1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some good News In all this Mess.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Miguel, Nov 20, 2010.

1. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    So when is Jake Grove coming back?

2. the 23rd

the 23rd a.k.a. Rio

Apr 20, 2009
    Tampa Area
    glad Sparano took my advice on that one, unfortunately, too little too late. he never should have been cut along with Smiley & Thomas. bad coaching...the man is an incompetent

3. Georgia Fin

Georgia Fin Fin For Life

Nov 25, 2007
    West Georgia
    Guys it says nothing about Grove coming back, they're talking about Berger.

4. frozenfin

frozenfin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I think my sarcasm was overthrown by a few yards... article says Berger may be back for Oakland game and he was out this week due to a personal issue just as much as injury.

My point is, Berger coming back doesn't excite me a whole lot. So now our offense might pass protect a little better, but still won't run block worth a crap.

Horray we might score 10 or 14 points in games again instead of zero, I am very excited now...

Wake me up when we can run the football.

5. jw3102

jw3102 season ticket holder

Sep 4, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    What a bummer. I thought when I read your topic heading that perhaps Dan Marino had discovered the fountain of youth and he could once again play like he did in his 20's. Instead I find out that the exciting news is that a mediocre center for the Dolphins just might be able to play against the Raiders. Unfortunately this doesn't help the fact that Jake long, if he plays will once again have to play using just one arm.
    There is a major question as to whether Marshall will be ready for the game. Our third string QB is still at the helm. And even with Berger back at center. I still doubt if the Dolphins will run for over 50 yards in the game. All I can say is. Danny Boy, keep looking for that fountain of youth. We need you.

6. siciliansith

siciliansith Resident Deviant

Nov 25, 2007
    Rochester NY
    Sir your on my friends list but you really freak me out lately! Smiley was cut for Garner right who out played him without the shoulder issue Smiley faced. Thomas was a bruiser with no skills. We took a chance and he was a strong at the point of attack but could not do anything after. He also couldn't grasp the mental game imo. Im not saying what we picked up was any better, but those guys were not elite.

And your disdain for Sparano i just disagree with. This all could have gone alot of ways. Was Sparano helping fix our problems and looking to the futur? REMEMBER THIS OLINE BROKE DOWN LAST YR DUE TO AGE. This yr its a bit of weak talent and unlucky, but we got younger and more athletic. We got more out of this group than many would, it just didnt hold up. Now I'll discuss that, but not Sparano being incompetent.

We saw a revamp of the defense this off season that was gonna take a yr at least. So why not try to adjust the aging line that cant compete while the defense gets solid. This was never a three yr plan! Name me how many teams turn it around in three. It was always a long term youth building program, that allowed us to be strong for a long period of time.

Sparano is pragmatic so he won't sell the young guys for instant success that is usually unreachable. (Sparano is a numbers guy he knows)

But he also told us day one he will always try to win, not tank a season for a draft pick, not placate to idiot fans, but try to win with what he's got. No excuses. Can we get better hell yeah we can but who can't. Henning could probably go but we just need better play makers.

Sparano HAS DONE NOTHING BUT GIVE US WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD DAY ONE ! Honesty, Integrity and hard nose football. He never embarassed me as a fan with his mouth. Never threw a player under the bus, and has never allowed a player to be better than the team. Straight shooter and class guy . JMO

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
  7. NJFINSFAN1

NJFINSFAN1 Premium Member Luxury Box

Nov 24, 2007
    Northwest New Jersey

:huh1: Grove is not back.

And nobody, not one of the other 31 teams signed him

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho -=| Censored |=-

Nov 13, 2009
    Good news. We can still go 11-5.

9. GMJohnson

GMJohnson New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Grove isn't coming back, he's mentioned nowhere in the article. I guess in your haste to commence in the horn tooting, you decided not to um, read the article. Sparano is the Coach, he doesn't have final say on personnel decisions, that would be Jeff Ireland. In fact, not a single team has "taken your advice" and signed either Grove or Thomas. If only there was a single NFL GM who was as "competent" as you, those guys would have jobs by now.