1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something a bit different for the seriously hard core

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by my 2 cents, Jan 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. my 2 cents

my 2 cents Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2007
    NC Mountains
    Just for grins with recruiting season upon us...I was thinking about the best High school football players I ever saw (not college or Pro's but the best HS ballers)........anyone care to share there's since we have such geographic diversity.........p.s....I never saw Michael Oher......it is amazing if you watch any HS football how many great players you have actually seen.

#1...not even close after #2 ...Deion Sanders...was a man among boys and owned the old FL/GA all star game. He was just indescribable fast then........

#2 Bryce Brown.....closest to being a totally dominant back as I have pesonally ever seen.
    #3 Emmitt Smith: a great HS back...
    #4 Tim Tebow...nuff said....
    #5 Scot Brantley....dominant and in his first game made a hit that actually rocked the old Tangerine bowl's top deck from crowd noise...
    #6 Eddie Weaver...the Meat clever was an absolute beast that controlled everything....owned Haines City back then......
    #7 Leon Bright...every time he touched the ball you held your breath...was Merritt Islands team back then.
    #8 Ray Lewis...you could see it all then...
    #9 Warren Sapp...a bit lazy back then and pronably should be lower if I really thought about this list.......
    #10 Ron Stallworth...the Pensacola end not the WR...played with the Jets a while but totally dominated the games I saw...
    #11 Cris Collinsworth..a QB back then that had the it factor...
    #12 Jeff Francour....the Braves player was a stud DB for Parkview HS...
    #13 Hershel Walker....a beast...physically mature then and made it look so easy..
    #14 Daunte Culpepper.....bigger faster and a better thrower than anyone he competed with on the HS level....
    #15 Anthony Carter.......electric but had no QB back then....
    #16 Michael Irvin....caught everything and had that attitude early on....
    #17 Wayne Peace...so smooth and unflappable...Lakeland is what they are today because Peace put them on the map......
    #18 Greg Frye...an absoluetly dominant HS lineman that went to FSU and did zero.....
    #19 Mike D'andrea...too bad his OSU career was cut so short...only saw him once but he stood out as better than anyone he played with or against...
    #20 Wilbur Marshall: dynamic and upset everything anyone tried to do....
    #20 b. Larry Key, Inverness...poor man's Leon Bright....and if you ever saw him at FSU who can forget the jingling keys every time he lined up to return a KO......

Guys I wish I saw from the old stomping grounds:Wes Chandler, Jerome Brown, Devin Hester, Corey Simon, Fred Taylor, John L. Williams and I always heard stories about Deacon Jones from the way way back days........

2. finsincebirth

finsincebirth Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Woot Jeff Franceour. My cousin played baseball and DB alongside him at PV

my 2 cents likes this.