1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some thoughts on some camp fotage

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by djphinfan, Jul 18, 2014.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Season Ticket Holder Club Member

Dec 20, 2007
    There's some breakdowns/video of all position units on the dolphin site...some really good stuff to.

1} Misi looks fit and trim and quick, and Ellerbe seems comfortable next to him..saw some clips misi directing traffic, Ellerbe making a nice play on an underneath route..

2} Caw wake looks spry in his drills, real spry.

3}yup, Shelby is in better condition.

4}Wake says a lot of folks don't talk about him but watch out of Jelani...Congemi says that Jenkins has added weight without losing his speed.

5} Lamar Miller went back to the U this offseason to work with his track coach to get more explosive..Miller vows to run more physical..I noticed that he's holding the ball high and tight, looked fast in drills that's for sure, lets see when the pads come on.

6} Misi talks about the transition as admittedly ''not an easy one", he really stresses the amount of work he's doing and that needs to be done, just so he can just play instinctively..When he first heard of the switch he started comin in the building at 4:30, then 5:00 and now 5:30, laughs and says ''in before philbin for sure'' {Also talks about how he had his wife buy cones and set them up in the living room, she had the playbook, she would make the call and he would set up all his cone teammates}...He's gonna mess up, but he's a football player, he'll figure something out, I think he's working as hard as anyone and his teammates may follow that type of effort...top 3 things i'm looking for in camp, Misi.

7}Misi tells a story about Finnegan and Delmas first day on site, said he came in the meeting room and they were teachin the rookies,also talks about the much needed enthusiasm that Delmas brings to the table, he's excited to play wih him.

8}hell i'll put the daily juice nugget in here, first on NFL insiders when talking about our team they showed 4 random highlights, all four were throws from Ryan to Jarvis..and there was a real nice one on one matchup on the outside with grimes, he ran a good route, slapped Grimes hands away pretty hard and got him turned...ran away after it was over like he knew he got him,and then troy stradford in the middle of the interview stops and looks at Jarvis all serious and hyped, and was like" im feelin your confidence right now, HOW GOOD ARE YOU??', REALLY LIKE HOW GOOD''

It was funny...one confident dude.

DPlus47, Hiruma78, dolfan22 and 13 others like this.
  2. PhinFan1968

PhinFan1968 To 2020, and BEYOND! Club Member

Damn...if the other 52 could emulate. I'm sure some (few) do, but man...that's impressive.

77FinFan likes this.
  3. CrunchTime

CrunchTime Administrator Retired Administrator

Nov 23, 2007
    Not many people have heard much about Jelani before he was drafted but I thought he was a bargain when Ireland drafted him ......even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.:wink2:

He is not big but he has great LB instincts is very good in coverage and he is smart.

Misi has the talent and has put in the work to make the transition to mlb.Maybe I have homer blinders on but I think we are seeing the beggining of a good LB core.:yes:

4. MrClean

MrClean Inglourious Basterd Club Member

I'm not so sure about that. Playing for a high profile program like Florida, he was relatively well known as college football players go, as it pertains to who football fans are aware of. Now, if we want to consider typical folks in someplace like the Congo or Bosnia, then yeah maybe he wasn't so well known, but if that is the case, none of them are.

5. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    As you know also highly decorated comin out of high school, nickel recruit, offers from standford, ND, USC, etc, 4.5 speed with 27 reps, real smart scholar boy...6' 245 lb possible missle.

Imo, he got pudgy in college, let his diet go, and probably just had a real good time on the campus of Florida, (kid that decorated probably busted his *** in high school) while he let himself go a bit in college and played a finesse brand of football, he's got the checklist of talents, there was good film of him last year knowing his responsibilities, being in good position, and good signs early in camp that he has checked himself and is engaging his talents to the fullest.lets hope when the pads come on he wants it, and wants to be a little nasty doing it.

Word is he's added weight, so if it's good weight, 6 foot at 250 is a nice explosive package, very compact athlete, kinda like a bigger Vontae Davis body.

6. djphinfan

Dec 20, 2007
    Dude has some high school tape out there just runnin over and around fools at fullback, catchin wheel routes, lateral agility, theres play at mike on a blitz where it looks exactly like Clowneys big hit at Michigan, same Force, trajectory, hit, fumble, recovery, devastating..