1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony charging game makers bandwidth fee for downloadable content

Discussion in 'Gaming Forum' started by DaFish, Mar 23, 2009.

1. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posted this one yesterday. They are in stock again. Get them while you can. I am always getting deals like this from places I order my computer parts from.

And make that 2 360's for $300.

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=29153"]http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=29153

2. unifiedtheory

unifiedtheory Sub Pending Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    If by "fanboy" you mean I own a PS3, I owned a PS2 and I owned a PS1 then I'll go with yes.

If by "fanboy" you mean I DESPISE Microsoft and don't want to give them another cent of my money for the rest of my life without having a gun put to my head then I'll go with yes. THAT SAID, if some games came out for XBOX that I absolutely could not go on without playing then I'd buy one. I am not going to deprive myself of something just because of personal hatred towards the manufacturer.

If by "fanboy" you mean I can't stand XBOX controllers then I'll go with yes.

If by "fanboy" you mean that my PS3 is the central machine in my home theater, rendering my $600.00 up scaling DVD player unused and has me looking to replace my DVD library with Blu-Rays because of their superior picture quality and sound then I'll go with yes.

I don't understand the whole "fanboy" mentality to be honest. If you prefer something over another thing and have legitimate personal reasons for doing so why are you a "fanboy"? Personally, I think "fanboy" is one of the most overused words on the internet. Making a choice and having a personal preference should not a be considered a poor character trait IMO.

3. DrAstroZoom

DrAstroZoom Canary in a Coal Mine Luxury Box

Jan 8, 2008
    Springfield, Ill.
    If I weren't a paraplegic, I would give you a standing ovation.

mor911 likes this.
  4. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007

i will disagree about the controller...i think you are crazy

other than that you are right on...ps3 is an excellent bluray/dvd player...my only problem with it is in my entertainment center i have to leave the front door open or else the fans get so loud it's crazy...even with the door open it quiets down a bit but is still loud and hot as **** in there...there are holes in the back too, not sure what i can do about it...

5. DaFish

DaFish Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I feel the same about Apple.

6. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips hmm.

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Truth. I've gone through 2 ipods. But itunes and everything just makes it so easy, so I haven't jumped ship yet.

7. BuckeyeKing

BuckeyeKing Wolves DYNASTY!!!!

Dec 6, 2007
    You could have went with the short answer and said Yes :tongue2:

Phin-o-rama likes this.
  8. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    :lol:

9. unifiedtheory

Nov 24, 2007
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    I'm alright for now with the "ventilation" thing because the PS3 sites in a wide open space beside my TV. That said, the stand I do have has to remain open at all times as well because my amp outs out a TON of heat. Someone needs to invent a good looking stand that can fit 6 items (amp, DVD, CD, cable box and game console, etc.) and has some sort of fool proof ventilation system built in so you don't have to worry about the heat.