1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somali died of TB.in Kansas

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by gafinfan, Sep 19, 2008.

1. gafinfan

gafinfan gunner Club Member

Coral Reefer likes this.
  2. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Premium Member

Nov 25, 2007
    Back in Miami
    Geez......

When will this country realize that to preserve our way of life, safety and the quality of our citizens that immigration standards need to be raised and actually enforced.

It's ridiculous that we let the criminals, diseased and those with little to no skills to offer in the country without question from certain places while restricting the entry of individuals with clean bills of health and great talents to offer from other places.

A country is only as strong as the people that make up it's populace no?

This is ridiculous!

finswin56 and gafinfan like this.
  3. Vengeful Odin

Vengeful Odin Norse Mod

Dec 2, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Fantastic. The Tyson plant in Emporia. I know where that is. Glad to know that the chicken I've been buying that is proudly "hormone free and drug free" apparently doesn't extend to the workers.

Blaming this all on immigrants is a little too Lou Dobbs for my taste. Look, I don't really care if they are immigrants or not, that's not really the point. I don't think it's too much to ask that the food we consumed be prepared by folks with a clean bill of health. I do care that companies aren't hiring healthy workers to work in their plants. Stricter regulation would be a nice start, and fines for companies that willingly hire sick folks would be even better. Nice to know that Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" is still ringing true in 2008.