1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something that confuses me

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Alex44, Mar 25, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    So during the weekdays I eat well. By well I mean lots of fruits, nuts, so on. On the weekends I let loose and eat tons of crapfood. For example this weekend I had:

Probably 5 cans of red bull
    About two 2 liters of coke
    Mcdonalds multiple times
    Candy
    3-4 Burritos
    Chinese food
    List goes on

Now here is my question. Every friday I weigh myself, and every tuesday I weigh less than I did Friday even though over the weekend I eat SO much crap. For example on Friday I weighed 197. Today I weigh 194.

Why does this happen? I'm really curious. The only thing I can think of is that on monday I always end up in the bathroom a lot :lol:

2socks likes this.
  2. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

You stressed out?

I'd see a doctor that's kinda weird.

3. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Well I'm trying to lose some weight and get around 185 so it isnt a bad thing really. It just confuses me how my body can take in more and end up weighing less after.

4. anlgp

anlgp ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:confused2:

5. Dol-Fan Dupree

Dol-Fan Dupree Tank? Who is Tank? I am Guy Incognito.

Dec 11, 2007
    Back when I was in highschool and I had to lose 20 or so pounds in a few months I went through the same exact thing. I would bust my *** and eat right during the week and only see maybe a pound and then I would eat too much over the weekend and do nothing and see 3 lbs gone on monday.

Alex44 likes this.
  6. 2socks

2socks Rebuilding Since 1973

Nov 27, 2008
    Atlanta
    This is actually an easy one. What is most likely happening is when you don't eat every few hours your body shuts down your metabolism and goes into starvation mode to conserve energy, because your body doesn't know when it will be fed again. Thus, you maintain the weight or actually gain weight.

When you eat like crazy over the weekend you body says " oh cool more food and lets what you first ate go and then you eat again, and the cycle repeats. After 24 hours of this your body turns up your metabolism and allows you to burn even more energy. Then when Monday comes again your in starvation mode your body hangs on to every calorie again.

Be happy....you are a lucky person.... and you got good genes....and I am not talking about your Levis either:lol:

Alex44 likes this.
  7. Alex44

Alex44 Boshosaurus Rex

Jan 7, 2008
    Hollywood, Florida
    Yeah but its not like I undereat during the week. I mean I get closed to 2000-2500 every weekday. Which is fine because I work a job where I'm on my feet a lot.

You're probably right though. I know if I ate everyday like I do on the weekends I'd gain weight but I guess the cycle I'm in somehow works for my body.

8. MonstBlitz

MonstBlitz Nobody's Fart Catcher

Jan 14, 2008
    Hornell, NY
    Chinese food, mcdonalds, burritos and you're losing weight? Sign me up!

In all seriousness maybe it's just a delay factor. During the weekend your weight is reflecting what you ate during the week. By Friday, your weight is reflecting what you ate during the weekend. You're probably also putting on a lot of water weight during the weekend that comes off quickly on Monday. Especially if you're in the bathroom a lot.

Alex44 likes this.