1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Source: Reggie Bush not returning to Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Den54

Den54 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 23, 2007
    AMERICA!
    Didn't see that coming.

VanDolPhan and smahtaz like this.
  2. jboogie

jboogie The sky is NOT falling!

I hoped he would stick around, we just can't pay him based on a few highlight reel runs

anthony0187 and DolfanTom like this.
  3. Larry Little

Larry Little Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I figured the chances of him returning were pretty slim. I hate to say it, because he works so damn hard... but, he's not the guy.

4. Phinfanjt

Phinfanjt New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    This has been expected for weeks now

5. mroz

mroz Fix the OL Club Member

Oct 26, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    color me shocked

6. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Goodbye Reggie. You were our best offensive player last season, though I think it's Miller's time to get some chances anyway. Reggie is a great play maker and pass catcher, but a mediocre running back.

7. Triggercut

Triggercut Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Tampering violation?

8. seabass0795

seabass0795 New Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Orlando
    No, because players can talk to other teams this weekend, and he has had a lot of attention from 3 teams according to his agent.

9. Disgustipate

Disgustipate Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 25, 2007
    He seemed like a hard working, good guy, and way less dumb celebrity Kim Kardashian bull**** than I had feared when he was signed. Good signing in its context, but I certainly don't want to watch him not be able to handle zone blocking in front of him ever again unless it's on a division rival.

DolfanTom and Stringer Bell like this.
  10. maynard

maynard Who, whom?

Dec 5, 2007
    clearwater, fl
  11. oakelmpine

oakelmpine New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    I thought this man was so underutilized while he was here. Such a shame. I just hope he doesn't go to the Patzies and run like 2,000 yards and 15 TDs next year....UGH

12. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Livin' and Dyin' w/ Ryan!

Apr 26, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    I liked Reggie, but he's not capable of any such stats, unless he's back at USC. Too much of a dancer in the backfield to consistently succeed. He has his moments, of course, and they tend to be eye-popping, but people quickly forget his missed holes, and dancing the wrong way for loss of yardage. Drove me nuts, especially last year. I always thought there were plays he left on the field, even though he certainly made some. I just always felt he was capable of more, but his style keeps him from doing it. In a way, his trying too hard for a big play keeps him from making more consistent plays.

13. Reggie was a nice surprise for me. He is a better player than I gave him credit for prior to coming to Miami. Since then my oppinion of him has changed and he has made me a believer. I would of perferred to of seen him back with the Dolphins but can certainly understand that they are not interested in getting into a bidding war to bring him back. Detroit and Arizona both sound like good fits for him and I wish him sucess if he goes to either of those two places. I do not see NE expressing any interest in him or anyone in the AFCE for that matter.

I can see NE making Smith an offer, allthough I am a lil surprised by it. They may like him up there but he is looking for a payday from whoever he signs with. Smith is a good CB but not 10-12 million good as he supposedly wants. NE wont be able to afford that and resign Welker too. I will be very shocked if Smith lands up there.

Long I am curious to see who makes him an offer and for how much. Im thinking Chicago and maybe SanDiego?

14. WhiteIbanez

WhiteIbanez Megamediocremaniacal

Aug 10, 2012
    It will bite us in the *** IMO.

15. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

If the Pats sign Smith, I'd be ok with taking Arrington off their hands for about half price.

16. Desides

Desides Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Not if the correct player is added behind Miller. There are quite a few we can go with. Mike Goodson, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Justin Forsett, Steven Jackson… though SJ will likely want to go to an immediate Super Bowl contender. So I guess that means the Patriots.

There's also Jonas Gray, already on the roster. There are a lot of buy low candidates in the draft, like Marcus Lattimore. I like the idea of bringing in Mike James, too.

Reggie Bush isn't indispensable.

17. Hurricane

Hurricane Guest

[​IMG]

BlameItOnTheHenne likes this.
  18. BlameItOnTheHenne

BlameItOnTheHenne Taking a poop

Aug 15, 2010
    Davie
    He was a gigantic surprise and I'll miss having him. One of the few guys who is only part of the team for a year or two that you grew to appreciate a ton.

I'm really interested in what he gets on the open market, though.

Anonymous likes this.
  19. pocoloco

pocoloco I'm your huckleberry Club Member

Nov 28, 2007
    North Chicagoland
    I think he'd fit quite well in Detroit. He can fill that Jahvid Best role for them, just better.

20. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Saw some stuff by midseason where I was done and thought it was significant enough where he wouldnt be back, im sure the coaches studied the film, but damn is he an awesome professional athlete..

Eddie Lacy Please, if he drops..no?.. Alright piss off..

Tell me y'all wouldn't gush over trotting out Tyler Eifert, Eddie Lacy, and Stedman Bailey.

Sheeeeee&.. With Wallace....omgoodness.

21. PlanB

PlanB New Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Not Good. I always thought we would sign him before Moore. Bush has alot left in the Tank, he will only get better with a legitamate passing game. He struggled because our reciever core sucked.

22. VanDolPhan

VanDolPhan Club member Club Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Hamilton, Ontario Canada
    I'll laugh if he ends up in Arizona. Where all running backs go to die.

23. oakelmpine

oakelmpine New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Well I wasn't really talking about his running back abilities I guess. I thought he could have been used more as a pass catcher out of the backfield and also as a slot receiver.

24. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Was my favorite player on Miami's roster, but I understand the move. Plug and play position. In today's NFL, it's definitely becoming more and more a position you can be cheap on. And look at the cap hell the Panthers are in for overspending TWICE at the position and getting next to nothing in return on the investment.

25. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    I think he became a luxury we could not afford.RB by committe seems to be the trend today and we will be emulatating that trend it seems .

26. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2007
    NJ
    DT and Lamar Miller? This scares me. Bush could as so much value if we used him in the passing game and punt returns too. I find it hard to believe it would take so much to keep him on the roster. I have little faith in DT, and I can only hope miller does the things he needs to do to keep his *** on the field.

27. mommabilly

mommabilly No riders allowed

May 3, 2010
    Bush to the AZ Cardinals ? LOL , where players go to end their career and slowly fade away

28. Conuficus

Conuficus Premium Member Luxury Box

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Actually he struggled because he isn't a one cut runner and missed holes numerous times because of it. Hence why the blocking scheme actually began to see more in line blocking; in order to play Reggie's strengths. Thats why he struggled, and thats also why he is moving on. He doesn't fit the scheme they wish to run.

Ducken likes this.
  29. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Completely fine moving forward with Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, and Player to be named later

Mainge and Anonymous like this.
  30. IMO that is an indication a weak coaching trait when they are unable to adapt their schemes around talent. That does that mean we would pass on probowl projected talent in the draft because they would need to adapt to that players skill set and settle for a lesser talented player.

To be clear I am not saying that means we have bad coaches just limited. They may be very good at coaching within thier scheme. It does bother me if they are letting him walk ony because he does not fit their schemes. I hope there is more to the story then just that.

31. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    I think you're off the mark. They did alter what they to fit him, but you can't do that the entire time. If so you'd have to do it for every player you have, which is impossible. They changed the blocking scheme, which changes the tendency breaker's blocking as well. At some point, the scheme is more than any one guy. You do things within the offense to help or put players in better positions, but you don't change your whole offensive blocking scheme for one man. You drafted and acquired talent to fit that scheme along the offensive line, now they may not fit the other blocking scheme. So what about them? You're now asking some of them to do things they may not be good at just for the sake of Reggie Bush.

All pro talent is not just there. Maybe a handful of guys fit that on their own. The scheme they are in has a lot do with a player's success.

Letting talent go that doesn't fit what you want to do is not unusual, it happens all the time. Especially at a fungible position; running back. It's not a quarterback for instance, which are harder to find. Reggie is a back you can replace fairly easily. Lamar Miller will do that all by himself.

Ducken and djphinfan like this.
  32. The G Man

The G Man Git 'r doooonnne!!!

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm fine with Bush moving on to greener pastures. I would also love to see SS in NE. Especially if we sign Wallace. :shifty:

33. your point is fair Im not sure if I agree with as applied to Reggies circumstances. Difference of oppinions. I think there is room for Reggie here

34. MrClean

NFL_Draft_Insider ‏@NFLDraftBites
    #Dolphins & Bush's Agent Joel Segal have been negotiating through media reports for over 2 months. Eventually, Reggie will return to Miami.

CANDolphan and shula_guy like this.
  35. IMO this would be good news if it turns out to be true

36. invid

invid Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Whaaaat... that's unexpected. Are players buying in?

37. MrClean

I agree. Mendenhall does not thrill me at all for anything much above vet minimum.

maynard likes this.
  38. jdang307

jdang307 Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Nov 29, 2007
    San Diego
    Be funny if he does resign. Apparently all this talk about the coaches and FO seeing Reggie doesn't fit their scheme ... all for naught.

39. Conuficus

Dec 8, 2007
    Well away from here
    Well, the blocking scheme did change throughout the season, and he did leave a good bit of yardage out there. That's hard to swallow if you're looking for you back to simply make a cut and go.

Personally I don't see him coming back. And, no I don't see him as an ideal fit for what we wish to do running the ball. Lamar Miller is a much better fit IMHO.