust, as you are well aware of...

27. finfansince72

finfansince72 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Columbia, South Carolina
    Good for Sparano, glad to hear he's not a fanboy. We can win with our offense having another year under its belt and adding some youngsters, developing what we have. Fans seem oblivious to the fact that our defense cost us enough games to miss the playoffs. I'd love to add a bigplay #1 but its not the end all to us being a contender, our defense is not playoff caliber right now. I'm kind of tired of the TO talk, honestly he's past his prime and I think he's a non issue/notevenworthtalkingabout WR in the NFL right now.

Killerphins likes this.
  28. finyank13

finyank13 Reality Check

Jan 6, 2010
    :up:

29. bluehaze

bluehaze New Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Hard to put any weight into these type of reports given the nature of the game at this point in the season. It's equivalent to looking across to the other side of the poker table and asking your opponent what he's got before you place your bet. Are you really gonna believe what he tells you? Or is he bluffing?

30. High Definition

High Definition No Smoke / No Drink 2011+

Nov 26, 2007
    South Beach
    Sparano needs to stick to defense only... or should I say strictly the front 7?

31. TheAnswer385

TheAnswer385 Stay Low Run Free

Jan 7, 2008
    PA
    bump

32. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    You owe Sparano a beer, HD. Make it something good, Yuengling maybe.

anlgp and GISH like this.
  33. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    @ the article: "cool story, bro"