1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sparano credits work in practice + Other News...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ATVZ400, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ATVZ400

ATVZ400 Senior Member

Mar 22, 2008
    parts unknown, NJ
  2. Larryfinfan

Larryfinfan 17-0...Priceless Club Member

I love one of the quotes from Penny " There's still things we need to work on" that's all he talked about in his article, what we needed to work on, not how good things went on this past Sunday....something the rest of the team needs to continue to work on...

anlgp likes this.
  3. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

This is the mentality we need from Ginn on every passing down. Even if the ball is not thrown near him there are always chances of a ball being tipped and him maybe being in the right spot at the right time.

EDIT:

There's also an article that talks about Porter, Roth & Cobbs coming up big with their opportunities and it mentions the big one.. Ernest Wilford. They say "is he another guy who only shines with the right opportunities"? This is what the coaches have been saying all along.. They're trying to figure out spots for guys.

If they don't make that they don't make the team next year.

4. sgtphin

sgtphin Season Ticket Holder

Nov 25, 2007
    Clay City, Indiana
    On the question about Wilford, you first have to take into account who's asking the question, Armando! He's always trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else and just keeps throwing crap out there hoping something sticks so he can say "I said it first"! I believe that Sparano knows a hell of a lot better than Armando if a player is worth putting on the field or not. I trust our coaches instincts and judgement much more than anything that imitation journalist can come up with!

5. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

I do, too. I don't mind armando but sometimes seems like he stirs the pot.. which is their job. "The right opportunity" for Wilford are the ones he gets. If he makes the most out of them I bet you he doesn't sit on the sideline.

6. alen1

alen1 New Member

Dec 16, 2007
    I think Ernest Wilford is a player who can't be the go-to-go. He has to be the number two or three option in an offense. He doesn't do anything well really. In my opinion, he has to have outside targets while he works off them in the slot.

I like that quote from Sparano. I thought Allen played well and should continue to play on both ST's and in the nickel. Lets hope it continues.

7. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    I would rather give this london kid a shot over wilford..theres something there.