1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some thoughts about the game

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Sceeto, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Sceeto

Sceeto Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    New York
    Yes, belated indeed.

Great game, although another heart damaging one. :tantrum:

Major shout out to the OL!!
    WTF happened there? They have guys hurt. They’re playing with some back-ups. They’re on their last six guys or whatever and they come out and have their best game?? That was freaking crazy. Tanny had time. The running game was on fire. To say the least, that was a pleasant shocker.

Major shout out to the D!!
    After the several drives which came up short, the D kept them in the game by making several key stops and kept giving the team a chance to win and finally made the game winning play. They bent at times, but didn’t break. Major shout out to Wake himself. He was an absolute beast. That play when he got around the edge and had the vision and presence of mind to be able to perfectly swat the ball and cause the fumble. That was sick!! That was almost as impressive as the awesome game ending sack.

Shout out to the receivers. They had a pretty solid game all around. Hartline made his signature awesome sideline reception and at such a key moment. Matthews made some nice receptions. Wallace had a good game and to that point…..

I thought some of the anti-Wallace statements which some were expressing before this game, imo, were a bit misguided or overblown. Some trying to say they were right in warning us before we signed him is such a steaming load of horse poop. The argument didn’t hold water then and it doesn’t now. I certainly don’t want to rehash that whole debate again. I will say that Wallace has proven that he is not just a one trick pony. In that second game I believe it was, when he broke a hundred yards receiving and had a couple of TDs, he ran every route, and actually a lot of shorter ones, I don't remember some coming here gloating and saying s--t like" I warned you about Wallace before we signed him" then. Why didn't they come here after that game and say they were wrong about Wallace? Where are they now? He ran every route and made some great plays and TDs in that game. He made some nice plays and ran some good routes in this past game. That stutter step go route was sweet and he totally burned the defender. There had been an obvious problem with the passing game in general. A LOT had to do with the OL. Tanny didn’t have any time at all. He was getting pressured or crushed right away. He also was having a problem with his deep ball placement and accuracy. That should have been obvious to anyone watching the games. There hadn’t been enough time and consistency for he and Wallace to build a repoire and to get used to and comfortable with each other. That was part of the reason for the drops. I’m not excusing them. I wasn’t happy with them, but it’s not as one sided as some implied. Mayock said it well during the game when he said that to take advantage of Wallace’s deep threat ability, the QB needs time and that Rothlisberger is great at buying time and extending the play which gives Wallace time to do his thing and get open deep”. Miami’s OL has been terrible. They got Tanny sacked more than any other QB in the league. Look, Tanny gets some time and what do you know? …he hits Wallace for a big play and some other decent receptions. What a surprise?.. ..and no drops. And as for the drops, I'm not excusing them. It sucks, but it happens to them all, even the great ones. Did you see Green and Gresham drop those easy catches? Those were also a lot easier to catch than the ones Wallace dropped in the past. Anyway, great to see Tanny and Wallace have a solid game together.

Shout out to Tanny for playing a solid game with no picks and fumbles. He was efficient and had a solid completion percentage. He got everyone involved. He, as usual, stayed calm, cool and collected and showed great poise.

Shout out to the coaches!!
    It was good to see Sherman learn from his past mistakes and continue to pound the rock instead of giving up on it too early like he had done in the past. Coyle called a good game and was able to keep the D strong and fresh enough to win the game. Aside from a couple of plays, I think Grimes had a solid game and, of course, made that key and awesome pick six.

Anyway, a lot of shout outs to go around. Feels really good to finally get a win and out of the s—t storm for a bit. :up: